PDA

View Full Version : hmmm change.org was in on this

wideopenthrottle
12-30-2015, 03:50 PM
https://www.change.org/p/holidayinn-ihg-cancel-african-trophy-hunting-expo-endtrophyhunting/u/14566746?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=481634&alert_id=HqWSjLzgEc_eO7bwsMOE%2BroY3Kl3tGeuuGQ38Oy SM3mVDXsCbc0T5M%3D

I signed a petition from them and got an email about their successes this year..not too sure about this one though

sheephunterab
12-30-2015, 04:26 PM
The funny/ironic thing is that the event is still going ahead at a new venue and this petition and its results gave loads of free publicity to the African Hunting Events. I'm not really sure what they think they won. There's a similar one to shut down the SCI Convention in Vegas right now....I'm sure SCI loves the free publicity too.

goatdancer
12-30-2015, 09:23 PM
https://www.change.org/p/holidayinn-ihg-cancel-african-trophy-hunting-expo-endtrophyhunting/u/14566746?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=481634&alert_id=HqWSjLzgEc_eO7bwsMOE%2BroY3Kl3tGeuuGQ38Oy SM3mVDXsCbc0T5M%3D

I signed a petition from them and got an email about their successes this year..not too sure about this one though

If you read the info they post you will see that anybody can start a petition. If you choose to sign any petition, it's your choice. That doesn't mean you automatically signed them all.

wideopenthrottle
12-30-2015, 10:46 PM
If you read the info they post you will see that anybody can start a petition. If you choose to sign any petition, it's your choice. That doesn't mean you automatically signed them all.
yep....they sent the email listing it in among 4 or 5 other "successes" seemed to almost portray an anti hunting corporate culture but i guess that shouldnt be a big surprise...or perhaps their top petitions auto generated into links on a computer generated form/email ...hard to say....wide's credo....i like to keep an open mind under my tinfoil hat...heheheh

BiG Boar
12-31-2015, 08:06 AM
I think the holiday inn should be reminded of this just before hunting season. No GO clients will be staying there I hope.

FirePower
01-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Mr. Boar, a friend of mine recently stayed at a Super 8 while on a hunting trip. They were very hunter/dog friendly with good rates and a full breakfast included. This is where my hotel support will go from now on.

01-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Mr. Boar, a friend of mine recently stayed at a Super 8 while on a hunting trip. They were very hunter/dog friendly with good rates and a full breakfast included. This is where my hotel support will go from now on.

I've always found the Super 8 hotels to be hunter friendly. I've carried sheep heads past the front desk at the one in Fort Nelson, and received a friendly smile. Plus they are great with dogs.