PDA

View Full Version : Peace - 7B elk draw - any elk

Jrax
12-31-2015, 04:00 PM
I was lucky enough to draw this tag and will have a small window for hunting early January, likely 3 days. I have done research on crown land areas adjacent to private land I can hunt that look promising but thought I would check in here for any additional helpful information. Specifically I am looking for any contacts I can try for private land access. I am willing to call or knock on doors and have salmon/smoke salmon I can bring or even a bottle/case for appreciation :D Also happy to hear of any general areas I should consider checking. I will post story and pics even though its likely to be a quick trip!

pronghorn
12-31-2015, 09:18 PM
The elk are around but barely any snow are keeping them up in the hills. I would look around the ground birch area or more towards Dawson. Farrell creek hudsons hope area has some hanging around also.

Cpl_Punishment
12-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Bumped into a fellow at the gas station in Clinton this morning, he was on his way back from Hudson Hope. He said he say lots of Elk all on private land and couldn't get permission to hunt on any.

canadiancon
01-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Been hunting this draw since mid december, the lack of snow is making them unpredictable, all the fields have lots of food and so do the trees, I have a few contacts with farmers and they are either hardly seeing them or not seeing them at all. The ones I have seen have been well before legal shooting light. I'm up here this weekend and it's hardly below freezing and blowing like a *******. If possible wait until some more cold or more snow.

Backwoods
01-01-2016, 12:24 PM
My buddy just got one last week, PM me, he has seen them almost everyday he went out

Backwoods babe
01-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Offering bed and breakfast north of Fort St. John with 2 resident needs in the area. Had two hunters up before New Years, multiple opportunities, finally connected, took two home. Send me a personal message for more info.

leadpillproductions
01-06-2016, 07:55 PM
I got a plye still eating my deer bait those dam elk are getting expensive lol

Ambush
01-06-2016, 07:58 PM
I got a plye still eating my deer bait those dam elk are getting expensive lol

That must be new this year, eh?

leadpillproductions
01-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Trying to get pics of new spot for deer

Bunner
01-12-2016, 05:42 PM
We have 2 elk tags. Does any one know where the elk are at this time of year or where people are seeing them? Also if there are any farmers that want some elk gone let me know.

moosinaround
01-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Just got back last night. All my honey holes where I always see and kill elk were dry! Elk around, but so much activity around, they are almost all staying in timber. No snow, like ankle deep, and very warm, under -20 is making them not have to head into the fields! I will head back up when they get more snow, and a week or more of -20 or better. Moosin

40incher
01-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Offering bed and breakfast north of Fort St. John with 2 resident needs in the area. Had two hunters up before New Years, multiple opportunities, finally connected, took two home. Send me a personal message for more info.

Maybe you guys should be contacting Bb!! Sounds like crown land is the bet with the low snow!

Just a thought ...

Bunner
01-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Maybe you guys should be contacting Bb!! Sounds like crown land is the bet with the low snow!

Just a thought ...

already have just waiting for a reply

Backwoods babe
02-02-2016, 08:01 AM
We've had a number of guests stay with us who came up specifically to hunt elk. Many had opportunity, a few went home without seeing an elk, and a few have connected, with the most recon being last night. The herds, local to our area, have not left but as they have different feeding opportunities and large areas of crown/forested land bordered by private/feeding areas, it's a best guess scenario as to where they will be early morning/dusk. We have B and B openings for the last two weeks of February, so send me a message if this is of interest to u.