PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunting this weekend?

caves16
11-30-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm interested in going bow hunting this weekend for deer, maybe region 8? Anyone else thinking of getting out and want to join in? I hunted hard this season and am pretty frustrated, but keep dreaming of rattling in some WT for my freezer this weekend.
I was considering leaving town Thursday eve and returning on Sunday. Open to other areas than reg 8, its just I'm most familiar with 8.

Xenomorph
11-30-2015, 12:06 PM
I think you should take some time off work, call in sick, last 10 days of the season. Go out, glass, walk, glass, camp out or in truck and enjoy the clean crisp air.
That's what I'm about to do, weekend will be bananas

caves16
11-30-2015, 12:14 PM
More hunters than deer? That's what I was afraid of. I can't take any time off or call in sick - I'm my boss and I can tell when I'm lying. I'll be busted for sure!
Not afraid to sleep in the bush in my truck, even in this weather. I really want a WT this year! Maybe call a couple farmers I know and ask if I can clear their field? haha

sharp shooter
11-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Good luck to you, We are head to reg 3 for the last crack at a wall hanger mulie :) it has being a get year for us for deer this year, my son got 2 deer this year (14) my two daughters got a deer each (both 12) and I got a deer as well. Best year we have had so far for deer :)
good luck this weekend, hope you find what you're looking for :)

Rich_D
11-30-2015, 09:49 PM
I have a big dilemma this weekend. Last weekend to find a WT Buck and Saturday is also my wife's birthday.

Decisions, decisions.

HarryToolips
11-30-2015, 10:13 PM
I have a big dilemma this weekend. Last weekend to find a WT Buck and Saturday is also my wife's birthday.

Decisions, decisions.
Easy choice...enjoy your WT buck hunt....

HarryToolips
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Hey caves if I were you I'd get out with the rifle til dec 10th in region 3....and don't be frustrated cause you didn't shoot something..that's hunting, getting something is just a bonus...