PDA

View Full Version : Time to Hunt... A Poll

Daybreak
01-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Thought it would be interesting to get an idea of how much time HBC members plan to dedicate to hunting in 2016. This would include both Spring and Fall hunting.
The poll is set to confidential so your answer is not public.

brian
01-15-2016, 09:12 PM
You are missing one option, I'll get out once or twice a week. That's mine for fall. Not so sure about spring yet.

Daybreak
01-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes, hard to cover all the exact circumstances .I would consider once or twice a week as falling under "I will hunt primarily weekends".

M.Dean
01-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Every day I can get my ass on my quad I plan on going hunt'in. Even the days I have to get someone to help me get on my quad I plan on go'in hunt'in! If for some reason in the evening I think I might not be able to get on my quad come morn'in to go hunt'in, I'll sleep on my quad and go hunt'in! And if ever I do wake up dead, I've left instructions to put me on my quad in the morni'in, start it up and open the gate and my quad knows where we go hunt'in as well as I do, and off I'll go for my last hunt'in trip! So, Ya, I clicked the "Hunt all I want" poll!

ruger#1
01-15-2016, 09:27 PM
I have four weeks this year. Going to use them wisely.

kodimack
01-15-2016, 10:23 PM
I've had 2-3 weeks to hunt for a few years now but no one to go with that will commit to that much time,
It would be great to get out for 2 solid weeks!

hunter1947
01-16-2016, 06:40 AM
I have that gift that I can spent all hunting season doing what I love to do and that's hunting not working..

nature girl
01-16-2016, 08:42 AM
I have 5 weeks for hunting.

russm
01-16-2016, 08:58 AM
I have 3 weeks vacation time that isn't spoken for and i can bank any overtime i work and use it as vacation time, im hopeing i can do just enough OT that i can take the fall off again.

604Stalker
01-16-2016, 09:01 AM
... The question isn't when I will be hunting its when will not be thinking about it.

Daybreak
01-16-2016, 09:09 AM
I can't think of anything that sucks more than going to work with a fresh dump of snow on the hills and the rut in full swing. Lucky for us that the various ruts are all timed differently otherwise it would get pretty busy in the hills at one time.

Iron Glove
01-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Being retired I guess I can hunt anytime that I get the energy up. :lol:
Took the Son-In-Law out two says last year on the "Initiation" deal, he enjoyed it and will be doing his CORE soon.
Between him and my Son, hope to get a lot of hunting in this year.

REDGREEN
01-16-2016, 10:21 AM
I plan to take a couple days off for fishing, but the rest of the time I will be making noise.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Hopefully the better part of a week for spring bears. Haven't done that for a couple years so really looking forward to that!

We have a plant shutdown in the summer that forces me to chase early season sheep. Up in the air right now.

Will try to take the first week in September for my daughter and archery deer.

Then it's lockdown all fall at work until mid to late November when I finally get my weekends back.

takla1
01-16-2016, 11:31 AM
work can throw a monkey wrench into hunting plans for sure..been planning my hunts for 40 yrs around that pitfall.
On a positive note my eldest daughter has teamed up with a young fellow from back east that was raised around hunting and he's chopping at the bit to start up again so it ill be a week of blackbear hunting this spring for them and myself/possibly one of sons will come along as well
looking forward to some back country camping and reduceing the stock of bears up around Bonaparte lk.

takla

gunpower
01-16-2016, 12:25 PM
I have all the time in the world - retired- but the wife don't eat it so I just go out with my son and grandsons, just to get out of the house.

tomahawk
01-16-2016, 01:23 PM
Retired and have 4 new seasons instead of the traditional spring, summer etc.

My new seasons for the last 8 yrs are riding my hog, fishing the west coast of VI and Nanaimo, hunting anywhere in BC and heading south to AZ. I'm blessed to have these choices now so its whatever I want to do.

caddisguy
01-17-2016, 01:53 PM
Last week of April until June 15th (or until we have a bear or two down, which ever comes first) we'll be hunting primarily on weekends... maybe a couple of those weekends will have an extra day added.

Similar deal for the fall. Once September hits, hunting primarily weekends, but with an extra day or two attached to some of those weekends. A full week off in October for an out of town trip, then back to 2-4 day trips on the weekends for the rest of GOS :)

Walkingwithbous
01-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Well going to quit my job in mid July and scout out sheep spots! My hitlist is my first sheep, goat and moose this year. Buying a camper and living on the road for a few months... Lived out of the back of my truck this entire season... Hunted about 4 months straight last year. The joys of being young and no commitments

Daybreak
01-20-2016, 04:52 PM
A little surprised by the results so far. More people with unlimited time or a month or more than I would have expected. Good to see though. Who's willing to donate a few days or cover for the one unfortunate guy/gal with no time?