PDA

View Full Version : 2016-2018 open season hunting dates?

Punchie
01-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Hi,
this is my first post. I've moved hear 2&1/2 years ago from Australia and have just married a lovely Canadian Girl so I could be hanging around a little longer.

Im looking to book time off work to hunt mountain Goat in region 5. The new synopsis isn't out and I can't seem to find a copy of the 2012-2014 synopsis to compare to the current regulations. I've also looked through the proposed changes and can't find any specific reference to open season dates.

My question is:
Will dates of open season's in the new synopsis be the same or relatively similar to the current synopsis?

Any my help would be greatly appreciated as I've only hunted using the current regulations I have no experience with the past regulations and what to expect as far as changes to dates are concerned.

thanks

notyalc
01-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Here's a link to the current regulations
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_2014-2016.pdf

Salty
01-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Welcome Punchie! This is my go to to keep up with the regs. Click on the map for the region you are interested in.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/

There's always changes but seldom big changes but the above is from the source and updated as needed.

boxhitch
01-23-2016, 03:27 AM
Season dates are pretty constant, goats aren't really managed that closely as most hunts are under utilized. If there is a problem a m.u. will get shut down

Punchie
01-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks lads,
mum guessing if I book time off in late September I should be sweet.

Punchie
01-24-2016, 09:00 PM
* I'm.

monasheemountainman
01-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Hey bud, get the huntbc app it's $5 well spent!! Also welcome!! And are you a perm resident? If so congrats and happy hunting! Cheers

Punchie
01-24-2016, 09:28 PM
Yeah I've got my spousal PR application in. Im currently a resident on an IEC work visa.
I've go the hunt buddy BC app. It's super useful But once you go to a date past 15th of June 2016 there is no information on open seasons.

Rupert Retired
01-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Welcome to BC, and you will have a ton of fun hunting goats in Region 5, I will assume you are in Bella Coola. The season opens Aug 1 in almost all the coastal mountains, so unless there is a real problem, you could assume that will be the date. But late September might be too late for your hunt, depending on where you are going and how you are getting in. The biggest problem with coastal goat hunting is the weather, being fogged or rained in. You need a window of a few days to actually hunt something. So, depending on whether you are flying in somewhere or hiking, you may want to re-calibrate to Aug 15 - Sep 15, before the snow flies, or the lakes freeze up. The good news is, there are billys out there that are dying of old age because no-one can access them, due to the same weather. So, good luck, and hope you post all you adventures on this site!

Punchie
01-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the information, any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.
I've hunted Tahr and chamois on New Zealand's west coast and greatly looking forward to the challenge hunting the BC alpine will bring.

ajr5406
01-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Hi,
this is my first post. I've moved hear 2&1/2 years ago from Australia and have just married a lovely Canadian Girl so I could be hanging around a little longer.

Im looking to book time off work to hunt mountain Goat in region 5. The new synopsis isn't out and I can't seem to find a copy of the 2012-2014 synopsis to compare to the current regulations. I've also looked through the proposed changes and can't find any specific reference to open season dates.

My question is:
Will dates of open season's in the new synopsis be the same or relatively similar to the current synopsis?

Any my help would be greatly appreciated as I've only hunted using the current regulations I have no experience with the past regulations and what to expect as far as changes to dates are concerned.

thanks

Welcome to BC!

Im also from Australia, and married a Canadian girl 10 years ago. Been here in BC for the last 6 years.

Happy hunting, and happy Australia Day for tomorrow!