PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly attack - be safe guys

Xenomorph
12-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Not hunters, but there you have it, another grizzly attack

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/grizzly-attacks-climber-along-icefields-parkway-in-banff-national-park

Daka
12-04-2015, 12:09 AM
How many attacks was there,this year...

Xenomorph
12-04-2015, 12:53 AM
How many attacks was there,this year...

Way too many, and if I remember correctly none of the Banff cubs survived this spring. Way too many big old boars.

Mtn Wonderer
12-04-2015, 01:34 AM
Did you see the location of this attack way up on a ledge in the middle of a huge rock face, they were ice climbers setting and approach for the next day.

They had to Rappel off after the attack, so knarly!!!!

Here's a link to whole story http://nickbullock-climber.co.uk/2015/12/01/from-dawn-to-dusk-from-dusk-to-dawn/

Looking_4_Jerky
12-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Holy epic climbs! Given that the guy got out relatively unscathed, we can say all is well that ends well, and that Canada did not disappoint in the supply of excitement, or at least terror, which is really very close :)

Backwoods
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Wow attack count still climbing before the year is over!! And that's only reported attacks, this season I ran into a group of hunters that had shot an elk and got charged off their elk, the grizz litterly ran right through both guys gutting the elk and knocked them on their a$$'s and then it was snarling at them and they backed off and got out of there un harmed, luckey only needed a new pair of underwear. They went back with their group of hunters to try and recover their bull but the grizz had barried their bull, pissed all over the meat and it was claimed!!! And these fellas said they weren't reporting it

Xenomorph
12-04-2015, 09:14 AM
One can hope that fall LEH at least comes back and some of these asshole boars are going to be put down. GOS grizzly would be like me asking to win the lottery this weekend :))

Seriously though, your friends should have reported it. The more info like this comes to the big wiggs the higher the chances they'll clue in and make the suggested changes by all important stakeholders. When I saw the pic of the ledge the attack occurred on I cringed, one hell of a good friend and amazing climber to get him back to safety.

Backwoods
12-04-2015, 10:23 AM
One can hope that fall LEH at least comes back and some of these asshole boars are going to be put down. GOS grizzly would be like me asking to win the lottery this weekend :))

Seriously though, your friends should have reported it. The more info like this comes to the big wiggs the higher the chances they'll clue in and make the suggested changes by all important stakeholders. When I saw the pic of the ledge the attack occurred on I cringed, one hell of a good friend and amazing climber to get him back to safety.
Yes I agree they should've reported it, they weren't friends of mine I just happen to come across a few guys out of the group and they had told me about what happend

thepitchedlink
12-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Wow, that is one incredible story.....what a crazy season...

drakfero
12-07-2015, 09:03 PM
So many this year , there should be more LEH for fall..

kyleklassen
12-07-2015, 09:12 PM
have they been attacking in tunkwa lately too?

REMINGTON JIM
12-07-2015, 09:22 PM
have they been attacking in tunkwa lately too?

I think just the Squatchs there kyle ! :mrgreen: lol RJ

hunter1947
12-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Looks like we need more LEH draws within some areas I know of some regions that are open for GOS in the regs to hunt prey there has never been an LEH draw its about time they opened these area up
for a draw or two as for more draws in populated grizzly bear regions..