PDA

View Full Version : 2 people tried to break into my car while i was hunting!

Wildfoot
05-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Was out bear hunting today.. Im sittin in a spot on top of a hill overlooking a nice grassy clearing and the logging road my vehicle is parked at. within 30 minutes of sittin down and getting comfy, a suv pulls up to my van and the 2 guys get out and try and open all my doors. they then walked up and down the road lookin for me (luckily i was in camo and they didnt see me).. 20 mins later a green truck pulls up and the guys do the same thing to the door handles. Im sittin there watchin them do it haha. They didnt get in and didnt break anything so i just packed my stuff up and left when they were gone. at the highway turnoff there was some dude with a pistol tucked into the back of his pants and he was holdin a rotty just standin there. i drove by 30 mins later and he was still there! haha i think i might have stumbled on some shit goin down.

270WIN
05-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Was out bear hunting today.. Im sittin in a spot on top of a hill overlooking a nice grassy clearing and the logging road my vehicle is parked at. within 30 minutes of sittin down and getting comfy, a suv pulls up to my van and the 2 guys get out and try and open all my doors. they then walked up and down the road lookin for me (luckily i was in camo and they didnt see me).. 20 mins later a green truck pulls up and the guys do the same thing to the door handles. Im sittin there watchin them do it haha. They didnt get in and didnt break anything so i just packed my stuff up and left when they were gone. at the highway turnoff there was some dude with a pistol tucked into the back of his pants and he was holdin a rotty just standin there. i drove by 30 mins later and he was still there! haha i think i might have stumbled on some shit goin down.

just wondering were you were hunting so i can avoid that area

Bow Walker
05-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Sounds like an anonymous call to the polizei is in order.

Steeleco
05-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Let's just say I once watched a guy on a dirt bike do the same thing to me, a ways in behind Mission. OH did I mention I used my scope 8)8)
Good thing he was just being nosey!

ruger#1
05-19-2007, 08:52 PM
If you were up the chilliwack lake way the natives are kicking all the partiers out of there.

Steeleco
05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
If you were up the chilliwack lake way the natives are kicking all the partiers out of there.

Good for them!!! someone with cahunas!!!

happygilmore
05-20-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd have let fly with a warning shot in that general vicinity. Might make them think twice next time.

Tanya
05-20-2007, 07:07 AM
I would avoid the area if I were you. That is too many people doing the same thing. It growing time for the pot guys, and they are very protective of their sites. We have had incidents on the Island here of people accidently showing up in the wrong locations in logging divisions, some never re-appeared. We also have found small plantations in progress right on our farm. I'd stay clear and report the suspicious behavior to authorities.

Chuck
05-20-2007, 10:10 AM
I would avoid the area if I were you. That is too many people doing the same thing. It growing time for the pot guys, and they are very protective of their sites. We have had incidents on the Island here of people accidently showing up in the wrong locations in logging divisions, some never re-appeared. We also have found small plantations in progress right on our farm. I'd stay clear and report the suspicious behavior to authorities.

Very good advice imo!

Wildfoot
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
just for everyone's info. this happened at Mount Kobau in 8-1 (I think..?)

I would have given a warning shot if they got in the vehicle.. and if I had a rifle with me lol. I dont think the warning shot from my bow would be as dramatic.

I have since found a spot that has seen 0 traffic in the last week.. im stoked. Good elk, deer and bear!

Bow Walker
05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
A warnng shot from your bow might have been just the thinghttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_30.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

JoshLedoux
05-22-2007, 10:05 PM
warnings are just that.... a warning. Leave no witnesses

bsa30-06
05-23-2007, 07:27 PM

IF it was them it still gives them no right to be trying to open somebodies vehicle, thats a good way to get yourself hurt.

BCLongshot
05-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I would be out to get anyone pokin' around my vehicle !

Slingshots are awesome.

Kechika
05-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I have a couple of high hoe's.I can dig a deep hole fast.:wink:

Mr. Dean
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I have a couple of high hoe's.I can dig a deep hole fast.:wink:

I'll be remembering this...