PDA

View Full Version : Spitting feathers

Gope
11-30-2015, 10:11 PM
When you shoot a bird, and are greeted with a big poof of feathers and the bird flys off into the distance keeping pace with his flock buddies.

Had two ducks today leave me a nice fluff ball and one duck yesterday, are these ducks wounded? or do they shake it off and keep on quacking?

I have been shooting BBs, picked up some 2s today to try and up the lead in the air.

longshot
12-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Sounds like an @$$ shot, put a little more lead on em and see how it goes. I prefer a fast shot for this reason, over the decoys it doesn't matter but for passing through its a bit easier with less lead

Foxton Gundogs
12-06-2015, 02:47 PM
When you shoot a bird, and are greeted with a big poof of feathers and the bird flys off into the distance keeping pace with his flock buddies.

Had two ducks today leave me a nice fluff ball and one duck yesterday, are these ducks wounded? or do they shake it off and keep on quacking?

I have been shooting BBs, picked up some 2s today to try and up the lead in the air.
BBs are overkill I shoot 3s for ducks and yep try for a little more lead

Cdn-Redneck
12-06-2015, 03:11 PM
I had one yesterday, I shot it,it fell, dog ran out brought it back but dropped it at the blind door and the damn thing picked up and flew away. Today i re-inforrced the hold command upon her return.

The Hermit
12-13-2015, 09:33 PM
I got a double header on Teal today. One shot two birds splashed down hard. Within a few minutes we had another large flock come in and started shooting again. Went out into the back pond to find the two teal and only one was there... really surprised at that!