PDA

View Full Version : A committed hunter

Brez
01-12-2016, 09:18 PM
I sure wish that I had this guy's commitment. A dream . Maybe someday...
really good little video.

https://huntervids.com/videos/twisted-stave-media-untamed-a-traditional-bowhunting-film/

4 point
01-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Cool video!

RustyBrit
01-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Very well done video. If that guy made shows on Wild it would sure change the game. Great video and narration. Not too "preachy" either.

01-13-2016, 09:43 PM
wow, that does put a lot of Wild TV to SHAME, congrats to those responsible to make this production.

Fred1
01-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Great stuff!

greybark
01-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Athough I didn`t make my own bows I was fortunate to experience many such hunts . With modern and traditional bows most hunts were solo and up to two weeks on foot and on horseback chasing Elk , Moose , Caribou , Goat, Bear , Blacktail and Whitetailed Deer and Antelope . It is as described in this movie with only the differences each hunt provides as to you and your game .
Quite a few years back hunting consisted of you , your weapon and woodsmanship . With hunting evolved as it is now , a segment of present hunters lack in woodsmanship and instead rely on long range shooting , baiting and trail cameras . It is the closeness of woodsmanship that provides an extra degree of inner satisfaction of an outing successful or other wise .
Most of my hunts have come to a close now but the 3_D circuit refreshes this old soul and brings back the "back when " times that my peers heard of so often and feign interest LOL .
Cheers

blackbart
01-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Well done sir.

nicktrehearne
01-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Great video!

Clint_S
01-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the link, that was enjoyable.

bluesman
05-13-2016, 10:36 PM
that was a great video...hunting close..awesome...selfbow great stuff. Just as this great video says...you appreciate nature when your that close. Having an animal come in real close and still not get the shot...happens alot with bowhunting....Made a few selfbows myself ..enjoy them. Couldn't agree with you more GREYBARK. I know some guys don't have the time to commit the practice for primitive weapons or traditional bows due to other commitments but sure agree with the getting close to appreciate nature and use woodsmanship instead of the new technologies.

Thanks for sharing this great video.....wish more hunters would hunt this way !!!!