PDA

View Full Version : Final kick at the can, any advice?

Buckmeister
12-17-2015, 09:05 PM
So we have 3 days left of bow hunting for white tail here in Region 8. Planning on going out tomorrow and Saturday and sitting in a blind. Where my blinds are I have encountered does on a few occasions, but I would really prefer a buck if there is one around. Any last minute tips for success?

coach
12-17-2015, 09:07 PM
With the snow falling and temps lower than the last couple weeks, now's the time to build your bait piles as high as you can get them. Get into the blind in the dark and stay until the absolute end of legal light. Conditions should be great for the last few days of the season.

Rayne
12-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Shoot the first legal deer that walks by.

Buckmeister
12-17-2015, 09:09 PM
With the snow falling and temps lower than the last couple weeks, now's the time to build your bait piles as high as you can get them. Get into the blind in the dark and stay until the absolute end of legal light. Conditions should be great for the last few days of the season.

Yep, got a pile of corn to take with me. Have salt in place already for many months, keeps them coming them.

Buckmeister
12-17-2015, 09:10 PM

Being the last few days, I think I will do just that. Only shot I won't take is Mama with fawns.

coach
12-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Good luck out there! Make sure you post pics of your success.

Fisher-Dude
12-17-2015, 09:45 PM

^^^ This.

I'd rather eat a tender doe than a post-rut buck (or tag soup), if the doe is the first one that wanders by.

Redo
12-17-2015, 11:54 PM
I am out for an archery Region 8 Whitetail as well. Pulled the cards in my cameras today and it seems like the bucks have gone nocturnal. Even the does are right at or before legal light, with the odd one wandering throughout the day. Had a close encounter tonight, but the doe must have scented me and busted at about 50 yrds.

Saturday and Sunday, long days in the stand.

Good luck to you!