PDA

View Full Version : Leh grizz tumtum lake

Steelpulse
12-24-2015, 11:00 PM
Might apply for grizz tag this spring as far as i have read on here heading to tumtum lake area seems like a good idea after snow melts and try and find a bear will be a good spring hunt and exploring a new area. Anyone have ezperience here want to share?

604ksmith
12-24-2015, 11:35 PM
I have no experience with Grizz hunting TumTum, but I was there deer hunting in October and loved the area. Thick, steep, and a long drive from town, but the game and game sign I saw was worth it.

I'm sure there are more than one or two Grizz back there. I saw a few decent sized tracks.

swampthing
12-25-2015, 02:45 PM
I have black bear hunted there and always saw grizz. Tried for the draw a few years but never could get it.

srupp
12-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Good area for great bears.
Srupp

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-25-2015, 10:17 PM
What MU is that ? what creeks and FSR are the good spots on that side ? i see the road runs along the Adams river Provincal park . you can hunt that one ?

butcher
12-26-2015, 09:09 AM
It's 3-42. Be aware that the Tum Tum road is washed out at 11km and not passable. You'd need to go around through Harbour Lakes or up the highway to Finn Cr.

g-Bears there but pretty dependant on conditions for access to the good spots.

604ksmith
12-26-2015, 09:53 AM
As Butcher said, Tum Tum road is washed out at 11km and not passable, even with an ATV. Probably an 80 foot wide mess of boulders and full-size logs. The alternate route through Harbour Lakes works well and provides some really good cuts/openings to look at, but it is probably a 30-40km detour. Also, pretty heavy active logging on Harbour Lake Road so watch out.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-27-2015, 11:11 AM
i have logged in behind Blue river before but never hunted . i would like to cruise in there again sometime . So the Adams lake provincal park is huntable ?

Paulyman
12-28-2015, 12:48 AM
Big blackies in that area, never saw any grizz when I was there last year.

hardnocks
12-28-2015, 06:47 AM
i have logged in their some . last time was about 15 years ago i had my trailer set up in the campground . was heli falling up oliver creek . lots and lots of black bears ang some grizz .

i am sure that is one of dana big mule deer spots .

khoffnbud
12-28-2015, 12:21 PM
I have hunted there quite a bit over the years, have had 5 leh goat draws in there over the last 15 years only one successful though. very tough area to hunt now, quite overgrown, most roads are iffy. the quickest way in is the finn fsr, 28 kms to the first bridge in the valley bottom, can't remember exactly but i think its around 20-25 km past that to tum tum lake/olivier fsr. i've seen tons for griz sign in the area but that being said I've never actually seen a griz in there, although when getting the ci done on my goat the bios assured me that there were griz in there. its tough, leh ending may 31, snow will likely have the roads impassable until the last two weeks of may. too much for a truck or quad, not enough for a sled, only thing I've seen to work well is a quad or sxs with tracks. same applies for 3-44. wasn't in there at all last year or this year but did spend 30+ days in there in 2013 for my goat leh, 30+ days and the only other game i saw was a porcupine and a monster whitey. but i wasn't looking for anything but goat so possibly could have over looked other game. imo, 3-44 is a much better place to try for a griz draw as i've been on a few successful gbear hunts in there. my profile pic is on the finn fsr around 25 km, looking south towards tum tum lake.