PDA

View Full Version : Not to be greedy, small bear down.

rollingrock
05-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Took my wife and kid out camping today. Brought two rifles with me just in case. We left town around 4pm. By 8pm we hit an area with lots of greenie on both sides of the road. I started paying attention to the sides of the road. Instantly I saw a small bear pop his head out with nice hide . I didn't stop. Kept the truck moving for about 100yards and stopped. I asked my wife "what you think? But I really wanna get a big one." She said "Don't be greedy. Take this one first, the second one is always bigger. "

So I grabbed my SKS, kept another one for big one.:lol: I got off the road and stalked for about 150 yards into the bush beside the road and got to 15 yards from the bear. One shot broke his spine and another shot put him down for good. A small 2 year old boy. Then I saw 4 more bears. But all were about the same size as my boy, which made me feel better.:lol: I'll go grab another tag tomorrow and hopefully get a bigger one next.

Just found out that I didn't bring the DC's USB cable. Beautiful scene and beautiful girls here! :)