PDA

View Full Version : Harrison day trip

pupper
05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I went out on the west side of harrison today

in the morning no people, no sign...

went further in hiked around in some less traveled areas and found some concentrated bear scat in a small area but no bruin...

I will possibly go back but it takes the fun out of it when at noon the place turns into a recrational 4x4 and dirt bike convention.

maybe I will try hope

is that a little more secluded?

bruin
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I only go into that plac on weekdays when I can, I totally agree it is a zoo. Have to hunt hard to find places with sign in it. Someone told me you can't make it through to lilloet lake anymore, is that true

rollingrock
05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I only go into that plac on weekdays when I can, I totally agree it is a zoo. Have to hunt hard to find places with sign in it. Someone told me you can't make it through to lilloet lake anymore, is that true

Yes you can! The road from Pemby to Lilloet Lake has been regularly maintained. Someone just did a trip all the way through.

To make a productive trip to Harrison West you can only do it during weekdays for sure. Too many junkies there!:mad:

Phil
05-13-2007, 01:00 AM
I was out in Harrison last weekend and found it to be to busy too. Just when we thought we had a secluded logging cut to glass, some a-hole ripped up in his dirt bike to play 20 questions. Too much garbage all over. Saw lots of sign though. No bears, no sasquatch:sad: