PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show 2016 & New Arrivals

GrouseRiver
01-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Like so many others, we too are on the ground in Vegas checking out all the newest releases from Shot Show. As always when we are looking at new products, your feedback is invaluable and so I'd like to invite everyone to comment on this thread with any particular brands or products that you would like us to check out. We will be updating this thread throughout the week with notable new products and other news, and will wrap things up on Friday.

In the spirit of new releases, we are pleased to announce that we already have the 2016 releases from Vortex Optics available for pre-order, including the Vortex Razor HD AMG 6-24x50 FFP Riflescope (http://www.grouseriver.com/Vortex-Razor-HD-AMG-6-24x50-FFP-Riflescope), and Razor HD LH Series. The full assortment of new products can be found here: (http://www.grouseriver.com/Sale-Items/Pre-Order/brands/Vortex)

Additionally, we also recently received the new Nightforce SHV 4-14X50MM F1 Riflescopes Illuminated (http://www.grouseriver.com/Nightforce-SHV-4-14x50mm-F1-Riflescopes-Illuminated) and have stock on these. We are still awaiting the arrival of the Nightforce Competition Lightweight 42x44 Riflescope with Zerostop (http://www.grouseriver.com/Nightforce-Competition-Lightweight-42x44-Riflescope-with-Zerostop)but it too is available for pre-order. Both of these scopes can be found here: (http://www.grouseriver.com/Sale-Items/Pre-Order/brands/Nightforce)

Lastly, pre-orders are also now available for our Mystery Ranch Packs. The full selection can be found here: (http://www.grouseriver.com/Sale-Items/Pre-Order/brands/Mystery-Ranch)

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. Looking forward to your product requests!

Best regards,

Justin Paterson
Community Ambassador

goinghunting
01-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Im not sure if they would consider having a canadian retailer but check out stone glacier packs.

VLD43
01-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Im not sure if they would consider having a canadian retailer but check out stone glacier packs.

X2. They are a great pack

savagecanuck
01-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Nice stuff but you would need a second mortgage to afford it.

Ferenc
01-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Any info on the new Mystery Ranch Guidelight frame would be greatly appreciated.

GrouseRiver
01-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Stone Glacier is certainly on our radar as we've had many inquiries about them, and we will continue to keep tabs on opportunities with them.

Ferenc, what information are you looking for? As I'm sure you know, the Guidelight frame is what all of the new Wilderness Series Hunting Packs are built off of. The primary difference over the previous NICE frame is a weight reduction of about 1 pound, as well as reversal of the hip-belt tightening direction (makes this much easier with a full load. Some other small tweaks, replacing buckles with permanent attachment points and so. I'll see if we can get a few photos from the Show to share.

Justin Paterson
(Community Ambassador)

Ferenc
01-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Hi Justin
Looking for how much the frame can hold
Features such as stitching..material .. Padding
and fitting of this frame... And accessories that can be purchased with this pack frame
and will you have any in stock in the near future
hope this helps.
Thanks

GrouseRiver
01-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi Justin
Looking for how much the frame can hold
Features such as stitching..material .. Padding
and fitting of this frame... And accessories that can be purchased with this pack frame
and will you have any in stock in the near future
hope this helps.
Thanks

Hi Ferenc,

As it stands (and this may yet change), the Guidelight frame is not being offered as a stand alone, but is incorporated into all of the new lineup of packs. The frame itself is adjustable to ensure proper pack fit, but the carrying capacity would be somewhat dictated by the chosen pack at this time.

If that changes, I anticipate that we would bring the frame in as a separate peice and at that time would be able to provide you with the information you've requested. I hope this is a satisfactory answer for the time being. If anything is announced at Shot Show, I'll certainly update this thread, but currently the official word from Mystery Ranch is that the frame is not available on it's own.

Best regards,

Justin

Weatherby Fan
01-20-2016, 02:29 PM
What does Mystery Ranch have in the line of new hunting daypacks if any ?
Thanks
WF

spear
01-20-2016, 02:29 PM
What kind of time line are you guys looking at for stock?
I personally am interested in two packs if the time line is reasonable

GrouseRiver
01-20-2016, 03:54 PM
What does Mystery Ranch have in the line of new hunting daypacks if any ?
Thanks
WF

The Scapegoat is the daypack that I am the most familiar with, though the Crewcab would merit a look as well. To be totally honest, I'm not sure what, if any, updates have been done to these packs for 2016, as Mystery Ranch is still updating their resources for the new lineup. Many of the new "daypack" products are geared more towards the general outdoor market and are less hunting focused, using lighter materials and so on.

Cab you provide a little more info on what exactly you are looking to carry? I find that the definition of "day pack" can vary greatly from person to person.

What kind of time line are you guys looking at for stock?
I personally am interested in two packs if the time line is reasonable

As it stands, we are expecting product to arrive in late March / early April. What packs were you looking at in particular? I believe the timeline for all arrivals is roughly the same but I can always take a closer look for you.

Thanks for all the questions guys! Have been having a little difficulty in posting, but will get some updates for you shortly.

Best regards,

Justin

Weatherby Fan
01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=GrouseRiver;1740857]The Scapegoat is the daypack that I am the most familiar with, though the Crewcab would merit a look as well. To be totally honest, I'm not sure what, if any, updates have been done to these packs for 2016, as Mystery Ranch is still updating their resources for the new lineup. Many of the new "daypack" products are geared more towards the general outdoor market and are less hunting focused, using lighter materials and so on.

Cab you provide a little more info on what exactly you are looking to carry? I find that the definition of "day pack" can vary greatly from person to person.

Sitka Ascent 12, Kuiu 1850 this sort of size and weight, just something to carry the basics.

MR Dragonslayer I like but still a bit bigger/heavier than I wanted , I have a MR Nice frame and a Wolf bag which I do use as a daypack, but of course is a little overkill, I like the durability and comfort of MR products.

Thanks again
Don
WF

DIRTY-THIRTY
01-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Stone Glacier.....definetely Stone Glacier. Would like the
Sky talus 6900 and some .....goodies

goinghunting
01-20-2016, 08:30 PM
Hi Ferenc,

As it stands (and this may yet change), the Guidelight frame is not being offered as a stand alone, but is incorporated into all of the new lineup of packs. The frame itself is adjustable to ensure proper pack fit, but the carrying capacity would be somewhat dictated by the chosen pack at this time.

If that changes, I anticipate that we would bring the frame in as a separate peice and at that time would be able to provide you with the information you've requested. I hope this is a satisfactory answer for the time being. If anything is announced at Shot Show, I'll certainly update this thread, but currently the official word from Mystery Ranch is that the frame is not available on it's own.

Best regards,

Justin

I heard mystery ranch wasnt going to be a modular pack anymore. What a shame, thats going to hurt them in a big way!

goinghunting
01-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Is there any new releases from any of the big 3 optics companys?

RiverRunner
01-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Are any of the synthetic game bag companies there?.. T.A.G. or Caribou?

How about shotgun ammunition? Specifically Brenneke slugs ……. these ones>> http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/blackmagicmagnum.html
From the chatter I see on CGN about these, I'm sure they would be a top seller.

Bino harnesses…. Alaska Guide Creations? FHF?

Quilts seem to be a popular lightweight option to sleeping bags for the mountain backcountry hunter…..

goinghunting
01-20-2016, 09:25 PM
X2 tag bags

primitive
01-20-2016, 11:47 PM
x3 on TAG bags. How about First Lite?

GrouseRiver
01-21-2016, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=GrouseRiver;1740857]The Scapegoat is the daypack that I am the most familiar with, though the Crewcab would merit a look as well. To be totally honest, I'm not sure what, if any, updates have been done to these packs for 2016, as Mystery Ranch is still updating their resources for the new lineup. Many of the new "daypack" products are geared more towards the general outdoor market and are less hunting focused, using lighter materials and so on.

Sitka Ascent 12, Kuiu 1850 this sort of size and weight, just something to carry the basics.

MR Dragonslayer I like but still a bit bigger/heavier than I wanted , I have a MR Nice frame and a Wolf bag which I do use as a daypack, but of course is a little overkill, I like the durability and comfort of MR products.

Thanks again
Don
WF

Hi Don,

With a larger carrying volume (2150 cu) than either the Sitka or Kuiu packs you mentioned, the Scapegoat weighs in at 3.9 lb would be the most comparable in that regard. Some of the packs in the "Mountain" lineup might compare more favorably, though I can't speak to any first hand experience with these packs. I agree though in regards to durability and comfort. I ran one of their Marshall packs this year, including one 10 day outing, and was very impressed. As this information is finalized, we will be updating the product listings currently on our website.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Justin

GrouseRiver
01-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Is there any new releases from any of the big 3 optics companys?

That depends, what big three do you mean? Swarovski, Zeiss and....? We have new products already available for pre-order from Vortex and Nightforce, and Bushnell has announced a new series as well.

If you can let me know who you're interested in, I'm happy to update you!

Best regards,

Justin

goinghunting
01-21-2016, 12:49 PM
That depends, what big three do you mean? Swarovski, Zeiss and....? We have new products already available for pre-order from Vortex and Nightforce, and Bushnell has announced a new series as well.

If you can let me know who you're interested in, I'm happy to update you!

Best regards,

Justin

Swarovski, zeiss and leica. I'd be mostly interested in new spotting scope options but am also interested if there has been any significant changes to range finding bino's this year?

Ferenc
01-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Hi Justin
In regards to the Mystery Ranch line up
Will they still be made in USA for 2016
Thanks

Weatherby Fan
01-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Hey Justin
Thanks for the daypack info, could you also check out the new Swarovski X5i 3.5-18x50 and let me know your thoughts.
thanks again

GrouseRiver
01-21-2016, 04:06 PM
I've been having a devil of a time posting updates/images from the show to this thread so I thought I'd provide a link to a similar thread that I have running on CGN here: (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1346452-Shot-Show-2016)

For anyone interested, I cover some new releases from Sitka, Badlands, and Eberlestock and also announce a few new brands for 2016, including Blaser and ATN Corporation Optics. I'm happy to carry on the conversation here, but thought this is a solution to my current posting issues that doesn't disrupt this thread too much.

Best regards,

Justin

RiverRunner
01-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Any info on the new Mystery Ranch Guidelight frame would be greatly appreciated.

From the MR booth at shot 2016…..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASGwhaD8cI

GrouseRiver
01-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Hello guys,

Apologies for the late reply here. RiverRunner, thanks for that excellent video for Mystery Ranch! There is so much good content produced at the show that it can be difficult to keep track.

I continue to have issues posting images, so once again, here is the link to the same thread on CGN (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1346452-Shot-Show-2016)updated with some more new news from Sitka as well as some info on Cadex and Browning.

Additionally, I'll need to touch base with a few other members who spent more time with Swarovski and the other optics brands that folks had questions about to be able to give a more accurate and concise response. Thanks for your patience and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Best regards,

Justin Paterson
Community Ambassador

TARCHER
01-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Tell some of those guys to open distributors in Canada.

GrouseRiver
01-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Swarovski, zeiss and leica. I'd be mostly interested in new spotting scope options but am also interested if there has been any significant changes to range finding bino's this year?

There wasn't a whole lot new this year in terms of spotting scopes, although Leica did release a new Geovid Rangefinding Binocular. Available in 4 configuration, 8x42, 10x42, 8x56 and 15x56. The most comprehensive information is available directly from Leica here: https://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-Optics/Leica-Hunting/Rangefinders/Leica-Geovid/Geovid-Range

Surprisingly, there were not as many new releases this year as in years past. It seemed that many brands were simply "updating" key products in their lineup. That being said, we will certainly be posting information about new products as they are confirmed with us.

Cheers,

Justin

GrouseRiver
01-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi Justin
In regards to the Mystery Ranch line up
Will they still be made in USA for 2016
Thanks

Hi Ferenc,

Mystery Ranch has moved all of their production (with the exception of a few "casual" packs) to the Philippines for 2016. Based on the packs we've seen and used, as well as our conversations with Mystery Ranch, our feeling is that the quality of the products will not be impacted in any way. Mystery Ranch has invested heavily in quality control to ensure that the reputation they've earned does not suffer throughout this move and we are confident that they will ensure the packs produced are up to scratch.

Thanks for the inquiry! There have been a lot of questions on this topic and we are happy to be able to clarify things somewhat.

Cheers,

Justin Paterson
Community Ambassador

shottyshooter
01-27-2016, 03:09 PM
Hi Justin - I googled the Eberlestock F65 but only the one pic shows up. This may be the glorified duffle bag I was looking for in another thread. Is it a stand alone backpack or just a shoulder strap/duffle type when it's not paired with the frame and does it have any internal organization or just a single compartment? If there's any more pics/info/price available ATM that would be great. Thanks