PDA

View Full Version : !! WSSBC Hunt of a Lifetime tickets are now available for 2016 !!

WSSOBC
01-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Hunt of a Lifetime 2016 Ticket are available

The WSSBC is please to open ticket sales for this year’s Hunt of a Lifetime Raffle! This year’s will again be a chance to hunt Roosevelt Elk in one of the premier hunting areas in the province with Brad Lister and Coastal Inlet Adventures! The second prize, a custom HS Precision 22-250 and Swarovski scope, has been generously donated by Mitch Kendall of Kendall industries and our third prize is a 2 day fishing trip with Matt Olcen and Westcoast Fishing Expeditions on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Tickets can be ordered online at www.wildsheepsociety.com (http://www.wildsheepsociety.com) or by visiting one of these retail locations:

River Sportsman – Campbell River
Island Outfitters – Victoria
Italian Sporting Goods – Vancouver
Backcountry Sports – Fort St John
Corlanes Sporting Goods – Dawson Creek
Nechako Outdoors – Vanderhoof
Grouse River Outfitters - Kelowna

Last year’s draw not only produced a great bull but we were able to generate just over $30,000 in profit which was completely dedicated to a habitat restoration project designed to save a historically great but currently failing sheep herd. We will be releasing details on this project as soon as the consultation process is complete.
We are hoping this year’s Hunt of a Lifetime Raffle will be even bigger with your support. Together we can “Put more sheep on the mountain”!

Good luck!

WSSBC Directors

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/bruin_photo/HOL%20Poster%20High%20Def_zpsjixhxnma.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/bruin_photo/media/HOL%20Poster%20High%20Def_zpsjixhxnma.jpg.html)

wicket
01-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Too bad you have to be a BC resident to buy a ticket, super cause and really great prizes.........kinda stinks.

StoneHorse
01-08-2016, 04:50 PM
What? Two ticket minimum when ordering online and no Interact option.

WSSOBC
01-09-2016, 12:17 AM
Too bad you have to be a BC resident to buy a ticket, super cause and really great prizes.........kinda stinks.

You don't need to be a resident but you do have to be in BC to purchase tickets.

WSSOBC
01-09-2016, 12:19 AM
You don't need to be a resident but you do have to be in BC to purchase tickets.

Tickets can be picked up (with no minimum order) at:

We will also be attending the BC Boat and Sportsman Show the first weekend in March and selling remaining tickets at the Convention and Fundraiser March 11 and 12 in Kamloops.

Foxtail
01-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Will you guys be at the Abby indoor 3d again?

riflebuilder
01-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Too bad you have to be a BC resident to buy a ticket, super cause and really great prizes.........kinda stinks. You can buy a ticket to support the cause and then give the hunt away to some one young who you will ruin by letting them shoot a big Rosie!!!!... no seriously you could just take 2nd prize instead.

wicket
01-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Tickets can be picked up (with no minimum order) at:

We will also be attending the BC Boat and Sportsman Show the first weekend in March and selling remaining tickets at the Convention and Fundraiser March 11 and 12 in Kamloops.

i see i misinterpreted that from the website. So my brother who is a BC resident could purchase tickets for me from his address online, (he kinda lives in the weeds and cant get to a retailer) with my info from Ontario?

thanks
Doug

wicket
01-09-2016, 09:59 AM
sorry just read the FAQ section and there is no 3rd party purchases. Must be a bc lottery thing with being in the province which pretty much does limit it to residents only for those of us living across the country with no travel plans in the immediate future. Still stinks but I hope you make a tonne of money from it.
Thanks
Wicket

Rhyno
01-09-2016, 01:47 PM

This was a show stopper for me as well!

01-09-2016, 01:55 PM
This is a great thing for BC Wild Sheep !

if that's the Rosie that was taken by last years winner what a Beast ! And by the looks of it with a black powder rifle too.

CT

StoneHorse
01-17-2016, 09:40 AM
The company sent me into Vancouver on business so I took that opportunity to stop in at Italian sports and purchased one ticket. :cool:

New Bow Hunter
01-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Picked mine up at Island Outfitters today

boxhitch
02-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Still time to buy for Valentines Day !
Won't she be surprised

t-rexer
02-01-2016, 12:37 PM
.22-250
just a varmit gun? Can you hunt deer or sheep with it?

Sharpish
02-01-2016, 06:07 PM
.22-250
just a varmit gun? Can you hunt deer or sheep with it?

You could, it's fast and flat, but might be a tad underpowered. Really nice gun though, $4k US. You could sell it and buy something really nice. I was thinking sako carbon light and mount the swaro scope.

WSSOBC
02-01-2016, 10:17 PM
News Release: Ashnola Burn Funding Committed
February 1, 2016

The WSSBC is pleased to announce that we have committed $30,000 to the proposed ecosystem restoration (ER) burn in the Ashnola River Valley to benefit California Bighorn Sheep. The funds coming directly from WSSBC’s 2015 Hunt of a Lifetime Raffle.
The Ashnola bighorns have historically been a vibrant mainstay in the South Okanagan, enough so that they have been the source of several successful transplants including Okanagan Mountain Park near Kelowna in 2007, the South Okanagan during the 2000 die-off, the Gilpen Herd in Grand Forks as well as several transplants into the United States. They’ve also supported a limited hunting season for all user groups for many years. Since the early 2000’s wildlife managers have documented a decline of more than 75% in the Ashnola population. Specific causes of the declines are unknown but disease, forest ingrowth, habitat deterioration and predation may all be contributing.
It has been a long process to reach the point of announcing this project and the first match is certainly not lit but the timeline is targeting spring of 2016. The goal of the burn is to rehabilitate key habitat in order to improve lamb recruitment and adult survival. The site provides known travel and foraging sites used by the Ashnola bighorns with few commercial and industrial activities. Hopefully this burn will help return the site to a grassland ecosystem and Okanagan biologists from the Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) are considering this burn to be one of their highest regional priorities.
The proposed ER site is located on the west side of the Ashnola River between Crater and Redbridge Creek. The ER burn will focus on the east aspect, open forested slopes. A detailed map of the proposed area is included for reference. The total size of the proposed site is approximately 600 hectares.
Our funds for this project were a direct result of WSSBC’s 2015 Hunt of a Lifetime Raffle. Looking forward the Board of Directors hopes to build on the success of this raffle program, offering more hunting opportunities and generating more funds for habitat enhancement province wide. We look forward to updating our members with news on this project as the winter progresses.
We would like to acknowledge and extend our thanks to the rest of the stakeholder groups and government ministries involved in this process including the Lower Similkameen First Nations, BC Wildlife Federation, Ashnola Guide Outfitters and BC FLRNO staff from Wildfire Management Branch and the Okanagan Wildlife Branch.

Yours in conservation,

WSSBC Board of Directors

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/bruin_photo/Ashnola%20Burn_zpscrxvx0om.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/bruin_photo/media/Ashnola%20Burn_zpscrxvx0om.jpg.html)

OutWest
02-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to this one! Great work to everyone who helped get this project off the ground.

one-shot-wonder
02-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Great to see the support for a great cause! Light 'er up!

Weatherby Fan
02-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Bought 5 tickets yesterday, supporting a great cause !

Airedale
02-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Check out the awesome Rosie pics on Coastal Inlets web site...

http://blackbearhuntingcanadabc.com/bc-roosevelt-elk-hunting-british-columbia-canada.htm

Sinperama
02-03-2016, 09:53 PM
How can one check how many tickets have been sold?

huntaholic
02-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Why would you want too? It's all about conservation, odds are great.Just about sold out in 2015, for the betterment of sheep enhancement let's hope it does sell out this year

tufferthandug
02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
This is one of my favorite lotteries! Awesome cause and awesome prizes!

WSSOBC
02-17-2016, 08:40 PM
We are in our last month of sales. Bump this back up, tell your friends, visit our site, spread the word! These funds are going to on the ground projects in BC! Oh yeah, and you could win a killer hunt, rifle or fishing trip! Order tickets online at www.wildsheepsociety.com (http://www.wildsheepsociety.com) or visit one of our supporting retailers.

Grouse River Outfitters – Kelowna

And recently at:

Westside Sports - Salmon Arm

Weatherby Fan
02-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Received my 5 tickets in the mail today thank you.

REMINGTON JIM
02-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Received my 5 tickets in the mail today thank you.

Kool i will be your gun bearer ! It will ba honour to pack your chosen Weatherby ! lol RJ

Tuffcity
02-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Island Outfitters has them in Victoria also.

REMINGTON JIM
02-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Got 3 Tickets today ! :wink: RJ

Frosty
02-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Hey there WSSOBC, I ve got my tickets again this year, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if the hunt was successful last year?......thanks

WSSOBC
02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Frosty, last year's hunter got a beautiful bull and was really happy with the hunt. He said they got in to some remote country that didn't get hunted very much, they worked for it but was well rewarded! Here's a few pictures from his hunt.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/bruin_photo/Rich%20Sellers%202015%202_zpsve6fympc.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/bruin_photo/media/Rich%20Sellers%202015%202_zpsve6fympc.jpg.html)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/bruin_photo/Rich%20Sellers%20valley_zpsuv18hmja.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/bruin_photo/media/Rich%20Sellers%20valley_zpsuv18hmja.jpg.html)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/bruin_photo/Rich%20Sellers%20Boat_zpsvoj2oyyp.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/bruin_photo/media/Rich%20Sellers%20Boat_zpsvoj2oyyp.jpg.html)

REMINGTON JIM
02-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Beauty Bull - can't wait till i win that hunt and go get a dandy bull like that one ! :wink: RJ

wideopenthrottle
02-19-2016, 02:34 PM
I am trying to order online but there is a question about "I have read and understand the rules of play" cant seem to find those "rules of play"

Trailblazer
02-19-2016, 02:39 PM
What a beautiful dream!

WSSOBC
02-19-2016, 09:40 PM
I am trying to order online but there is a question about "I have read and understand the rules of play" cant seem to find those "rules of play"

Should read as "The rules of play", it will be fixed!

https://wildsheepsociety.com/hunt-of-a-lifetime/hol-faq/

wideopenthrottle
02-20-2016, 11:29 AM
just make it a link to it with a title of the same...i think you are referring to the faq page but if you made the checkbox question have a link to "the rules of play" then it will be easier to ensure that they have been read

WSSOBC
02-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Two weeks left! Get your tickets!

https://wildsheepsociety.com/hunt-of-a-lifetime/

Bear Brawler
02-26-2016, 08:08 PM
I bought 5!!

WSSOBC
03-02-2016, 12:36 PM
online ticket orders close monday march 7 th!!!

bcshadow
03-02-2016, 05:58 PM
I just bought one ticket online, and received email confirmation..........

03-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone, just a reminder to SUPPORT this draw. Monies raised goes back to help put more sheep on the mountains !

They had some at Tradex Sportsman show Friday

CT

Camp Cook
03-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Just bought 2 tickets online 5 min ago tried buying them at the show on Friday but the booth was busy when I went by.

REMINGTON JIM
03-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Just bought 2 tickets online 5 min ago tried buying them at the show on Friday but the booth was busy when I went by.

Hey Buddy u just wasted your $40.00 I and WF have already WON ! O wait a minute the fishing trip can be yours ! :wink: Cheers RJ

Camp Cook
03-07-2016, 06:24 AM
No worries RJ your safe = I won their quad draw back in 2005.

My luck isn't so good that I will ever win anything again.

So I'm really just supporting the WSSBC.

Knute
03-07-2016, 07:41 AM
I hope you guys like rifles and fishing trips because I just bought the grand prize ticket and a spare just for the cause. ;)

xfactor
03-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Just bought my 5 tickets...here's hoping! Regardless it's a great cause!!

bruin
03-07-2016, 12:57 PM
This is it! ONLINE TICKET ORDERS CLOSE TODAY at 5:00 pm.

REMINGTON JIM
03-07-2016, 08:00 PM
No worries RJ your safe = I won their quad draw back in 2005.

My luck isn't so good that I will ever win anything again.

So I'm really just supporting the WSSBC.

That was a NICE prize for sure too ! WF & RJ are gonna be there in the front row for the Elk hunt and the Rifle ! ;) LOL RJ

wideopenthrottle
03-08-2016, 08:02 AM
was getting worried but my 3 tickets arrived yesterday....3 prizes so 3 tickets..got them all covered

WSSOBC
03-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Congratulations to WSSBC Hunt of a Lifetime Winners 2016!

Prize #1 – Guided Roosevelt Elk Hunt – Craig Stolle, Campbell River, BC
Prized #2 – Custom .22-250 Rifle – Troy Weaver, Chetwyn, BC
Prize #3 – 2 day fishing trip for 4 – Jeff Glaicar, Kamloops, BC

Thank you to our prize donors:

Brad Lister - Coastal Inlet Adventures
Mitch Kendal – Kendal Industries
Matt Olcen - Westcoast Fishing Expeditions

Also, thank you to our ticket vendors:

Grouse River Outfitters – Kelowna
Westside Stores – Salmon Arm

Look for ticket sales beginning again in fall 2016!