PDA

View Full Version : thought I was getting fat.

walks with deer
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Tried on multiple of my shirts.

Wouldn't fit asked wife did I get fat she says no.
went on scale up maybe 5lbs wtf why won't my close fit.

Apparently after 15months of working less eating better and interior sun you can grow after thirty.

Measured today I am 1.5 inches taller.

Anybody else experience this.

Sofa King
01-04-2016, 11:55 PM
as far as clothes that used to fit not fitting suddenly, yup.
got lots, even barely worn that just don't fit.
i never, ever step on a scale though.
that's a viscious game.
if i feel good and am energetic, then i'm all good.
i was down in activity severely for the year and a half or so before this last one, so definitely fell way out of shape.
but felt great and rejuvenated this year and got back to hiking like i used to and am definitely feeling way better and some of those clothes, some, are getting close.

taller though, i don't believe so, but then, i don't check that either.

walks with deer
01-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Google search says right combo and growth hormones comback.
worked really hard from 16-30 decided to work less to be a good dad and I guess I am sprouting.

I didn't believe it either but my check research say eating a lot of fish adds to it and I will tell you living in kamloops I eat a lot of fish.

walks with deer
01-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Mostly out of tailing ponds covered in arsenic that is of course.

Glenny
01-05-2016, 02:50 AM
Why not. When I moved from Kammy area to this cesspool I got older, dummer and a little uglier on the the side.:roll:

IronNoggin
01-05-2016, 04:40 AM
... taller though, but then, i don't check that either.

http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gif

hunter1947
01-05-2016, 06:14 AM
The only thing I have experienced in the past few years is that I am shrinking and its harder to keep the fat off me..

butthead
01-05-2016, 08:10 AM
wait till you hit 55
explosion in the mid section

Wagonmaster
01-05-2016, 12:38 PM
A much more distressing problem is that as we get older, our wives get fatter.

ruger#1
01-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Shut up you guys. I have both of those problems. Must be why I keep checking out Russian Brides.

Xenomorph
01-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Shut up you guys. I have both of those problems. Must be why I keep checking out Russian Brides.

"Brave man he was ...not very smart, but BRAVE MAN HE WAS! "

That's your tombstone right there. Sheesh!

Barracuda
01-05-2016, 02:19 PM
my wife is even more beautiful then the day I met her.

she is standing behind me

all kidding aside she actually is more beautiful

ACE
01-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Some casual reading ......
'Wheat Belly' ............ William Davis, MD
ISBN 978-1-44341-273-5

skibum
01-05-2016, 02:55 PM
ya, after I started working out - this included stretching. But not 1.5 inches

Xenomorph
01-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Some casual reading ......
'Wheat Belly' ............ William Davis, MD
ISBN 978-1-44341-273-5

I'd also add to that Dr. Jay Wortman. Look him up on youtube, he's done a couple year long study with the Haida Gwaii nation. Awesome results. I dropped 50lbs last year from switching my diet to meat, fat (BACON!... BACON! ...did I say BACON?!?) and vegetables.

For almost a year I was almost no bread, pasta, rice ...all leafy greens and fresh vegetables. I swear, it works. True, I hunted like a nutcase, but the eating makes 90% of your workout

270ruger
01-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Wheat belly is a good read.quit eating gluten,carbs,root vegetables,fruit dropped 50lbs in four months

Rob Chipman
01-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I started getting a paunch. Heard Tim Ferriss say "stop eating anything white or anything that can be turned white". Simple instructions work good for me. No bread. No pasta. Etc. Plus, freezer full of meat. I'll probably die younger from eating so much awesome free range organic protein, but I'm going leave them a lean mean corpse to burn...

Buckmeister
01-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Spend much time in a zero gravity environment lately? Lol, heard somewhere that if we spent our whole life without gravity we would be about 3" taller.

Jelvis
01-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Hershel Walker a running back in the NFL did 2000 cmbined sit ups, push ups a day. Working out is good for muscles and cardio but cardio is very important.
Eating lil less and not after supper will get you down in weight. The secret don't eat solids after 6 pm. Move move move your body keep the engine hot at least warm.
Jelly -- No eating after 6 at night -- you will be on your way to perfection

campking
01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
I was diagnosed with carpenters disease when I was around 50 and apparently almost all men come down with this disease.

What is carpenters disease you ask, it is when your chest falls to your drawers!

ajr5406
01-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Measuring yourself in the morning can account for some increase in height, up to 1-1.5cms. Intervertebral discs are fully hydrated in the morning after 8 hours of no weight bearing. Just make sure you don't have feet or hands that are growing - may be a sign of a pituitary tumour.

Jelvis
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM
You way less in the mornings why is that? You were not running while you sleep.
Fluids in the body are heavy. Water is your friend.
--- Do morning warm ups. git yer bunz outta bed. Then do more movement during the daay and in the evening while watching stuff on tv otr listening to some good music beaats.
Jelly Fish

ruger#1
01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
--- Do morning warm ups. git yer bunz outta bed. Then do more movement during the daay and in the evening while watching stuff on tv otr listening to some good music beaats.
Jelly Fish

You took a crap before you went to bed.

Jelvis
01-06-2016, 09:55 AM
A person should be dumping about the same time each day if your regular.
I have a bowel movement in the morning just after waking up. A good sized one roog lol
A routine without too much pooteen
Jelly Ray Shiras -- measure your progress by inches not by weight applegate --

ACE
01-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Choose vegetables with a low 'Glycemic Index' number and are low in carbohydrates .... eg. onions, cabbage, celery, etc. ...... I like them partially cooked.
You need protein to maintain strength ..... wild game is the perfect meat. Stay away from processed meat.
This is basically a 'steak & salad' diet. Eat till you're full. Eat every day. You'll be fine .... you're not going to starve.
Stay away from all things wheat. It's bad shit. Spikes your blood sugar, and you will gain weight!
Sugar is also bad for you ....
The pounds will drop off quickly, your energy level will go up, you won't feel hungry every two hours .....
Pick up the 'Wheat Belly' book, and learn why you feel the shits all the time ....
This is easy to do ........ have fun!

Jelvis
01-06-2016, 10:26 AM
sugar is not bad it's energy or calories. Fuel for the body. Eating toooo much can have it's problems. Moderation is the KEY in all things in life. Balance.
Some people know about food values some don't have a clue.
Study to show yourselves approved. Keep active, walk for an hour a day.
Eat only til 6-30 pm at the latest ( adjust time for shift workers) to be there 6-30 pm.
Once you get a balanced routine and make it a good addiction you will be on your journey of a body to die for.
Jelly ( Know your role ) eat only enuff as the size of your fist -- then stop.
Food is only seconds on the lips and forever on the hips -- slow your chewing down and chew more than swallow. Digestion starts in the saliva and food mixed together.
----- Know your roll and shut the pie hole -----

Iron Glove
01-06-2016, 10:30 AM
You took a crap before you went to bed.

In the morning I weigh myself after breakfast, fully clothed.
Before bed I weigh my self buck naked and after a big dump.
I always weigh a few lbs less at bed time, makes me feel like my diet is working. :mrgreen:

ajr5406
01-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Jelly Fish

No food or water since dinner

Jelvis
01-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Belly fat on the outside is a witness to the fat inside around your organs squeesing the life out of them and the free movement. Inside fat is what you have also if your fat on the outside.
Your arterial tracts have a fat build up making the channel smaller, backing up to the heart and blocked, POW! Heart attack in Chilly Whack!
You know if your obese or not.
Jelly -- use a smaller plate size when eating supper, the food will look larger that way.
Size of your fist, make a fist right now and look, that's your food limit at one sitting.