PDA

View Full Version : 4-34 Golden area Grizz

monasheemountainman
01-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Anybody ever had success in this area? I have been camping/fishing in the golden area lots, never hunting. Curious about any results.

cheers

gutpile
01-03-2016, 03:16 PM
I had that draw a few years ago , i found that i was look for grizzly on
the north slopes , as the logging rd was on the south side .
so the north was still all dead from winter.
saw one sow with three cubs .
All valleys were the same logging rds on the south side and you could see anything
on your side you were on it was steep , had to look across the valley to the north side .

monasheemountainman
01-03-2016, 03:28 PM
thanks gutpile good to know

monasheemountainman
01-03-2016, 03:34 PM
south of the ski resort it looks like you would be able to get up into the alpine no?

wrenchhead
01-04-2016, 08:42 AM
There's a real nice one at the ski hill, in a compound. Don't kno if they will let you shoot off the chairlift though.

Deer_Slayer
01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Go up Gorman lake area. Road through golf course. Good Grizz area. Quartz creek near Donald good too. You can also check behind Parson the spillimacheen river drainages. May have to go mid May or later. Tons of snow in the upper elevations. I used to live and hunt these areas.

monasheemountainman
01-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Go up Gorman lake area. Road through golf course. Good Grizz area. Quartz creek near Donald good too. You can also check behind Parson the spillimacheen river drainages. May have to go mid May or later. Tons of snow in the upper elevations. I used to live and hunt these areas.

cool, so decent area to put in for then?

Deer_Slayer
01-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Ya I would. Get up in the slides around there and plenty of grizz and black bears

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
There's a real nice one at the ski hill, in a compound. Don't kno if they will let you shoot off the chairlift though.

If it ever escapes again . i dont think there a law stopping you .. lol. If you have the draw of course .

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
01-04-2016, 03:02 PM
cool, so decent area to put in for then?

lots of snow and tough thick slides . your more than welcome to try tho . i know its much easier other places .

monasheemountainman
01-04-2016, 03:14 PM
lots of snow and tough thick slides . your more than welcome to try tho . i know its much easier other places .
yeah I believe you buds, I am taking your advice. cheers