PDA

View Full Version : Late shooting??

luvnlife
01-06-2016, 01:09 AM
So i've been hunting South Delta a lot lately and each time I'm hearing lots of shots well past the 30 minute post sunset mark. I get there being differences by a few minutes or so on everyone's device/watch/phone, but we packed up, walked back and still heard shots at the vehicle 20 minutes later. Am I missing something? You guys hearing this too?

scotty30-06
01-06-2016, 02:40 AM
Yea my parents place is down there and you hear some very late shots going off....some so late I don't even know how they could see the bird

bigredchev
01-06-2016, 06:35 AM
Usually the "new canadian" hunters who also think swans and seagull are ok to sky bust at. Do your job and call the rapp

Big Lew
01-06-2016, 07:12 AM
"Do your job and call the rapp"
I agree, especially in that area. The 'anti's' and local people wanting hunting banned
throughout the foreshore don't need something like that to point their finger at.

M.Dean
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Welcome to HBC Luvnlife! Well around here we'd hunt them heathen dog's down and rip off there arms and beat them with there own severed limb's, but, hey, that's us, and we ain't normal so to speak round here all the time, anyhow! So my second helpful hint would be to try and find out where they park and get the plate number, then phone Five O!

01-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Thats not the only place, Barnston Island they shoot any time of night ........... the untouchables of our population .......

One law for all ! Sickening, yet our New PM wants to give give and give them more more and more.

CT

Hublocker
01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Well before shooting legal time in the morning too from what I've heard.

fowl language
01-06-2016, 12:17 PM
I understand the co,s laid 9 charges in the last 2 weeks mostly late shooting. over the holiday,s I have heard shooting at 20 after nine around here. I came from the direction where there is non regulated hunting allowed. not sure if there is much that can be done about it.

FirePower
01-06-2016, 12:39 PM
I understand the co,s laid 9 charges in the last 2 weeks mostly late shooting. over the holiday,s I have heard shooting at 20 after nine around here. I came from the direction where there is non regulated hunting allowed. not sure if there is much that can be done about it.

Good news indeed Mr. Language. Any shooting, whether it be pit lamping or simply late shooting, when you have no idea what your target actually is or what lies beyond it is dangerous use of a firearm and should be charged as such.

luvnlife
01-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks M. Dean, been watching/reading for quite awhile, figured it was time to join. Also Bigredchev and Big Lew, there wasn't anyone around I could see, unfortunately these were muffled shots way off in the distance. We were all alone. 'Seeing' it happen close and 'hearing' it distantly are much different. It'd be sad to lose hunting in that area due to guys not willing to wait/stop over 15-20 mins.

NorthShoreX
01-29-2016, 06:22 PM
The Vancouver Sun did an article on this today, Friday January 29th.

Busterbrown
01-29-2016, 06:34 PM
I love the comment from the reporter that they were headed into the " killing fields of South Delta" what a pile of garbage. Good on the hunters who had set their alarms for legal shooting time. Well done guys

NorthShoreX
01-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Don't forget the mention of the Officers 40 cal Glock, not sure why that need to be mentioned.

Marsh Hawk
01-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately this particular reporter tends to look for the sensational. He didn't think to ask for comment from anyone in the BCWF even while he is friends with a member of the Lower Mainland Region board. No look to Delta's Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee either. I've been on the committee over 20 years and would gladly given our 2 cents. Don't mention anything about the light pollution and that the birds move much later now. Get the sensational crap for the headline and only give SOME of the facts. Shoddy reporting but it sells papers I guess. Must have been a slow news week

Malley Whacker
01-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Another poorly written story Larry Pynn rides around with the co service for one evening and he is an expert on hunting . Please he does not know the difference between hunters and poachers. Only hunters were checked not poachers.