PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Duck Hot Shot

Superdeuce
12-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Anyone have any experience with this particular robo duck decoy? I see them advertised for sale half price in an upcoming boxing week flyer and thinking of grabbing a couple. Looks like they run on a 6volt rechargeable which I understand is preferable to AA's. Never had robo dekes when I used to chase waterfowl. How many are you generally running in a set?

We have a sort of love/hate relationship at the moment. He turns 1 on the 24th, and he has no idea how lucky he is to make it to his first birthday. I think he deserves a new shotgun and a couple robo dekes to celebrate the occasion...

12-22-2015, 08:04 PM
The dog is bored and needs to be more excersized ...... I hope he likes his new gun and deeks

The Hermit
12-30-2015, 12:19 PM
I bought one with my Christmas Cabela's Gift Card along with a bunch of other stuff. It is currently back ordered so will let you know when it arrives. I think I'm going to have to rig up a remote for it though...

Ovis17
12-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Cabelas had a crazy deal on two baby Mojos for around $90. Throw some remotes in those and you're good to go. Way lighter to carry into the field than the full sized ones.

mklaver
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM
I bought one online at the beginning of the season and have used it around 10-12 times? I have the carry bag and remote as well. Seems well made and the battery charge last at least two hunts (4 hours per hunt). I use it in conjunction with a dozen floating Mallard dekes and found it made a big difference compared to just the non-motorized dekes. I get a lot of birds checking it out, and I don't know how to call, so I rely on the Mojo to bring them in. Only been skunked once this year. Now if I could learn how to call....... :-)

lip_ripper00
12-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Why is the remote so important? Battery life, I just turn them on and leave it on?

lorneparker1
12-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Why is the remote so important? Battery life, I just turn them on and leave it on?

Ducks don't always, especially later in the season like robos. So its nice to have the ability to shut it off from the blind, and its nice to have the ability to intermittently turn it on and off ( have it running till the birds see it, turn it off as they approach)

Also, geese absolutely hate them . While there are exceptions, geese will generally flare hard off of robos, so its nice to have the ability to shut them off when geese are around

mklaver
12-31-2015, 06:24 PM
So its nice to have the ability to shut it off from the blind, and its nice to have the ability to intermittently turn it on and off ( have it running till the birds see it, turn it off as they approach)

Thanks for the tip. I have been shutting it off sometimes when it was dead quiet, but then again the battery lasts so long you don't really need to. Will try as you have suggested.......