PDA

View Full Version : Favourite ice fishing bait

notyalc
01-22-2016, 07:34 AM
Heading out on the long weekend to do some ice fishing for trout. I usually use krill or meal worms for bait but never really get many hits. I started using power bait in the little cubes and found it was better. What do ya'll use? Anyone use something out of the ordinary?

Elkaholic
01-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Maggots, and if your really lucky and chop down some firewood full of wood worms, use those. The damn fish cant keep from eating them it seems.

SPEYMAN
01-22-2016, 08:02 PM
Was ice fishing in the Loops area one day. There was a young fellow a few yards away that was doing very well. As we were not doing so well, I went over and asked what he was using for bait?

His reply was very mumbled and I was unable to understand what he said.

So I repeated my question.

Once again his answer was mumbled.

In frustration I asked again in a somewhat louder voice, what are you using for bait?

He then spit something from his mouth into his hand and replied,"you have to keep your worms from freezing".

Funeral Of Hearts
01-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Double red hot procured deli shrimp.

markomoose
01-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Mikes Lunker Lotion on a rubber orange maggot jig for kokanee!Deadly combo!

MRP
01-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Chicken skin pre cut, add liquid from any caned fish. Little food colouring if u like a hint of yellow works good at some lakes. Put in a ziplock bag store in the freeze, always ready to go. It's tuff, saves rebaiting after any nibbles.