PDA

View Full Version : Looking for whole wolf and/or coyote carcasses in the GVRD - for science!

Barnes_270
12-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Hey there hunting bc'ers,

I'm looking for a few complete carcasses (skinned or not) of our favourite canid predators. Here's the deal - I'm a biology professor at a university, and I've been helping our staff build our collection of vertebrate specimens. So far I've donated deer and bears to the collection, and we'd like to add a wolf and a coyote.

Ideally the specimens would be taken with a broadside shot through the boiler room, and frozen whole soon after. Specimens with skull damage would not be suitable.

We would then use them for dissection for a vertebrate physiology/zoology course, and then prepare the skull and other bones to be used as specimens thereafter.

It may be possible to return the favour by cleaning a skull of another specimen in exchange. We maintain a population of dermestid beetles. Or maybe that bear skull you have in the freezer, or whatnot.

We would also be interested in donations of other species - moose, cougar, whitetail deer (doe and buck), or what have you. For animals requiring a tag we would take a photocopy of your hunting license and cancelled tag for our records to indicate the provenance of the specimen.

Please send me a PM if you're interested. I'm in the GVRD/Fraser Valley. Thanks guys & gals. Happy hunting!