PDA

View Full Version : 6-03b Grizz draw info

kloosterboer
01-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Hey there

A buddy and I are thinking of putting in for a spring Grizzly tag in 6-03b but don't have a ton of info on the area. Our plan would be to launch a boat in Kitamat and hunt the tidal flats in the area. We figured on it being probably a 10day- 2 week hunt. We were wondering what time to go on the hunt would be the best, what kind of conditions to expect on the water Any info or recommendations on the area would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan

srupp
01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Hmm general rule for coastal grizz. May 5 here in the central coast..Bella Coola..Kwatna..etc..add a few days for being north more..
However..cold weather. .has not been cold winter..yet..snow fall..been lower than normal..so far.
Then what the spring does..warm up and stay warm?
First out are the older male bears. .experienced in den making do when they come out of hibernation they can hit the skunk cabbage and fiddle heads. .get that plug removed..then they are literally dying..the suspebded like winter hibernation is over their system kicks in so they head to the grocery store..
Early is good for biggest boars. .lack of leaves sprouting makes spotting easier. .coats are primo..smaller boars..more inexperienced and sows are still denned..less bears but easier making the decision..
Downside..spend 10 days 5 days too early..nothing moving...great boat ride..

However surprisingly consistant over 4 decades...imo..too be sure? Feel lucky ? May 20th..ish..
Good luck
Srupp

Alfonz
01-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Hey there

A buddy and I are thinking of putting in for a spring Grizzly tag in 6-03b but don't have a ton of info on the area. Our plan would be to launch a boat in Kitamat and hunt the tidal flats in the area. We figured on it being probably a 10day- 2 week hunt. We were wondering what time to go on the hunt would be the best, what kind of conditions to expect on the water Any info or recommendations on the area would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan

I have hunted out of there lots years go and took a boat out of Kitimat. Get the draw and PM me!

Al