PDA

View Full Version : On Line LEH Confirmed

chinook
11-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Looks like the online LEH Registration is a go. Glad to see this finally happening.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/

limit time
11-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Cool ? I hope it works...

tinhorse
11-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe I'll finally get a draw!

Beaverhunter
11-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Hopefully this will make for an earlier draw!

Salty
11-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Maybe I'll finally get a draw!

Maybe and good luck but I'm thinking the on line convenience factor will prolly mean for more LEH sales meaning higher odds. Not that I'm bitching they should have done this long ago.

Coachman
11-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Nice to see that I can still use all tbe cards I bought last year one last time for fall 2016

Bear Chaser
11-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Finally. ��

goinghunting
11-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Now lets hope we adopt a priority system.

Wentrot
11-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Can it be hacked? Lol

300rum700
11-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Now lets hope we adopt a priority system.

No thanks.

patbrennan
11-27-2015, 09:25 AM
We are way overdue to have a system that lets you build up priority points rather than the lotto it is now. There should be no reason the draw can't be run a heck of a lot earlier also once the new system is online.

monasheemountainman
11-27-2015, 09:43 AM
to hell with the priority points, Ive been too lucky! I don't want to know I have to wait x years to pull something!

panhead
11-27-2015, 09:48 AM
I guess that means I can't stuff the envelope with cash anymore ...:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people dont’ see the light, til it shines thru bullet holes…

HCH
11-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Great News

goinghunting
11-27-2015, 10:04 PM
No thanks.

Why wouldnt you want a priority system?

300rum700
11-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Why wouldnt you want a priority system?

Because you always have a chance at drawing. A priority point system would be good for species that are leh only ie bison, grizzly and dall sheep but we have such a big gos in BC that we can't really use anyone else's model. Most states/provinces that have a priority point system because there is no gos and there is zero chance of hunting unless you get drawn. BC residents have it way better simply because they can buy a tag and go hunting, you may have to travel but that's a small price to pay. Ask anyone saving points every year in the states if they would rather travel 8 hours or wait 10 years to draw a tag. People don't know how good they have it.

monasheemountainman
11-28-2015, 12:35 AM
^ yup!!! Agree 100% priority would be good for Rosie's, grizz, bison, and dalls... Moose you get reduced odds for 3 years after being drawn, but at least you still have a chance, if not drive to gos and have atter

tinpusher
11-28-2015, 01:13 AM
IMHO the lottery system is archaic and we are long overdue for a points system. Hopefully the new on line LEH is the first step towards a priority based system. For me not getting a draw would be much easier to take if each years failure was banking towards better and better odds for subsequent years.

Ozone
11-28-2015, 04:22 AM
Glad to hear it's going to be online. Haven't won in a long time, but still don't want priority draws.

goinghunting
11-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Because you always have a chance at drawing. A priority point system would be good for species that are leh only ie bison, grizzly and dall sheep but we have such a big gos in BC that we can't really use anyone else's model. Most states/provinces that have a priority point system because there is no gos and there is zero chance of hunting unless you get drawn. BC residents have it way better simply because they can buy a tag and go hunting, you may have to travel but that's a small price to pay. Ask anyone saving points every year in the states if they would rather travel 8 hours or wait 10 years to draw a tag. People don't know how good they have it.

I agree with you but what does that have to do with a priority leh system?

So if you dont draw you can go hunt our unreal GOS hunting but the leh system becomes fair. Do you not think that someone whos been putting in for 40 yrs deserves the opportunity to hunt a leh hunt over someone putting in for there first time?

hunter1947
11-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Very interesting will have to see how all goes in 2016 if they do decide to go this route ??.

Wentrot
11-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Very interesting will have to see how all goes in 2016 if they do decide to go this route ??.

It's fully happening this time

Bowzone_Mikey
11-28-2015, 08:29 AM
you know its funny

Alberta has had an online system for quite some time ... yet their draw results usually comes out after BCs ... mind you their submission dates close later than ours

so I have to ask the question .... were people pissed off at the "lateness' in the year that results come back by or the overall time of waiting between cutoff and results day???
I honestly think its the latter

Caribou_lou
11-28-2015, 08:54 AM
you know its funny

Alberta has had an online system for quite some time ... yet their draw results usually comes out after BCs ... mind you their submission dates close later than ours

so I have to ask the question .... were people pissed off at the "lateness' in the year that results come back by or the overall time of waiting between cutoff and results day???
I honestly think its the latter

People were upset for just those very reasons. Same story every year. This will speed the process up I'm sure. Draws out early June.

MB_Boy
11-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Lateness. Many have to look ahead to booking vacation time.

Plus....it is 2015!!!! This should have been transitioned to online years ago. I just hope they roll out a software platform that has been thoroughly tested and proven.

Bowzone_Mikey
11-28-2015, 09:12 AM
People were upset for just those very reasons. Same story every year. This will speed the process up I'm sure. Draws out early June.

thats my point ... Albertas Cutoff is last week in june .. results are out first week of July

I dont see alot of people upset there about the lateness of the year the results are out ...

thats why i think people here in BC are upset ... mostly because of the elapsed time

Honestly I think if we have to have draws in by December and out by feb people would still be upset

the holidays thing doesnt fly ... most large scale places you submit your holidays by dec 31 to be taken starting Jan 1

MB_Boy
11-28-2015, 11:46 AM
... most large scale places you submit your holidays by dec 31 to be taken starting Jan 1

Not in MANY, MANY people's world. "Most" is making a pretty broad statement.

300rum700
11-28-2015, 11:55 AM
I agree with you but what does that have to do with a priority leh system?

So if you dont draw you can go hunt our unreal GOS hunting but the leh system becomes fair. Do you not think that someone whos been putting in for 40 yrs deserves the opportunity to hunt a leh hunt over someone putting in for there first time?

No I really don't. Someone putting in for 40 years should have received several draws if they aren't putting in for high odds hunts and if they are, well they know what they are putting in for when they fill out the card and shouldn't be surprised when they don't get a 25:1 moose draw. Yes I realize there exceptions and guys aren't drawing normal odds hunts but from what I've seen draw success is fairly consistant with the odds.

300rum700
11-28-2015, 11:59 AM
the holidays thing doesnt fly ... most large scale places you submit your holidays by dec 31 to be taken starting Jan 1[/QUOTE]

Great. Let's make the draw Dec 15. Booking vacation is a huge issue for a LOT of people.

Jack Russell
11-28-2015, 01:26 PM
No I really don't. Someone putting in for 40 years should have received several draws if they aren't putting in for high odds hunts and if they are, well they know what they are putting in for when they fill out the card and shouldn't be surprised when they don't get a 25:1 moose draw. Yes I realize there exceptions and guys aren't drawing normal odds hunts but from what I've seen draw success is fairly consistant with the odds.
Got to compare apples to apples. A hunter that applies for a specific draw for 40 years should have more priority over another hunter entering the exact same draw for the first time. Alberta has it right, BC is in the stone age when it comes to LEH, jmo.

steveo
11-28-2015, 02:48 PM
I am not an expert on the Alberta model but from my understanding if you are following your credit in the draw you can tell when you will be drawn so even if the draw is late booking time off is not an issue, am I right?

Geo.338
11-28-2015, 03:25 PM
This is good for convenience purposes for entering the draw , and they announced that there will be priority points for Rosie elk .
After 500 years you will have enough points to hunt Rosie elk . What a great system Alberta has .

Bowzone_Mikey
11-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Not in MANY, MANY people's world. "Most" is making a pretty broad statement.
Every Health facility
alot of Pulp mills
alot of saw mills

Few manufacturing facilities I know

Most accruals hapen from Jan 1 to dec 31(some exeptions)

even the ones that Dont have to have Holidays submitted by dec 31 for the following year ... many have to have them submitted by the end of march for the new fiscal year ... still not enough time for a May cutoff

some people are lucky to be able to book as they come up ... Thats not the norm

Bowzone_Mikey
11-28-2015, 03:44 PM
the holidays thing doesnt fly ... most large scale places you submit your holidays by dec 31 to be taken starting Jan 1

Great. Let's make the draw Dec 15. Booking vacation is a huge issue for a LOT of people.[/QUOTE]

works for me ... I know what I wanna put in for next year

steveo
11-28-2015, 03:47 PM
I don't think a priority system would work for a highly subscribed hunt like a rosie elk hunt but perhaps a lower odds hunt maybe under 9:1 like some moose, deer and elk hunts. How about some shared hunts for elk and even deer, seems to work for moose.

Omenator
11-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Bout time!
Hopefully unlike most gov't rollouts this one goes smoothly...
Now I wonder how much longer till the hunting licence goes online?

albravo2
11-28-2015, 06:57 PM
I really hope this is a computerized system from start to finish, not an online method of submitting the cards that are then read and drawn by government workers like they are now.

A computerized system from A to Z will be faster and will eliminate any possibility of corruption.

Caribou_lou
11-28-2015, 07:03 PM
thats my point ... Albertas Cutoff is last week in june .. results are out first week of July.

Honestly I think if we have to have draws in by December and out by feb people would still be upset

I mean we are dealing with Government here. So everything takes that much longer. But why are hunters applying for entries for a May deadline? Why are we not applying in early April? As far as I know the latest LEH hunts in BC end in February? Get their poop in a group and go over collected data ASAP. Even the LEH booklets that are sent out in May are "subject to change". How long does it take?

coach
11-28-2015, 07:21 PM
I really hope this is a computerized system from start to finish, not an online method of submitting the cards that are then read and drawn by government workers like they are now.

A computerized system from A to Z will be faster and will eliminate any possibility of corruption.

We got to see the new system at the BCWF convention last spring. It looked very user friendly and pretty much impossible for a person to screw up. A map even shows up so you can confirm you are putting in for the right area. It will also be impossible to mess up and put two entries in for the same species. I firmly believe guys will be happy when they see it.

Jelvis
11-28-2015, 10:05 PM
This will help the government make more revenue. Moocho more customers from every corner of BC trying for Lucky LEH draws on line.
Save money on papers and mail stamps and no lost leh applications carried around from your hand to the postal box and all the way to the Eye lind -- BC Rocks
Jel -- Our wildlife service at it's dynamic best, an A+ for the lottery system staff --

Salty
11-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Jel you need to start a region by region thread on best LEH bets for BC and then we can have one screen of Jel-tips and one screen of Gooverment LEH online and bing bang boom POW! The credit card will be smoking and we can all buy lots and lots of LEH chances and in the right places *kewl* This would be uber I can't wait :)

Jelvis
11-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Salty guy hey nice to see your posts dude. I think you could give a good report in your areas too eh? Haha maybe you start something hay maybe brah.
hunter47 and many many more ski. HBC has the power of knowledge and hunting wisdom second to nun. Areas, regions, mu's and hotspots oh oh. I don't need any of your honey holes.
Haha ok. lol.
Jelly ( the Rocks step brah ) The Rock says, " Know your role." Salty on both sides