PDA

View Full Version : Regs question

Backcountry Hunter
12-31-2015, 01:41 PM
So I would just like to make sure I'm reading the regs correctly here. If there is a no shooting area which in the regs states no firearms does this mean it is still LEGAL to hunt in that area with a bow or crossbow?

Salty
12-31-2015, 01:58 PM
As long as there's no provincial or municipal regulations saying you can't hunt there then a bow or crossbow would be allowed. Most of these no shooting no hunting areas are driven by a town or regional district, I'd find out which one of them is behind the no shooting area and check with them. You might get a clue by the map in the regs, usually a reference to X town or X regional district. Or call a CO if you can get through to one.

Backcountry Hunter
12-31-2015, 02:13 PM
I tried searching the town. It's whistler. They have a no bow zone from one end of town to the other but south of town is a no shooting zone. I've seen some nice black bears in there come spring time and just trying to figure out if I'm allowed in there. Thanks for the response

Gun Dog
12-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Outside of Whistler is the Squamish - Lillooet Regional District (http://www.slrd.bc.ca/).

walks with deer
12-31-2015, 05:12 PM
It's legal there I do it every year but don't be seen by tourist or more closure will occur.
I know where your talking about and the cyclist are heavy.
pm me and I can fill you more how we do it.