PDA

View Full Version : Lion that trekked 450 miles to Mont. killed by hunter

Ohwildwon
01-13-2016, 09:04 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/01/13/lion-trekked-miles-mont-killed-hunter/78756262/

Unable to find the thread started on this Lion, journey has ended...

Spy
01-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Maybe trying to get away from wolves?

Bugle M In
01-13-2016, 11:50 PM
Great post!....amazing to hear how far they travel.....wow, I never would have thought that!!!
Makes me wonder about all this collaring going on??
Not only this, but I seen a few studies from sheep around Radium, and maps where they travel etc.
Now I am wondering, where can someone find all these studies???
I have checked on the internet, but never found much as far as BC studies of different species....just a few.
I'd like to know about all the elk they collared over the years in different places and what they found.
Or say, Mule Deer, and some of those collared studies....I am sure there has got to be some out there somewhere??
Anyways....good read...thanks

Carrollizer
01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Just wait until the bleeding hearts get a load of this story.
"Oh my god, it traveled so far and some asshole hunter shot and killed it, hunting is bad!"

Pretty interesting that that cougar traveled so far, maybe it was bored and wanted to do some travelling. I wonder if border patrol asked for Sandy's passport, and reason for entering the USA

wideopenthrottle
01-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Just wait until the bleeding hearts get a load of this story.
"Oh my god, it traveled so far and some asshole hunter shot and killed it, hunting is bad!"

Pretty interesting that that cougar traveled so far, maybe it was bored and wanted to do some travelling. I wonder if border patrol asked for Sandy's passport, and reason for entering the USA

not likely...they would have asked her about past drug use and refused her....the peeps that tranquilized her got her hooked on the stuff..too bad really

MB_Boy
01-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I will see if I can find the info my Dad sent me about a wolf they collared in MB and it's ridiculous amount of travel in a relatively short period of time.

gamehunter6o
01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Maybe trying to get away from wolves?
Just trying to get away from Cranbrook.