PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing rod limit

tenrag
01-09-2016, 12:00 AM
So the fishing regs say if fishing in a boat alone you can use two rods BUT if fishing on ice does the same rule apply.

Jagermeister
01-09-2016, 12:19 AM
That's a question that I have asked myself a few times. It seems that the answer would be no. How many rods can you fish at a time standing on the shore.? One. I suppose you could drag a sled out in fish two rods while you're sitting in that.

Fisher-Dude
01-09-2016, 12:42 AM
One. That's it, and there's no getting around it by trying to be "inventive."

Cyrus
01-09-2016, 07:46 AM
drag a boat on the ice....

Skull Hunter
01-09-2016, 09:20 AM
drag a boat on the ice....

yep, drag an old canoe, or a cheap walmart inflatable kids boat out there and sit on that...

Not to highjack, but in my area you can set line. So another question is, can you have a set line out and regularly ice fish a different hole? Does it matter if it's the same water body, a different water body?

lovemywinchester
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM
One. That's it, and there's no getting around it by trying to be "inventive."

Agreed. One is all you can have. My buddy was fined a few years ago for this. $150.

Pacemaker
01-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Exactly as FD and LMW say, one line is all you are allowed. No getting around it.

sthdslayer
01-09-2016, 10:51 AM
From the regs
ice fish … with one line and one lure,artificial fly or other terminal attractor.It is your legal responsibility to warnother people of the existence of your icehole and remove your ice hut before icebreakup

Fisher-Dude
01-09-2016, 12:26 PM
yep, drag an old canoe, or a cheap walmart inflatable kids boat out there and sit on that...

Not to highjack, but in my area you can set line. So another question is, can you have a set line out and regularly ice fish a different hole? Does it matter if it's the same water body, a different water body?

No, and no.

Sitting in a boat fishing through a hole in the ice is ice fishing. Only one line allowed.

How many set lines are you allowed? One.

set line … you may only fish with a set line
(an unattended line) in lakes of Region 6
& in lakes of Zone A of Region 7. You are
allowed to use only one line with one hook
(no smaller than 3 cm from point to shank
- see below). Any game fish that you
catch other than burbot must be released.
Set lines must be marked with angler’s
name, address and telephone number.

okas
01-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Had friend up in the winter RUTH LAKE all the kids out on the lake drilling holes having fun . The oldest 10 years old .I looked out the window the CO was out there $760.00 in fines ho ho ho
he is retired now when i see him in the cafe shop i make a point of stopping in and he is out of there asp.

tuner
01-09-2016, 02:35 PM
The CO's should try and enforce the "no ice fishing" rule for the Kane lakes, driving the Kane valley Rd. After the holidays there were people ice fishing every single lake,I don't think there was any malice in it, I just think people are unaware that those lakes are closed for ice fishing, maybe some prominently placed signs at the road entrances might help.

Ambush
01-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I am allowed to have one set line, legally marked with my name, etc. But I also beleive I can can fish one attended line as well. I often set a ling line in another area of the lake, while I'm fishing, and pick it up end of the day or the next day.

BigfishCanada
01-09-2016, 03:17 PM
one rod people,

Mulehahn
01-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Had friend up in the winter RUTH LAKE all the kids out on the lake drilling holes having fun . The oldest 10 years old .I looked out the window the CO was out there $760.00 in fines ho ho ho
he is retired now when i see him in the cafe shop i make a point of stopping in and he is out of there asp.

Just out of curiosity, what were the fines for? Not marking there holes? I will often drill a whole bunch of holes in the area I want to fish then once, That way I get all the hard work out of the way and I can just fish.

Sofa King
01-09-2016, 03:25 PM
The CO's should try and enforce the "no ice fishing" rule for the Kane lakes, driving the Kane valley Rd. After the holidays there were people ice fishing every single lake,I don't think there was any malice in it, I just think people are unaware that those lakes are closed for ice fishing, maybe some prominently placed signs at the road entrances might help.

very true.
bc in general could use better signage in evry regard in the backroads in general.
espoecially in well-used, easy-access areas.
kinda surprised, as that is actually one of the very few areas the local CO actually can be found.
seen him just randomly pull vehicles over on the kane road.

BigfishCanada
01-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, what were the fines for? Not marking there holes? I will often drill a whole bunch of holes in the area I want to fish then once, That way I get all the hard work out of the way and I can just fish.

I dont know what the fine is but if you dont clearly mark your hole when you leave it you should be fined, also if the hole is large and left you should be fined and your ass kicked. Saw an old man fall in a hole a few years back

two-feet
01-11-2016, 07:11 AM
There is a proposed regulation change that would allow 2 lines per lisence holder while ice fishing.