PDA

View Full Version : pov of a shot from a bow

mgnm300
12-30-2015, 06:50 AM
You practice all summer and fall to make sure you can make the shot count when the moment arrives.
Then the time comes when you decide to take the shot and you second guess for a second did i make a good shot?
Nowadays the bows are so fast that you can't even see the arrow fly that you rely on all that practice that you made a good shot and it's amazing how fast it's all over.
I thought i would make a short video of the shot up close since you rarely see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2tcANBLg8c

Brez
12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
cool vid. I was amazed at how the arrow flexes. Also try as I might, it's too fast to see the broadhead. Arrow looks real short from that angle. Just how far was the deer? Thanks for sharing. I may have to gopro some myself. Great way to preserve the memory of the shot.

wideopenthrottle
12-30-2015, 09:08 AM
nice....good shot placement

greybark
12-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Sure points out the amount of "jumping the string" movement takes place prior to arrow strike .
Great video and shot ....
Cheers

Sofa King
12-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Sure points out the amount of "jumping the string" movement takes place prior to arrow strike .
Great video and shot ....
Cheers

sure does.
that always amazes me.

op, what bow are you shooting?
what speed you think?

The Hermit
12-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Nice video!

mgnm300
12-30-2015, 12:56 PM
The shot was taken at 20yrds.
the bow is a prime ion set at 60# and the arrow was a vap v6 400,the broadhead is a slick trick 100gr.
As to how fast? only god knows.

Buckmeister
12-30-2015, 01:18 PM
I have an Excalibur Equinox. I invited some guys to shoot the bow, most had never shot a bow before, and a few had shot a rifle one or twice. I set up a target block at 20 yards, gave each guy a quick instruction on how to hold, stand, and aim. All guys made a kill shot first try with furthest distance from bulls-eye being 2". One guy hit bulls-eye on first shot.