PDA

View Full Version : 7-18 grizz help

vip_ruger
01-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Has any body ever travel the walker forest service rd in the spring ? if so condition of it is the stream crossing cross able in the spring ? (with horse ) Or been into Jarvis Lakes looking for G-Bear ?
thanks for your help

swampthing
01-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Snow is your biggest enemy. Quad with tracks is very helpful. When you get back where the atco snowmobile trailer used to be is where you can start glassing the southern slopes for bears. Cant remember the name of the creek you have to cross there to get to the bears but it will be a bitch to cross. I crossed it in the fall and it was scary. Never been to Jarvis. Getting a horse in will probably be pretty tuff.

Kopper
01-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Certainly ain't no shortage of grizz in there. Be prepared to swear at the alders though ;)

swampthing
01-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Just checked the map and its the Mcgregor river that would need to be crossed. I think Jarvis lake is high enough that it would be snowed in till after bear season closes.

emerson
01-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Snow is your biggest enemy. Quad with tracks is very helpful. When you get back where the atco snowmobile trailer used to be is where you can start glassing the southern slopes for bears. Cant remember the name of the creek you have to cross there to get to the bears but it will be a bitch to cross. I crossed it in the fall and it was scary. Never been to Jarvis. Getting a horse in will probably be pretty tuff.
This is truth. Spring grizz is about fighting snow up here at least. Without tracked vehicles or flying machines its a low odds deal.

vip_ruger
01-03-2016, 04:30 PM
I was under the impression that the Mcgrregor river had a bridge just the bucham creek was the bad one to cross. Could be wrong though . What about travelin in from the other side alberta ?All the help is greatly helpful thanks