PDA

View Full Version : This Is Good News_ Maybe

Vladimir Poutine
12-10-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm all over the wolf reg changes. I don't hunt G Bear but can this area take a tripling of the tags? My biggest question is how much will the GOs get. Thoughts?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/wolf-hunting-peace-region-1.3360160

180grainer
12-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I like how the comments section is stated as being moderated by the CBC, with all the comments then negative about the Grizzly hunt or wolf cull. Surely there would be at least one or two taking the other side of the trade. Of course after having to listen to the CBC this week conduct a pathetic interview with three American gun advocates and then quoting only listener responses criticising what was said by them, I shouldn't be surprised. The Collectivist Broadcasting Corporation is a state funded cesspool of uninquisitive journalistic whores who pedal their bile ad-nauseam for their State owned Master. I just can't express in strong enough terms how much I hate that ****ing Corporation......

Vladimir Poutine
12-10-2015, 08:58 PM
I like how the comments section is stated as being moderated by the CBC, with all the comments then negative about the Grizzly hunt or wolf cull. Surely there would be at least one or two taking the other side of the trade. Of course after having to listen to the CBC this week conduct a pathetic interview with three American gun advocates and then quoting only listener responses criticising what was said by them, I shouldn't be surprised. The Collectivist Broadcasting Corporation is a state funded cesspool of uninquisitive journalistic whores who pedal their bile ad-nauseam for their State owned Master.

There's quite a few in favour in the comments section.

180grainer
12-10-2015, 09:07 PM
I didn't read any.

boxhitch
12-10-2015, 09:12 PM
I didn't read any.No who's being selective ? )

Daybreak
12-10-2015, 09:17 PM
It seems like lip service to me. How many people will even have an opportunity to take down more than 3 wolves in one of the most remote areas of the province? And if they did, I don't think suddenly making it legal 365 changes anything if you know what I mean. Those opposed seem to think that this will spell the end for wolves forever. Just a bunch of platitudes designed to try to appease the hunters.

boxhitch
12-10-2015, 09:21 PM
The change won't benefit many, except those that are good at it and are trying to make a difference.

180grainer
12-10-2015, 09:23 PM
I also listened at around six this evening when they had this topic on. Who did they interview, some so called "scientist" from The Raincoast Conservation Society. Didn't hear anyone interviewed with a counter point. Although I didn't listen to the whole interview. Had to shut if off to listen to something a little more soothing.......like my CD of "nails on chalkboard" recording......

tuner
12-10-2015, 09:35 PM
This is going to create an absolute shit storm with the antis, sometimes I wonder if these ill timed liberal news releases are deliberate, something to deflect attention from their more nefarious dealings.

Cordillera
12-10-2015, 09:40 PM
This is being released now because all the reg changes are being released now. Its part of the regular consultation process. The reason this one gets attention is that it is a controversial topic.

keoke
12-10-2015, 10:25 PM
One comment was about encroachment being the cause of a decline in wild life. I pretty sure he thinks the peace river valley is a new suburb of poco.

40incher
12-10-2015, 10:47 PM
You're right, all the regulation changes are being released now ... although they are still supposed to be open for "consultation" on the FLNRO website (we call it the HATE website site although it has a slightly different acronym I believe).

The HATE website is almost impossible to access for the average non-computer geek hunter. Last go-round I finally faxed our family's comments to the Ministry so that our voice was heard ... didn't make a difference though as they just steamrolled the whole thing.

Hunters that care about the regulations in Skeena should be very concerned about the 400 meter restriction on Highway 37 as it will destroy much of the spring grizzly hunting in favor of bear "viewing" ... all disguised as a safety issue!! What a crock of shit ... there used to be a similar restriction years ago but it was abandoned on the advice of the C.O. Service because it just turned in to a big F.N.-only hunting area as they ignored the restriction. So Yeah ... let's reinvent the wheel and enable the unlicensed "hunters" while appeasing the so-called "non-consumptive users".

My suggestion would be to fire all the bureaucrats pushing this shit, but they are fully bulletproof it seems. Our bureaucracy loves dysfunction it seems!

So ... take a good look at the "proposed" changes and comment any way you can if you, like myself, can't access their bullshit website.

If not, we truly will become "California North".

12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
The way Crusty and company gave managed wildlife while in power and favouritism to big business ...... We already are California North.

The Liberals could care less fir the average resident if BC. But if your in there inner circle of friends with big money ..... It's buddy buddy all the way. Scratch our back, we will certainly scratch yours policy.

Brutal !

CT

bearvalley
12-10-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm all over the wolf reg changes. I don't hunt G Bear but can this area take a tripling of the tags? My biggest question is how much will the GOs get. Thoughts?

What it comes down to is predation of wolves & bears has been identified as a contributer to declining moose & caribou numbers in the north.

The good news is that some of the northern FN's are traditionally Grizzly bear hunters and recognize that both bear & wolf numbers need to be managed.
They've gone as far as to say that even if government bends and shuts down the Grizzly bear hunt they will "exercise their constitutional right and hunt Grizzly bears for traditional and ceremonial purposes" if that's what it takes to keep Grizzly predation in check.
It won't be so easy for the Anti Grizzly hunt "biologists" to enlist their FN support up there.

On the Guide Outfitter question;
The GOs are on quota.
They will get no more.
The resident harvest is not being achieved therefore more authorizations will be available so that hopefully the resident Grizzly harvest share increases.

btridge
12-11-2015, 09:56 AM
The GO's get 40% of the target harvest.

bearvalley
12-11-2015, 10:54 AM
The GO's get 40% of the target harvest.

The harvest target is already set.
Guides on quota...resident hunters on LEH for grizzly bears province wide.
Resident LEH authorizations are being increased in 7-52 to enable achievement of the targeted resident harvest.
GO's see no increase in quota.
Its really pretty simple.

btridge
12-11-2015, 03:37 PM
The harvest target is already set.
Guides on quota...resident hunters on LEH for grizzly bears province wide.
Resident LEH authorizations are being increased in 7-52 to enable achievement of the targeted resident harvest.
GO's see no increase in quota.
Its really pretty simple.
Like I said, GO's get 40% of the targeted harvest of Grizzly bears. If the ministry changes the targeted harvest for the total number of bears allocated, the GO's will get 40% of that allocation. It's really pretty simple.

bearvalley
12-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Like I said, GO's get 40% of the targeted harvest of Grizzly bears. If the ministry changes the targeted harvest for the total number of bears allocated, the GO's will get 40% of that allocation. It's really pretty simple.

Like I said, the allocated harvest number of Grizzly bears in 7-52 has been set for both GO quota and resident LEH.
The harvest target is not close to being realized.
More LEH authorizations will be awarded if this regulation change goes through in an effort to help residents harvest their allocated share.
The GO's 40% of the allocation is already set by quota.
It's really pretty simple.
If im wrong I'll buy you a beer.