PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a 10' Flat Bottom and o/b jet?

gearjunkierob
05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey guys,

Figured I would turn to you folks for some advice. My Search and Rescue team is contemplating purchasing a 10' flat bottom boat with a 9.9 outboard jet for running in smaller rivers and flooded areas. Any advice on where to pick one up in the Lower Mainland? Does TNT Marine carry anything like this?

Thanks

Rob

Kechika
05-12-2007, 09:02 PM
You wont find a Jet smaller than 25 I belive.

gearjunkierob
05-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Is that because they have less power than a prop so you need the bigger engine?

Dirty
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Is that because they have less power than a prop so you need the bigger engine?
Yes, talk to Thomas at TNT he has welded aluminum boats between 8-12ft that would suit a jet outboard.

boxhitch
05-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Our SAR has used an inflatable with a OB jet, for years. great for small waters and rivers, not so good on lakes.

Poguebilt
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hi-jack the post.

Glad to see some Search and Rescue members out there!

Im with Cranbrook SAR - Highway Rescue and Ground Search.

mike
05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Not exactly what your looking for but take a look on craigslist vancouver, i just saw a aluminum with a outboard jet for aroung 8000

Jetboater
05-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Rob we can hook you up pretty quickly we are in the process of building a 12 fter with a 25 Jet for my younger brother, the boat will be super stabil being 55 inches across... we are at the shop tommorow give me a call, my younger brothers should be ready in a week or so

gearjunkierob
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. It's good to know some other SAR folks are on Hunting BC. Our team already has the big boats covered (26' Zodiac with twin 150's) so now we are looking for something nice and light with a really shallow draft for our smaller waterways. We would need to be able to drag it up and over obstacles or get out and pull over shallows where neccesarry. I'll def swing by TNT since it sounds like you have the goods we need.

Vernon and Cranbrook SAR guys...hope to see you out at SAREX 2007 this fall!

Pete
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi Rob
Our SAR swiftwater team has 2 boats, one being a 19ft Harbour craft with a 260 in board jet the other is a 12 ft Zodiac with 50 horse jet backed by a 25 hp outboard. We use the zodiac in shallow water as a recovery platform as it is very stable and has enough floatation that you can have a team on board as well as a stretcher if need be.
We are blessed to have a manufature here that also is very sypathetic to SAR and will sit and discuss boats with you. Feel free to contact me and I can provide you with more details.
cheers
Pete

gearjunkierob
05-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks Pete. We are always looking for different options. PM sent. The Spratleys out at TNT Marine sure look nice though!

Rob