PDA

View Full Version : squamish valley areas to shoot

Jc12
01-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Hey guys, i am sorry for yet another thread on "areas to shoot" but i cannot for the life of me get solid information on whether or not it is legal to discharge firearms in west squamish. I am familiar with the paradise valley area and would like to sight in a scope or two without having to head to the range. I am not a huge fan of the "little irag" situation at sylvester and love the squamish area and know of several solid backstops to practice at. I've seen that they have recently changed their bylaws and have limited the areas (or gotten rid of them altogether?). Anyone have any insight? I would like to take the squamish valley road and head towards the squamish river.. thanks!

Carrollizer
01-20-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm sure its fine, they have put small signs up (about 8" wide by 12" high) that indicate how far you need to continue to actually be able to shoot. They literally say no shooting for 5kms, then the next one will say No Shooting for 2kms. I've gone past them and eventually found a nice back stop and set up shop.
Just keep your eyes peeled and make sure you make note of the signs and how much further you need to go.

albravo2
01-20-2016, 04:13 PM
It may have changed again recently, but as of last summer you were OK once you hit the gravel road. Except for somebody put up a no-shooting sign near the campsite at the first bridge over the Squamish. I'm not sure if it is a legal sign or somebody just trying to reduce noise.

Pick up your brass, remove your targets, have fun!

NorthShoreX
01-20-2016, 06:36 PM
There's a run of the river power plant on the Ashlu (left of the first bridge on the Squamish River) and a pump station a little up from the bridge on the Squamish River. Once you're past that there's nothing.

Jc12
01-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, hopefully ill head up there but my shooting partner is pestering me to go somewhere closer for a day trip (sylvester..). I am sure i could find a few areas to set up for the night so i may have to make a weekend out of it instead.