PDA

View Full Version : Yr Favorite Hunting/Outdoor Shows!?

Eva_Hunts
12-17-2015, 01:55 PM
I've burned through all of the Meateater / Uncharted / SoloHunter / Hushin episodes and I'm thirsty for more more moreeeee!

I'm looking for something visceral and inspiring (don't say Pigman!)

What are you moved by?
Anyone have any recommendations?

Chango
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Your addiction is in full swing.
The ones you've already watched are the best of em!
Did you watch Uncharted season 2? I don't have cable and haven't been able to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Stuckntherut1 (https://www.youtube.com/user/Stuckntherut1) - has some good content

Springer
12-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Brad Fry , Dean Partridge , Jason Peterson, Top 3 shows!

Brian011
12-17-2015, 02:20 PM
My favorite is Live2Hunt

tuner
12-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Eva and Jim Shockey of course.

Backwoods
12-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Solohntr, brad fry, live 2 hunt, uncharted is all I can think of, sad that wildtv is sooooo repetitive I stop watching for awhile, don't need cable during hunting season hahah!!!

plumberjustin
12-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Just put on wild tv and let it run in the background all day.

smallfry14
12-17-2015, 03:39 PM
live 2 hunt is a good one and also stuckntherut on youtube!

Cyrus
12-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Live to Hunt is good but sometimes has a canned hunt feeling on the deer grounds they have. That being said some huge animals and entertaining. Also like Shockey's moose hunts on whatever his shows are called now. I just caught the end of one, not sure what it was called but Shawn Michaels from the WWF was the host?? Have seen Brock Lesnar on another show as well as Steve Austin...guess wrasslers are hunters too! Saw a few other random shows that have a good episode and then some real bad ones. Not a fan of the dude that looks like Dog the Bounty Hunter...or shows where they shoot elephants in the face at some zoo...or at least that's the feeling I get on those hunts. Some good stuff on youtube and some real unethical stuff as well...

rocksteady
12-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Relentless pursuit...

Crazy bow hunting fool... Tim Wells..

Winchester deadly passion with Melissa Buchman. .. if you got to ask why, you have never watched it ;)

ACB
12-17-2015, 04:48 PM
I could watch Nicole on Driven TV all day and of coarse lets not forget Tiffany. And for fishing April Vokey, that girl looks good in rubbers and god can she fish.

buckshot
12-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Canadian Joes.

375shooter
12-17-2015, 06:08 PM
My favorite is Steve's Outdoor Adventures. It's not on Wild TV right now, but the new season should be coming up soon, I would imagine.

Eva_Hunts
12-17-2015, 09:48 PM
this is awesome, excited to check these out, thanks guys!
Chango, (if you're familiar with downloading torrents) they just posted Uncharted season 2 on the Pirate Bay. It seems to be the only place to get it in Canada right now.

Ohwildwon
12-17-2015, 11:11 PM
The last Alaskans...

Heimo Korth rocks!..

Glenny
12-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Where the hell is colorado buck. haha just kidding. Live2hunt and the guide life.

tomahawk
12-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Best is "A guides life with Brad Fry" hands down .....then Live to hunt with Cody Robbins and Yukon hunts on Jim Shockey

604redneck
12-18-2015, 05:43 AM
Brad Fry , Dean Partridge , Jason Peterson, Top 3 shows!

People sitting in a blind or stand overlooking a field for whitetail does not make good tv.

swampthing
12-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Eva and Jim Shockey of course.

I presume "Eva Hunts" is Eva Shockey??

HarryToolips
12-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Les Stroud good ol Survivorman....and for hunting, yes Pigman he's awesome, love his enthusiasm...

IslandBC
12-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Just a heads up, when you get sick of all the rerunning TV hunting shows go to youtube! subscribe to a channel.
Growingdeer, Bowhuntordie, Foxproinc are all awesome! Most tv's can play youtube now so just let those suckers cycle all day

TrickleCharger
12-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Just a heads up, when you get sick of all the rerunning TV hunting shows go to youtube! subscribe to a channel.
Growingdeer, Bowhuntordie, Foxproinc are all awesome! Most tv's can play youtube now so just let those suckers cycle all day

Man can't even read a hunting site these days without being reminded how old my TV is!

I liked Uncharted and I'm enjoying Meateater, about half way through season 3 now, not in a big hurry to watch it all as I really haven't found many hunting shows that I enjoy. Glad this was posted gives me a couple more to check out.

tuner
12-19-2015, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=IslandBC;1726444]Just a heads up, when you get sick of all the rerunning TV hunting shows go to youtube! subscribe to a channel.
Growingdeer, Bowhuntordie, Foxproinc are all awesome! Most tv's can play youtube now so just let those suckers cycle all day[/QUOTE
Yup, in fact the amateur stuff is sometimes preferable to the professional programs, which are mostly product placement adds. There is one Fellow from the island his YouTube handle is "anavidhunter" that puts out really good videos of his, and friends and families hunts, they are very straight forward, no macho bullshit, no pushing useless gadgets, just a sincere person who's love of hunting and the outdoors shine through. I really enjoy them.

BCHunterFSJ
12-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I HATE shows where deer are referred to as "He's a HAWG" or even worse, "What a TOAD". And there's LOTS of them!
A few that I DO like include any of Shockey's shows, any of the African ones (especially the one with Ivan Carter), Peterson's Hunting, and even Colorado Buck...

boxhitch
12-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Wish we had 'Limitless' with Theresa

Iltasyuko
12-20-2015, 12:03 PM
The Guide Life with Brad Fry. Like his calm down to earth style. Live 2 Hunt has some nice animals but Cody's over the top excitement / embellishment after a kill is just a bit too scripted and 'put on for the camera' at times.

tomahawk
12-20-2015, 12:27 PM
You obviously don't know who Brad Fry is!!!!

People sitting in a blind or stand overlooking a field for whitetail does not make good tv.

ajr5406
12-20-2015, 12:45 PM
The last Alaskans...

Heimo Korth rocks!..

x2^ that show rocks

mpotzold
01-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Wish we had 'Limitless' with Theresa

Theresa Vail illegally shot a second Alaska grizzly bear last May and conspired to cover up the violation. Cover up alone- one could be jailed for a year & a $10,000 fine. I thought she was supposed to be a markswoman.

The host/star of "Limitless with Theresa Vail," avoided jail time! Vail was sentenced Wednesday to one year probation, & a $750 fine!
http://www.hngn.com/articles/167936/20160109/theresa-vail-tv-host-pleads-guilty-illegal-bear-hunting-case.htm (http://www.hngn.com/articles/167936/20160109/theresa-vail-tv-host-pleads-guilty-illegal-bear-hunting-case.htm)

01-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Wild TV is becoming mundane........ Some of the shows are just poor and not quality at all. The repetition of the same commercial over and over, same audio breaks over and over, they must struggle for what to air. The filtering and bad selection of ethics eg.shooting with buildings or cars in the distance us hardly something for new Hunter to even speculate as ok. Getting real tired of same ol same ol, considering cancelling it. But shows like Live to hunt with Cody, and Canadian whitetail , Canada in the Rough, keep me hanging on ........ Using you tube more and more. Also the ads for Cabelas rather then Canadian stores and gear is troubling. Just my opinion.

tuner
01-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Theresa Vail illegally shot a second Alaska grizzly bear last May and conspired to cover up the violation. Cover up alone- one could be jailed for a year & a $10,000 fine. I thought she was supposed to be a markswoman.

The host/star of "Limitless with Theresa Vail," avoided jail time! Vail was sentenced Wednesday to one year probation, & a $750 fine!
http://www.hngn.com/articles/167936/20160109/theresa-vail-tv-host-pleads-guilty-illegal-bear-hunting-case.htm (http://www.hngn.com/articles/167936/20160109/theresa-vail-tv-host-pleads-guilty-illegal-bear-hunting-case.htm)

I wonder if the light sentence was the result of Theresa's hotness?

wicket
01-09-2016, 05:21 PM
anything with melissa bachman here too for the obvious reasons.... tall....brunette...crazy pretty eyes. About the only "outdoor personality" I would care to hunt with is Steve Rinella from meateater. Seems like the real deal who isnt trying to push sponsors down the viewers throats. I enjoy his podcast on youtube as well.

recoil
01-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Deadly passions is pretty good normally. The Edge, the Choice and No limits also not bad, and they often show real hunting not just shooting animals over bait on private land like the American shows.

The Boneyard is good for a laugh and its nice see hunters that can joke around once in a while and have fun. Would be cool if the "hotties" actually hunted and not just pose for the camera for a few seconds after commercials.

Lastcar
01-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Fresh Tracks and Own Your Own Adventures with Randy Newberg. You can find most seasons on Carbon TV for free.

http://www.carbontv.com/

M.Dean
01-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I wonder if the light sentence was the result of Theresa's hotness? Probation??? What a joke! I'd put her over my knees and spank her "Bare Bottom" until she cried! And, I'd give her a "Tongue Lashing" she'd never forget too! And after she spent 6 months under "House Arrest" at "My" house, about the last thing she'd want to do is go out and shoot another Grizz!!! Man, I'd pay good money to watch her bent over gutt'in a Bull Moose!

Eva_Hunts
01-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Probation??? What a joke! I'd put her over my knees and spank her "Bare Bottom" until she cried! And, I'd give her a "Tongue Lashing" she'd never forget too! And after she spent 6 months under "House Arrest" at "My" house, about the last thing she'd want to do is go out and shoot another Grizz!!! Man, I'd pay good money to watch her bent over gutt'in a Bull Moose!

tool......

Gateholio
01-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Wild TV is becoming mundane........ Some of the shows are just poor and not quality at all. The repetition of the same commercial over and over, same audio breaks over and over, they must struggle for what to air. The filtering and bad selection of ethics eg.shooting with buildings or cars in the distance us hardly something for new Hunter to even speculate as ok. Getting real tired of same ol same ol, considering cancelling it. But shows like Live to hunt with Cody, and Canadian whitetail , Canada in the Rough, keep me hanging on ........ Using you tube more and more. Also the ads for Cabelas rather then Canadian stores and gear is troubling. Just my opinion.

I wouldnt have it if it wasn't only $3/month

jacksondog
01-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Man can't even read a hunting site these days without being reminded how old my TV is!

I liked Uncharted and I'm enjoying Meateater, about half way through season 3 now, not in a big hurry to watch it all as I really haven't found many hunting shows that I enjoy. Glad this was posted gives me a couple more to check out.
Where are you guys watching meateater, I don't see it on wild tv.

M.Dean
01-10-2016, 09:02 PM
tool...... Was it the "Spanking" or "Gutt'in" the moose thing? Surely it couldn't have been the "house arrest" thing, or was it? ( no reply required")

markomoose
01-10-2016, 10:08 PM
LIVE 2 HUNT but these hunting shows gotta drop all the GOD stuff at the beginning and end of their programs.Not everyones cup of tea but why bitch it's a somewhat free country?? Cheers more tea please!

avadad
01-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Where are you guys watching meateater, I don't see it on wild tv.

You can watch some meateater on youtube

avadad
01-10-2016, 11:27 PM
x2^ that show rocks

X3^one of my new favourite shows!

avadad
01-10-2016, 11:28 PM
X3^one of my new favourite shows!

^The last alaskans….

kush
01-10-2016, 11:54 PM
Remi Warren from Solohunter has a new style show - Apex Predator

M.Dean
01-11-2016, 09:54 AM
So, you want to learn everything there is about "Outdoor Survival"? I seen a show last night called "Man Women Wild", boy oh boy did I learn alot! I didn't know that you "Can't" light a fire above 7000 feet? A burnt out hippy tried using a magnesium stick and striker to light a fire, well it simply can't be done he told me. Nope, not enough oxygen up this high he claimed, that's when I started yelling at him and was asked, by my Wife, to please go down stairs and play with my guns if I can't keep quiet! Who in hell thinks up this shi* and put's it on TV??? Then, this brain dead fool and his half witted girl partner try to catch some baby goats for food, the little goats are in loose rocks on a side hill and what does this a-hole do to catch one? He runs after it trying to grab the goat with his hands??? Lets see, maybe make a spear with the knife hanging off your belt, get above them and try to drop a big rock on top of the small ones, make a "Bolo" with 2 baseball sized rocks with about 3 feet of rope tied between them, make a "Sling" like David and Goliath! This guy would be better off cutting off his god dam arms one at a time and cooking them, there not doing a bit of good connected to his body!!! I'm going to reload more bullets and clean my rifles, again!