PDA

View Full Version : Moose Video Done!

rattling_junkie
12-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I finished editing this moose hunt early. If I don't share it now I'll just keep tinkering, and will probably ruin it. So, here it is and Happy New Year!

http://www.judahfilms.com/hunting/

Sofa King
12-29-2015, 07:05 PM
nice keens.

Sofa King
12-29-2015, 07:15 PM
wicked stuff.
awesome job, on the vid and the shot.
congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Daka
12-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Nice,man. Congrats

Daybreak
12-29-2015, 07:34 PM
You and the cameraman/editor have talent. That was a great shoot. Really enjoyed the way you broke it up with sound/no sound, low speed/time lapse etc. Nice moose too, a really reddish coat. Congratulations and thank you for taking us along!

ydouask
12-29-2015, 07:42 PM
That was really interesting, enjoyed your production ! :D:D

srthomas75
12-29-2015, 08:28 PM
I liked this too. He said that they were going to give the moose " 4 hrs " after the hit with the arrow. Is that normal for large game with bow hunting?

srupp
12-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Hmm wouldnt open just sunset photo..
Srupp

IslandBC
12-29-2015, 09:12 PM
That was cool to watch. Nice filming and editing. Had a red bull hunting feel to it !

markt308
12-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Really enjoyed that! has a Heartland Bowhunter TV feel to it which is probly the best edited show on Wild Tv, so that's most definitely a compliment! is it September yet??

Carbonmatrix
12-30-2015, 03:07 AM
Great vid! Thoroughly enjoyed it.:smile:

hunter1947
12-30-2015, 04:54 AM
Nicely done thanks for sharing..

kennyj
12-30-2015, 08:24 AM
Great video, Great moose!! Thanks for sharing.
kenny

604ksmith
12-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

rattling_junkie
12-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind words. HBC has been really receptive, and I appreciate that!

My buddy shot the moose. I filmed and did the editing. We waited 4 hours because we didn't see the bull go down, but we thought he was preparing to bed. When we lost sight of him it was actually him laying his head down and dying. We could of walked up to him right then, but we were unsure and wanted to play it safe. I shot my moose within a 100 yard radius last year, and he piled up after 100 yards on the run. Big game animals do die quick with a bow, but like anything you hit them a little far back you need to wait.

jaeger
12-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind words. HBC has been really receptive, and I appreciate that!

My buddy shot the moose. I filmed and did the editing. We waited 4 hours because we didn't see the bull go down, but we thought he was preparing to bed. When we lost sight of him it was actually him laying his head down and dying. We could of walked up to him right then, but we were unsure and wanted to play it safe. I shot my moose within a 100 yard radius last year, and he piled up after 100 yards on the run. Big game animals do die quick with a bow, but like anything you hit them a little far back you need to wait.

Nicely done! great Video and with the bow to booth!

Chango
12-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Very nice video, really enjoyed it. Nice moose too!
I have a suggestion for color grading and exposure. The colors came out overall pretty dark and grayed out with the blacks a little washed out.
Not sure if you were going for a style choice with the washed out blacks but the overall dark grey images could be a camera setting with exposure. Could also be some issues with gamma/contrast settings on the monitor you're using to edit/grade the video with.

I don't mean to pick it apart, I really enjoyed it. Nice shots, music and editing overall. Looking forward to seeing more.

rattling_junkie
12-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Colorgrading is definitely subjective. Gamma and contrast settings in my camera are good. Generally you shoot flat, to save as much data as possible, than add in contrast, saturation, and any color correction as needed. My exposure was generally good since I have the peaking feature on for exposure. When the exposure was off it was a result of too high of a frame rate to achieve a slow motion affect, or shooting at night. There you would see noise in the shadows. I think what you are seeing is the saturation levels. I would be more than happy to talk filmmaking and colorgrading, but rather do it through pm as most guys don't want a couple of video nerds talking tech.

Well that's it for videos until next year. Gotta wait for spring bear season!

Salmon Belly
12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Really great job, keep it up and definitely post back when new vids are up.

SB