PDA

View Full Version : New Slogan

gcreek
11-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I've come up with a new slogan for our Native neighbors to go along with the "Respect The Cow Moose" posters than Dan Simmons came up with.

Save a moose
Shoot a shitter.

Plenty of wild horses out there boys........

Omenator
11-28-2015, 06:13 PM
I heard 3rd hand that the feral horses are fair game, but I sure ain't shooting one.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Need to make them on par with the GS OVIS Slam. The NA Equine Slam. The GO's that are hurting can supplement their incomes.

whitetailsheds
11-28-2015, 07:13 PM
The NA Equine Slam..

LOL......exciting Saturday nite I see Brent!! Just like mine!!

Dannybuoy
11-28-2015, 07:52 PM
I heard 3rd hand that the feral horses are fair game, but I sure ain't shooting one.

because you are a vegan ? or ?

two-feet
11-28-2015, 10:16 PM
I would happily hunt and eat horse.

I was recently offered a 2000 lb percheron that had gone lame, i was drooling over the thought of huge backstraps but the wifey was not as keen...

Husky7mm
11-29-2015, 08:34 AM
I bet they would taste pretty good, they graze simalar to an elk. I dont think I would mount it, lol.

Xenomorph
11-30-2015, 02:11 AM
I would happily hunt and eat horse.

I was recently offered a 2000 lb percheron that had gone lame, i was drooling over the thought of huge backstraps but the wifey was not as keen...

You missed on some good quality red meat :)

tadpole
11-30-2015, 06:42 AM
They taste similar to Elk. Very popular fare in France.

Knute
11-30-2015, 06:54 AM
My brother was stationed in France for quite a few years and ate horse during that time. After he and his wife got over the thought of eating Flicka it became quite normal.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/wzSj.aR5u7Ekz2GKyn5Wnw--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NzYzO3E9OTU7dz0xMzUy/http://theprimalchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/eat-a-horse.jpg

bearvalley
11-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Right on boys.
Let's go around putting bullets in every horse we run across in the bush.
Make sure your packing a pocket full of cash for the times that one gets killed that isn't feral and does have the right to be out there.
I'm in complete agreement that there are to many "wild horses" in some areas but a "Save a moose/Shot a shitter" campaign carried out by the hunting community isn't going to fly.

Goose
11-30-2015, 03:16 PM
how about a zero-point beef season then?

bearvalley
11-30-2015, 03:53 PM

That's brilliant.
Like they say...."you can't fix stupid"....

Xenomorph
11-30-2015, 04:40 PM

That's brilliant.
Like they say...."you can't fix stupid"....

Ah! My belly hurts! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Foxton Gundogs
11-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Right on boys.
Let's go around putting bullets in every horse we run across in the bush.
Make sure your packing a pocket full of cash for the times that one gets killed that isn't feral and does have the right to be out there.
I'm in complete agreement that there are to many "wild horses" in some areas but a "Save a moose/Shot a shitter" campaign carried out by the hunting community isn't going to fly.

Exactly, well said BV. If you think the G bear hunt gets bad press against hunters try posting up some pix posing with the horse you just shot.

gcreek
11-30-2015, 07:36 PM
There are over 3000 "wild" horses running free in the Chilcotin. They compete with permitted livestock and wildlife for feed and habitat.

Maybe a few of you enjoy viewing a bunch of basically worthless shitters. A lot of others, including me, don't.

Bearvalley, any horses left on open range between Dec 31 and May 15 or June 1 are there in trespass. i thought you knew the range act.....

Drillbit
11-30-2015, 08:23 PM
There are over 3000 "wild" horses running free in the Chilcotin. They compete with permitted livestock and wildlife for feed and habitat.

Maybe a few of you enjoy viewing a bunch of basically worthless shitters. A lot of others, including me, don't.

Bearvalley, any horses left on open range between Dec 31 and May 15 or June 1 are there in trespass. i thought you knew the range act.....

I'm in.

I'm even insured.

scoutlt1
11-30-2015, 08:26 PM
And really.....who here hasn't enjoyed those tasty meatballs at IKEA.

Damn cheap too!

tadpole
11-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Feral horses is a big problem in BC. They cause huge habitat destruction in a places they don't belong. They are farm or ranch animals. Unfortunately or fortunately we live in BC and horses are a pets, just like a dogs. Could you imagine eating your pup?
Problem should be solved. If not culled, the should be trapped and re-homed.

Very tasty animals by the way:tongue:

bearvalley
11-30-2015, 08:46 PM

Probably know the range act as well as anyone.
Also know the wildlife act.
I agree there's to many "wild horses" in places.
Show me where there's a season to shoot them.
Defining if livestock is in trespass or not is pretty hard for the average hunter.

gcreek
11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Probably know the range act as well as anyone.
Also know the wildlife act.
I agree there's to many "wild horses" in places.
Show me where there's a season to shoot them.
Defining if livestock is in trespass or not is pretty hard for the average hunter.

Don't doubt the last line one bit. Maybe you should read my original post again. It was mainly directed at the Native boys that kill 30, 40 or 80 moose a year to line their own pockets. A lot of their customers likely wouldn't know the difference. They also claim ownership of said shitters.

bearvalley
11-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Don't doubt the last line one bit. Maybe you should read my original post again. It was mainly directed at the Native boys that kill 30, 40 or 80 moose a year to line their own pockets. A lot of their customers likely wouldn't know the difference. They also claim ownership of said shitters.

I read your original post Dave and understood your message.
That said I highly doubt that 90% of the other readers on here did. A lot of people have a problem with any livestock on crown land and they could care less if it's a horse or a cow.
I don't think you would like a "zero point beef season" to be implemented on your range as soon as your tenure off date comes up in the fall. I know it wouldn't set well with me.
It's to bad a few Chilcotin cowboys got old or passed on....the wild horses out there used to be managed.

Goose
12-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Sorry bearvalley, I was just joking around, no harm intended
Cheers