PDA

View Full Version : Going Hunting Coyotes with my .22 LR

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Hi! Today, I am going to hunt coyotes with my .22 LR. Is that ethical? I believe the .22 LR is allowed by law for coyotes. No?

I will keep you updated on the results! :)

northernbc
01-01-2016, 10:41 AM
seems kinda like a trolish post, what do you think. let me start your update, found a couple I shot at last week guess I did hit them, and there were a few limping around ......

lovemywinchester
01-01-2016, 10:54 AM
You would have to be pretty close I would think. Not over 100 yds. Close up, 50 yds, no problem though

Manglinmike
01-01-2016, 10:55 AM
you just posted you don't want animals to suffer and now your going coyote hunting with a 22

decker9
01-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Dispatching in a trap at close range with a 22 lr is one thing, hunting them is another. Personally, I wouldebt recommend it. Even as a top predator, they deserve a humane kill.

Wentrot
01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Trolololololololololol

375shooter
01-01-2016, 12:17 PM
I've heard that it takes about 400 foot pounds of energy to reliably kill coyotes. A .22 has nowhere near that.

jtred
01-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Under 50m with a well placed shot a 22lr will work. Everything would have to be just perfect but if you're good with your rifle and patient enough to wait for the perfect shot then yes a 22 will do the trick. Not the best choice for a coyote hunting caliber.

okas
01-01-2016, 12:21 PM
OH MY GOD are you kidding me :confused:

todbartell
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
if you're going to use a 22LR, make sure you violently shoot them in the head :mrgreen:

Salmon Belly
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
22-250, give it a whirl

Sofa King
01-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Trolololololololololol

thisisisisisisisis

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 02:35 PM
You would have to be pretty close I would think. Not over 100 yds. Close up, 50 yds, no problem though

Yes! here is one I got with me .22 LR at around 50 yards. He did not suffered long :) http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Alexboybkk/media/coyote.jpg.html

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 02:37 PM
thisisisisisisisis

...common...it is the holidays! Lot of time to spend on the computer no? :)

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 02:40 PM
you just posted you don't want animals to suffer and now your going coyote hunting with a 22

...a bleeding heart told me not to make animals suffer. Do they suffer really? May be I am a good shooter? I never saw them suffer for long!

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 03:20 PM
I've heard that it takes about 400 foot pounds of energy to reliably kill coyotes. A .22 has nowhere near that.

...yet the biggest coyote is no more than 40 pounds!

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 03:25 PM
OH MY GOD are you kidding me :confused:

Why not? It is allowed by the regulations. Also, I would like to point out that a .22 LR is not a pellet gun. When I was young, I one shot a deer at more than 100 yards with regular velocity .22 LR bullet. To my surprise, when I arrive where the deer was shot, it was full of blood. I had no problem at all following the blood trail. He ran only about 20 yards and I found him dead as a stone. Not too bad for a .22 LR and a deer is much much bigger than a coyote.

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 03:35 PM
seems kinda like a trolish post, what do you think. let me start your update, found a couple I shot at last week guess I did hit them, and there were a few limping around ......

...the next guy will finish them! :)

sawmill
01-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Yup. Troll.Piss off kid.

lovemywinchester
01-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Nice yote! Did you call him in?

Boner
01-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Why not? It is allowed by the regulations. Also, I would like to point out that a .22 LR is not a pellet gun. When I was young, I one shot a deer at more than 100 yards with regular velocity .22 LR bullet. To my surprise, when I arrive where the deer was shot, it was full of blood. I had no problem at all following the blood trail. He ran only about 20 yards and I found him dead as a stone. Not too bad for a .22 LR and a deer is much much bigger than a coyote.

Right there an admission of hunting a deer with a rimfire. "To your surprise" you killed it. Not too bad at all you say...

Read the BC hunting and trapping regulations. Retake the CORE course. And give your head a shake.

Bugle M In
01-01-2016, 04:43 PM
WTF!!!
Ya, it's possible...but why???????
Sorry, but you have left me shaking my head.
Maybe look at some "Varmint" caliber's to purchase.
Leave the 22 for grouse, squirrels and targets.

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Nice yote! Did you call him in?

Thanks! ...no, It was just a fluke. dead at 50 yards with a bullet behind the leg. My farmer friend is happy!

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Trolololololololololol

...yes. it is...wise guy. A new year troll!

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 08:11 PM
if you're going to use a 22LR, make sure you violently shoot them in the head :mrgreen:

...the thing is...I do not consider it violent if it is with a .22. I think it is nicer than the big cannons!

alexboyprin
01-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Yup. Troll.Piss off kid.

I suppose you are the a@@hole of this forum?

ajr5406
01-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Just because it's legal doesn't make it ethical. Despite the fact that coyotes eat deer, and may be a pest, they still deserve better than that...

Why not just shot them with your deer gun? At least you know that you will kill them quick.

scotty30-06
01-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Seem to be shaking shit up with these recent thread there Alexboy habha....one about animal pain when shit then another about shooting an animal with bs caliber

Salty
01-01-2016, 08:59 PM
he sounds conflicted. lol

hoochie
01-01-2016, 09:03 PM
When I was young, I one shot a deer at more than 100 yards with regular velocity .22 LR bullet. To my surprise, when I arrive where the deer was shot, it was full of blood. I had no problem at all following the blood trail. He ran only about 20 yards and I found him dead as a stone. Not too bad for a .22 LR and a deer is much much bigger than a coyote.

.22LR and killed a deer. We don't believe you.. tell us more about this.

bigredchev
01-01-2016, 09:06 PM
This is going nowhere fast. Hunt ethical or stay home and eat a fuggin salad

REMINGTON JIM
01-01-2016, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=alexboyprin;1731698]Hi! Today, I am going to hunt coyotes with my .22 LR. Is that ethical? I believe the .22 LR is allowed by law for coyotes. No?

Absolutely NOT ! Yotes can be very tough to kill and a 22 LR does not have the power to anchor them BUTwill kill with a lung shot BUT so will a 22 Cal kill a moose with a lung shot - BUT ! it will take a long time and a lot of miles - So NO ! its NOT Ethical ! Don't do it ! :-( RJ

You better not be a TROLL because it will get you ****** in the end !

Gateholio
01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Last yote I shot was with a 22 Short. Not very far shot. It died.

hoochie
01-01-2016, 09:55 PM
he still hasn't proven to us that a .22 can kill a deer. I wanna hear more about this.

scotty30-06
01-01-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm with ya hoochie...I wanna hear all about it....i call bs...but he should back a story if he makes that claim

Bugle M In
01-01-2016, 10:03 PM
he still hasn't proven to us that a .22 can kill a deer. I wanna hear more about this.

I'm sure it can be done.
I know of a few old timers, long since gone from this earth,
that had in fact killed more than just a deer with a 22, and more than just 1.
It can kill.....it's just not right to do it if you ask me, as it is just easier and more "Ethical"
to use a larger caliber.
It might be one thing to shoot at a coyote while your out with your 22 hunting grouse and an opportunity
exists...(although, I just wouldn't do it....)
But, to be out there "specifically" for the purpose of hunting coyotes all day...
Grab a "true varmint" caliber....not some 22 just to see what happens.
The Regs say......"TO BE ETHICAL" for many reasons and purposes while hunting.
A 22 is not,....in my opinion....an ethical caliber for coyotes.

sawmill
01-01-2016, 10:08 PM
I killed my first moose with a .177 Daisy pellet rifle. It can be done,I wouldn`t lie. I had to beat that sucker till the stock broke then jam the jagged end into it`s rib cage. It was # 2 moose ever taken but some ass head burnt down my house while I was off shooting a James Bond movie so I don`t have any pictures.

Alienation
01-01-2016, 10:16 PM
This has been a good read. Subscribed.

This will be my first year yote hunting, I did my research and opted for a 243.

Ambush
01-01-2016, 10:37 PM
I killed my first moose with a .177 Daisy pellet rifle.

Hey me to!!

I was about three years old and on my way home from checking my trapline. Came across a bull standing knee deep in a puddle getting a drink. Shot him in the bag, with the old Daisy Ride Rider, when his head was under. He sucked in so fast and so much that the puddle almost went dry and he keeled over drowned!!!

scotty30-06
01-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Bahahahhahaha poor swamp donkey....talk about a moose knuckle

decker9
01-02-2016, 06:43 AM

Read my mind. I call big BS. Sure, may have shot a deer ( or at a deer at over 100 yards )with a 22, but I call 100% BS on the rest of the story.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:33 AM
This is going nowhere fast. Hunt ethical or stay home and eat a fuggin salad

then it is up to the government to change the law and to make the .22 LR illegal for coyote no? I always follow the law but one cannot ask me to do more than the law is asking.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Right there an admission of hunting a deer with a rimfire. "To your surprise" you killed it. Not too bad at all you say...

Read the BC hunting and trapping regulations. Retake the CORE course. And give your head a shake.

this was 45 years ago, when I was a kid. 40 years ago, there was no core, to PC, no internet, no access to information like today. today I would not do that. why everyboby think there are so smart on this forum.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:40 AM
WTF!!!
Ya, it's possible...but why???????
Sorry, but you have left me shaking my head.
Maybe look at some "Varmint" caliber's to purchase.
Leave the 22 for grouse, squirrels and targets.

...it was 40 years ago, when I was a kid. kids do that kind of things with a .22 lr. anyways, It works. but I would not try that today except in a survival situation.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Just because it's legal doesn't make it ethical. Despite the fact that coyotes eat deer, and may be a pest, they still deserve better than that...

Why not just shot them with your deer gun? At least you know that you will kill them quick.

...you are right. but coyote for me are prey of opportunity. I am hunting something else and if I see one, I may shoot it. I think I am saving some deers this way. another problem is that I am a trapper and I keep the fur. if I shoot them with my 270 win, bye bye the fur. I think I will buy a 223 in the future.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Seem to be shaking shit up with these recent thread there Alexboy habha....one about animal pain when shit then another about shooting an animal with bs caliber

ah ah. yes. well, it is because I am on vacation and I have nothing to do. I a few days, you will be happy because I will have no time to write and tease you guys. back to work soon.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:48 AM

you sound like a positive guy. have you seen the test on youtube on how far the .22 lr will kill? it goes through a 1 inch pine boar at 300 yard. that mean it would penetrate your chest. not so much a BS caliber.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:51 AM

..yes. this isa true story and it may have been a fluke but I was a kid. this was 40 years ago. I just tried, and I was very surprise. it was really more than 100 yards open sight and, the deer did not fall, but began to run in circle. he was found only about 20 yards ago. dead. and I think the bullet entered the lungs. more bloodtrail than with my 270 win.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=alexboyprin;1731698]Hi! Today, I am going to hunt coyotes with my .22 LR. Is that ethical? I believe the .22 LR is allowed by law for coyotes. No?

Absolutely NOT ! Yotes can be very tough to kill and a 22 LR does not have the power to anchor them BUTwill kill with a lung shot BUT so will a 22 Cal kill a moose with a lung shot - BUT ! it will take a long time and a lot of miles - So NO ! its NOT Ethical ! Don't do it ! :-( RJ

You better not be a TROLL because it will get you ****** in the end !

hi. I agree that if a really want to shoot a coyote, I would use a 223 or something like it. this is a bit trollish but I woud say it is more "provocative". just because it suddenly occur to me than 22 is allowed for coyote but why? when I go out hunting grouse with my 22 and if I see a coyote, am I not allowed to get it if the distance allow? I am a trapper and I keep the fur. Happy New Year!

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:57 AM
he sounds conflicted. lol

...I believe in the duality of man :)

decker9
01-02-2016, 09:58 AM
...you are right. but coyote for me are prey of opportunity. I am hunting something else and if I see one, I may shoot it. I think I am saving some deers this way. another problem is that I am a trapper and I keep the fur. if I shoot them with my 270 win, bye bye the fur. I think I will buy a 223 in the future.

I feel that being a trapper, a guy has to take extra caution to keep things humane. Antis hate hunting/hunters, but they hate trapping/trappers worse, I think. We have a image to uphold, let's not fuel they'r fire. Go trap a bit of fur, that will afford you a coyote rifle.

Happy trappin.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Last yote I shot was with a 22 Short. Not very far shot. It died.

..at last. a real man :)

chilcotin hillbilly
01-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Nothing wrong with a 22lr for coyotes. Under 100 yards broadside lung or heart shot is very deadly. I have killed yotes out to 100 and they only went 30 or 40 yards. There seems to be a lot of armchair experts on the subject.
I have killed a pile of trapped wolves with lung shots, it kills them very quickly.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 10:04 AM
I feel that being a trapper, a guy has to take extra caution to keep things humane. Antis hate hunting/hunters, but they hate trapping/trappers worse, I think. We have a image to uphold, let's not fuel they'r fire. Go trap a bit of fur, that will afford you a coyote rifle.

Happy trappin.

thanks for your positive comment. I am a polite guy. I wonder why some guys on forum choose to insult or be impolite with OP without even have been provocated.

Boner
01-02-2016, 10:08 AM
this was 45 years ago, when I was a kid. 40 years ago, there was no core, to PC, no internet, no access to information like today. today I would not do that. why everyboby think there are so smart on this forum.

You were the one who started the thread asking "everyboby" for advice.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Nothing wrong with a 22lr for coyotes. Under 100 yards broadside lung or heart shot is very deadly. I have killed yotes out to 100 and they only went 30 or 40 yards. There seems to be a lot of armchair experts on the subject.
I have killed a pile of trapped wolves with lung shots, it kills them very quickly.

+1...another real man. they are rare today since the school raise boys like girls :)

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 10:30 AM
You were the one who started the thread asking "everyboby" for advice.

yes. but at least they could be polite. I was called all kind of names. I can see some guys have huge egos.

mrdoog
01-02-2016, 10:38 AM
..at last. a real man :)

Fail to see how shooting an animal with a small calibre firearm makes one "manly"
Besides Gatehouse has many other attributes that lend to his manliness; for example his quiche eating abilities

Salty
01-02-2016, 10:38 AM
ha ha ha ha. alex' got his troll on. ....

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Fail to see how shooting an animal with a small calibre firearm makes one "manly"
Besides Gatehouse has many other attributes that lend to his manliness; for example his quiche eating abilities

:) just joking. :) king of!

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 10:44 AM
ha ha ha ha. alex' got his troll on. ....

it is my new year's gift to you guys. normally, I am very quiet on this forum.

knighthunter
01-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Back in my younger days growing up on the family farm on the prairie's, my dad always kept a .22 in the barn and I saw many a coyote, fox, skunk, squirrel, racoon get shot and killed. Was no big deal. I wouldn't intentionaly hunt coyotes with a .22, but if I was out hunting chickens and saw one at 40 yards or so, I wouldn't hesitate to put one in it's head.

Bugle M In
01-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Back in my younger days growing up on the family farm on the prairie's, my dad always kept a .22 in the barn and I saw many a coyote, fox, skunk, squirrel, racoon get shot and killed. Was no big deal. I wouldn't intentionaly hunt coyotes with a .22, but if I was out hunting chickens and saw one at 40 yards or so, I wouldn't hesitate to put one in it's head.
In a nutshell, that is what I was trying to say or how I feel on this subject.
From what I know, it is legal to shoot coyote with a 22(?), and I guess if one had the opportunity to take a coyote with a 22,
Like you say, hunting chickens, than I guess some would take the liberty that has presented itself.
But, I disagree, from an ethical standpoint, that someone would sit all day, to hunt just coyote, and with only a 22.
Does that make me a "Wus", because I disagree, and that some say that's all they ever used years ago??
If killing, with a small caliber bullet, so to prove it can be done (as we all know it can), somehow makes them "macho",
than I feel bad for us as hunters.
It's that attitude and self-belief, that really shames us in front of the general public who don't hunt, and especially in front of
those that "do try" to understand are point of view on hunting.
It's that group where these type of attitudes makes them no longer sit on the fence, but firmly plants them on the other
side along with the Anti's.
Some here will say...who gives a **** what they think, but, we owe it to are fellow hunter to be "Ethical".
Guns can kill, not matter the caliber, but, who do we need to prove that to....??

wicket
01-02-2016, 06:45 PM
...I believe in the duality of man :)

so does bruce jenner, sounds like you may be in the same boat. Im with sawmil on this one.

alexboyprin
01-02-2016, 07:37 PM
so does bruce jenner, sounds like you may be in the same boat. Im with sawmil on this one.

so much negativity from you and sawmill. you know what? I will let you guys discredit yourself for everyone to see on this forum.

butthead
01-02-2016, 07:38 PM
a friend of mine was shot by one of his friends with a 22lr.
he died that day. 35 years ago,
22lr do kill thats for sure

Gateholio
01-02-2016, 08:39 PM
People underestimate the 22LR because it is small.

When they underestimate it on HBC, they just demonstrate their lack of experience with the cartridge in question.

srupp
01-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Hmm Betty Franks son was sitting in the outhouse..minding his buissineess. .when his brother fired a few rounds into the same outhouse..killing his brother..
Having said that..legal..yes for coyote..but not a good choice.
Seen more than a couple tragedies by folks not respecting the results of just a.22lr
Cheers
Srupp

Salty
01-02-2016, 08:55 PM
I was about 10 or 11 when I killed my first big animal it was a domestic cow OK steer having its last meal about 15 feet away. Following directions from the old man one 22 long rifle round to the forhead folded it he was dead before he hit the ground.

wicket
01-02-2016, 08:57 PM
so much negativity from you and sawmill. you know what? I will let you guys discredit yourself for everyone to see on this forum.
Wowzers, the hormone therapy is really fast tracking your irritability. I have heard that if you get the ones with wings it will help with your heavier days. You admit to stirring the pot and then can't take a lil (as in one pretty harmless post) back. Fill your boots, shoot whatever with whatever, good luck, post all the pictures, have a pisser . I forgot that words hurt, Im very sorry. For what its worth I had a friend who went to shoot a coon in the milking parlor slip on some cow shit and shot himself with a 22 so yes in the right spot 22s are as deadly as anything else. I believe though if you have to ask if something is ethical you have answered your own question.

good day

375shooter
01-02-2016, 09:08 PM
When I was about 14, I was hunting black bear with my dad. He shot one with his 30-30. When we got up to it, it was still alive so he told me to finish it off with my .22. I shot it 3 times in the head at about 15 or 20 feet. When we skinned it later, we saw that only one of the bullets actually penetrated the skull. That was with CCI Stingers, though.

Sharpish
01-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Every post by Alexboyprin is pure rubbish. He's either 8 years old or mentally deficient.

Daybreak
01-02-2016, 09:30 PM
According to his profile: he's 57, an ex cop, ex military and a bush pilot who is now retired. You'd think that with that background he would have had extensive training and experience in ballistics and would not be inquiring about the ethical ways to hunt a coyote???

Personally, I think he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and gets a kick out of passively rattling peoples chains.

Gateholio
01-02-2016, 09:31 PM
A number of people have crossed the line in their responses here. Do it again and you will be going on HBC vacation.

604redneck
01-02-2016, 10:21 PM
You can and will kill a coyote with a 22. Keep it relatively close say 40 yards or closer. Last season I shot a few coyotes with my 22 and a bobcat with my 22 none moved all were approximately 30 yards or just under.

MattW
01-03-2016, 01:13 AM
While I'll say that the 22 is not my first choice for coyote hunting there have been several occasions where I've used it and it's always done the job just fine. I did once drop a coyote with one shot from a 22 at just a hair under 100 yards in order to save my Jack Russel terrier.

It's a more capable cartridge than most think and I'll tell a little story of my Grandpas from Saskatchewan in the 30's. Grandpa and his brother were teens and their family was trying to fend off starvation in 30's Saskatchewan. It was fall and Grandpa and his father went to work on their crops and his brother (Ben) was sent to see if he could kill any meat, his brother had health issues that kept him from doing hard manual labour. So Ben went out to hunt and came upon a nice Muley buck on the next rise in the ground from the one he was standing on. Ben knelt down with the only rifle the family could afford ammunition for (a 22) and fired at the deer. The deer ran over the rise and out of sight and Ben was upset that he had perhaps lost the deer and wasted a bullet, he ran to the rise the deer had stood on and saw the deer standing on the next rise over again so he knelt and shot and this time he dropped the deer in its tracks. As he rose he looked down to see the first deer dead at his feet. He had killed two good Muley bucks with two shots from his 22, the family had meat for the winter.

In this day and age and when hunting for sport I'd never advocate for hunting big game with a 22 but I will say it's a very capable little cartridge.

hunter1947
01-03-2016, 05:32 AM
I just don't get it why some members thrive on this kind of thread ??? I know members that don't post on HBC anymore because of this kind of thing..:?: :shock: :roll:..

hunter1947
01-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Hi! Today, I am going to hunt coyotes with my .22 LR. Is that ethical? I believe the .22 LR is allowed by law for coyotes. No?

I will keep you updated on the results! :)

Looking forward to seeing a few yotes on the ground..

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
People underestimate the 22LR because it is small.

When they underestimate it on HBC, they just demonstrate their lack of experience with the cartridge in question.

+1 on that. The .22 lr is what the Israeli army uses to dispacht feral dogs. Beside, I goes through a 1 inche pine board at 300 yards!

bc traper
01-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Trapped a coyote in a leg hold trap Head was like a balloon When I skinned it it had a 22 shell in the head

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Hmm Betty Franks son was sitting in the outhouse..minding his buissineess. .when his brother fired a few rounds into the same outhouse..killing his brother..
Having said that..legal..yes for coyote..but not a good choice.
Seen more than a couple tragedies by folks not respecting the results of just a.22lr
Cheers
Srupp

..good comment. I know it is not the best choice. but explain that to me like if I was a 2 years old :)! If you go hunting grouse with your 22 and you see a coyote standing broadside at 40 yards, you will not shoot it? just because you think he may suffer?

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Wowzers, the hormone therapy is really fast tracking your irritability. I have heard that if you get the ones with wings it will help with your heavier days. You admit to stirring the pot and then can't take a lil (as in one pretty harmless post) back. Fill your boots, shoot whatever with whatever, good luck, post all the pictures, have a pisser . I forgot that words hurt, Im very sorry. For what its worth I had a friend who went to shoot a coon in the milking parlor slip on some cow shit and shot himself with a 22 so yes in the right spot 22s are as deadly as anything else. I believe though if you have to ask if something is ethical you have answered your own question.

good day

...at last a nice reply. you are not so bad after all! :) (may be I have a gift to make people upset?)

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Every post by Alexboyprin is pure rubbish. He's either 8 years old or mentally deficient.

Fine. so you are free not to participate. Yet many people choose to reply. This is entertainment! Beside, if you look at the history of my posts...this is not true. 99% of my posts are interesting I would say. Please post something and I will evaluate the content of your post. By the way...what you are writing will stay for ever and many many people here say that you call me "mentally deficient" and they will form their own opinions on you which may not be favorable.

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:30 AM
According to his profile: he's 57, an ex cop, ex military and a bush pilot who is now retired. You'd think that with that background he would have had extensive training and experience in ballistics and would not be inquiring about the ethical ways to hunt a coyote???

Personally, I think he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and gets a kick out of passively rattling peoples chains.

I do like to be provocative so what. That makes people think! That said you are entitle to your opinion. I speak 4 languages, as I am writing you in English very fast and without spell check please note that English is not even my first language. can you write in French? In Thai? What is you level of education? How old are you?

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I just don't get it why some members thrive on this kind of thread ??? I know members that don't post on HBC anymore because of this kind of thing..:?: :shock: :roll:..

this is a nice thread. What will happen that people do not want to post anymore will be because of the few members who think they own the forum and they think so highly of themselves that they assume that every othet OP is either: an idiot, a monster, an imbecil etc etc and that they hold the moral ground over every one else.
And, some of them resort to insult or bad mouthing.

knighthunter
01-03-2016, 11:09 AM
I know and have seen a .22 bullet go all the way thru a human foot. Not mine but my best friend's when we were about 16 or so.

Salty
01-03-2016, 12:26 PM
I do like to be provocative so what. That makes people think! That said you are entitle to your opinion. I speak 4 languages, as I am writing you in English very fast and without spell check please note that English is not even my first language. can you write in French? In Thai? What is you level of education? How old are you?

บอกเราเรื่องราวดีในภาษาไทย :lol: และที่คุณไม่บ้านั้นถ้าเป็นไปได้ :confused:

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 04:20 PM
บอกเราเรื่องราวดีในภาษาไทย :lol: และที่คุณไม่บ้านั้นถ้าเป็นไปได้ :confused:

ok. I will reply you in thai. send me your email because I have to write you from my iphone as I do not have thai alphabet on my computer. :) I still want to know your age because if you are not at least 57 y/o like me, you must be respectful. so, I am waiting for your email so I can write you in thai.

Ubertuber
01-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Lot's of cluelessness on the killing power of a .22 on this tread.:-P
I've seen enough steer put down with one shot to know how deadly a .22 is.

Pop flop.

alexboyprin
01-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Lot's of cluelessness on the killing power of a .22 on this tread.:-P
I've seen enough steer put down with one shot to know how deadly a .22 is.

Pop flop.

yes. a lot of know-it-all, holier-than-thou, people there.

northernbc
01-03-2016, 05:54 PM
will people stop posting about what they have seen killed with a .22. we can all agree it kills, the question started with using it on coyote and it has turned into this. yes it can kill a dog but why would you set out with the smallest gun you can find ,you probably already have a proper varmint rifle, just use it like anyone else would......what will be next can I go grizzly hunting with my .22mag

Bugle M In
01-03-2016, 05:56 PM
will people stop posting about what they have seen killed with a .22. we can all agree it kills, the question started with using it on coyote and it has turned into this. yes it can kill a dog but why would you set out with the smallest gun you can find ,you probably already have a proper varmint rifle, just use it like anyone else would......what will be next can I go grizzly hunting with my .22mag

Amen Brother....

Salty
01-03-2016, 05:57 PM
ok. I will reply you in thai. send me your email because I have to write you from my iphone as I do not have thai alphabet on my computer. :) I still want to know your age because if you are not at least 57 y/o like me, you must be respectful. so, I am waiting for your email so I can write you in thai.

Sorry but my email on my tablet that has Thai is in Thai so maybe go to a Thai translator and type in ThaiStick@capital.com and that will come out in Thai email address. I'm on my phone now. I'll go check very soon. Blessings.

The Hermit
01-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Apparently there is a local FN guy that killed some 300 deer in Central and North Saanich last year, with a 22lr, at night, with a flashlight. Someone told me that he shoots them right between the lookers!. Can't say if this is true but there are WAY fewer deer around this year!

Stormy
01-04-2016, 12:11 AM
.22lr does kill coyotes, I prefer the 22 hornet myself or 17hmr....

there is also this to think about...

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/what-22-rifle-did-bella-twin-use-to-kill-a-world-record-grizzly-in-1953/#axzz3wG19XzNQ

digger dogger
01-04-2016, 08:47 AM
yes. a lot of know-it-all, holier-than-thou, people there.

.22 deadly for coyotes=yes
Your respect thread, went about as well as I figured.
You asked for it! IMO