PDA

View Full Version : Hike in only Fish Lakes?

Danimal
01-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello, Just throwing this out there. My wife and I are avid hikers, hunters and fisher people. For this upcoming spring we are looking for Lakes that are hike in only, in the Thompson/ Okanagan. more than day trips are what we are looking for, just a back country get away where we can catch a fish or two at the end of the day. Has anyone out there have a lake or lakes, they would share? If so, that would be great! Thank you

jdmck
01-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Blackwell lake is a nice hike and some goodfish out of Monte lake behind Pratt lake

Kopper
01-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Couple beautiful high country lakes to choose from on the west side of the monashees in 8-23. I haven't hiked in since my pre-teens but have heard from others that the road network extends higher leaving for a shorter hike; for one of those lakes anyways.

Dannybuoy
01-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Blackwell lake is a nice hike and some goodfish out of Monte lake behind Pratt lake
There is a quad trail right to Blackwell
Peters , Spectrum , Margie .. all in the monashees

tyler-brown
01-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Hiked into spectrum lake in the monasheesh (passed sugar lake) was a 2 hr hike in. Beautiful Lake, and beautiful site. Even caught a couple nice rainbow right from shore with the spin reel. Could pack in an inflatable dinghy to get around the lake if you wanted. There's also more lakes PasSeddon spec, and up the trail more if you want a few more days added to your trip. Can't wait to go again next year

wrenchhead
01-23-2016, 07:07 PM
Little peters and peters are beyond spectrum, both great fishing. Lots of small rainbows. Spectrum has some larger fish maybe pushing 5lbs. The hike from spectrum to little peters is a dandy, lots of elevation gain, but worth it.