PDA

View Full Version : outdoor edge Razor series

rocksteady
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
http://www.outdooredge.com/Razor-Blaze-p/razor-blaze.htm

My buddies swear by Piranha but complain that blades break. Bought this on a whim at CT... on sale for $45... will have to wait til next year to do a review, unless I pack it during predator season...

Beefier than the Piranha, so hope no blade break..

Anyone else use and can give testimonial on it?

bridger
12-04-2015, 06:40 PM
http://www.outdooredge.com/Razor-Blaze-p/razor-blaze.htm

My buddies swear by Piranha but complain that blades break. Bought this on a whim at CT... on sale for $45... will have to wait til next year to do a review, unless I pack it during predator season...

Beefier than the Piranha, so hope no blade break..

Anyone else use and can give testimonial on it?

Bought two dozen to give to clients plus one for myself. Seem strong enough and the blades change easily, but the blades don't seem to hold an edge all that well.

rocksteady
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM
K... thanks for the info

todbartell
12-04-2015, 07:58 PM
we sell lots of them. Very few issues or complaints. Outdoor Edge is a great company!

Sofa King
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM
we sell lots of them. Very few issues or complaints. Outdoor Edge is a great company!

this.
love my outdoor edge knife.

moosinaround
12-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Meat and hair get caught up on the top part of the blade, where the razor goes into the ridged part of the blade. Blades are sharp, but don't hold an edge very long. Moosin

Trekker
12-04-2015, 08:16 PM
quartered and skinned a moose with mine this year, one blade. worked great.

Sleep Robber
12-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm an addict, I have both........along with the other few dozen knives around here.

Fozzie
12-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Its the only knife I've used all year. I have deboned 5 deer with it so far this year (it seems I'm the only one in my hunting group that knows how to debone in the field). Like others have stated, hair gets caught up a bit in the channel that the blade slides into and
it would be nice if the edge stood up a little longer. After deboning each deer when arriving home, I've touched up the blade with a stone. I changed out the blade after 3 deer.

srupp
12-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Hmm Tim uses this knife..did an entire moose, then a deer..seems good.
Srupp

sparkes3
12-05-2015, 05:11 PM
I like mine

beat the crap out of it for three weeks at work (cutting big ropes to sharpening pencils) its now my belt knife but my folding gerber is still in my pocket for when I need something with a stronger blade.

Fred1
12-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Ive had one for two years. Great knife! You could cape with it if you had too, but the Havalons are better for this. (Over all a way better knife than the Havalon). Cant really pry on stuff with them but that's ok. You can sharpen them up prety good with a crockstick. 4 moose, a sheep, a grizzly and 5 deer - same blade. Get one - you will like them!

Fisher-Dude
12-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Bought one this year and was really impressed.

One blade easily guts, cleans, trims and skins a deer and is still sharp enough for things like cleaning off a skull plate.

I like the OE better than the flimsy Havalon for blade size and strength.

Easy to clean - remove blade, soak it, bit of a scrub with some dish soap, rinse it with hot water, done.

For <$3 for a replacement blade, I don't know how much I'll be farting around with sharpening traditional knives any longer.

Oh yeah, they cut fingers pretty easily too! :oops:

rocksteady
12-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Loaned my x bow to couple old guys that I am friends with. They each took a doe a few weeks ago, but I did the skinning once they got them home...

Gotta admit, being an avid hunter, I think newbies could get by with a Swing blade, Razor Lite and a Pihranna sharpener for a lifetime of use...

i love ice having a lot of knives including a custom made, but the new ones are blowing my mind

Caveman
12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
I have a couple of the Piranta knives, but picked up a Barracuda as well for a bigger, beefier blade as well as the optional fillet blade. Really like it for bigger jobs

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
01-13-2016, 07:35 PM
i used the Havalon Knife for the first time this year , a friends . I liked it . It was a little hard to clean tho . i will pick one up when i get the chance .

srupp
01-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Hmmm GOLDEN TOP SNIPER..please contact steven Rupp...several PMS sent.
Steven