PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing around Castlegar

white moose
01-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Was wondering what lakes a guy could ice fish around Castlegar? Saw nancy greene. Anybody fished this year?

happyhunter
01-10-2016, 11:09 AM
I fished Nancy green once. The fish we caught were basically fry. I believe it is stocked but I don't think it is very productive. I have heard it gets winter killed to. When I was out there I wanted to try champion lakes. Never made it out there though.

bruteforce17
01-10-2016, 11:19 AM
I've been trying to find some lakes to ice fish around castlegar as well. I went out to summit lake by nakusp a couple days ago and caught a couple around 1.5lbs but thats a bit of a drive.

Brez
01-10-2016, 12:10 PM
You could try the main Champion Lake. It's a bit of a hike ( a km or so). There is Erie Lake towards Salmo for bass perch, rainbows and brookies. Rosebud lake produces larger rainbows and it's near the US border past "Salmo.

hardcore69
01-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Talk to leno Grifone. He is the local Taxidermist and knows all the lakes.

WKCotts
01-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Summit or Box up by Nakusp

Erie or Rosebud over by Salmo

Always good river fishing in the Columbia

Brez
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
If you want to talk to one of the resident fishing experts, talk to Rod Zavaduk at Castlegar sports, across from Canadians Tire.
The lakes we have mentioned are pretty much the only ones to ice fish that are less than an hour (Box and Summit are more) and road accessed.