PDA

View Full Version : BC Extreme Huntress 2016

BCExtremeHuntress
11-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself to everyone on this forum.
My name is Shannon Lansdowne, I am a avid hunter/ Fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I am currently a finalist in the Extreme Huntress Contest and I am looking for everyones support through the contest. It is currently in the voting stage and although I preformed very well in Texas in terms of skills and showing my hunting abilities, it is now down to the good ol' voting.

Please if you have a moment send me a reply and I would love to talk hunting, fishing or any other outdoor related topic. Also please don't hesitate to send me messages regarding the contest as I am happy to inform you further.

You can vote twice a week each Monday at 830 EST and Thursday at 830 EST with the release of each new episode.www.extremehuntress. com/vote/ (http://www.extremehuntress.com/vote/) Please also take a minute to watch the episodes from my time in Texas atwww.extremehuntress. com/watch/ (http://www.extremehuntress.com/watch/).

BCExtremeHuntress
11-25-2015, 05:17 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5562&stc=1

rocksteady
11-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Been watching it for several weeks now. Good luck

ncurrie
11-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Good luck Shannon!

hare_assassin
11-25-2015, 08:12 PM
The comments on the other forum are something to pay attention to.

Nikita came and got some votes and then never came back. I hope you have the fortitude to continue visiting even after you realize what a ****in' gong show this place is.

Good luck on the show. You and the other women are role models for my girls and others like them.

czechsanchez
11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm all for female hunters, but IMO this perpetuates the whole idea that girls should cake themselves in makeup and take selfies while hunting, it makes hunters look like functioning ******s.

Gateholio
11-25-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm all for female hunters, but IMO this perpetuates the whole idea that girls should cake themselves in makeup and take selfies while hunting, it makes hunters look like functioning ******s.

If you want to discuss makeup and selfies, please start your own thread to discuss it.

markt308
11-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Hey Shannon!! welcome to HBC. This page may be a gong show from time to time but it's wayyyy more respectful and IMO full of actual real hunters in comparison. I know you will have lots of stuff to add/contribute. good luck with the show. I have been voting for ya!

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 10:43 AM
HI Guys .. I am ok with Gong shows .. it is entertaining reading some of these comments. Thank you for your support, Also, while on camera I put some makeup on .. but when I am off I am OH natural... no girl wants to look ugly on camera - hunter or not :)
Thank you to everyone for your votes ... If you have a moment .. please share on other forums and social media, in the last hour the girl i need to beat went up 200 votes ... ! I dont need first place to win the title .. just third in voting :) Thanks guys. www.extremehuntress.com/vote/

Xenomorph
11-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Voted, good luck Shannon.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Thank you, Please stick with me on this as voting is twice a week and I could use your support .. i will post reminders on this thread :)

Voted, good luck Shannon.

BigfishCanada
11-26-2015, 12:16 PM
I hate to be showel, but I do believe hunting skills and hotness associates this to who the winner should be. I want a sexy confident women which loves the outdoors to win!! Lets see some pics!

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone .. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.... please share and spread the word to vote for me .. the other huntress passed me and I need votes before 530 PST ... thank you everyone www.extremehuntress.com/vote/

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 01:26 PM
p.s i have tried to post pics on this site but it has a limit on the size of the file ... you are welcome to creep my facebook page lol Find me Shannon Lansdowne -- Shallow maybe but it is the way the world works now ;)

smeegle
11-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Are you a member of the GOABC outfitter group?

Barracuda
11-26-2015, 03:04 PM
HI Guys .. I am ok with Gong shows .. it is entertaining reading some of these comments. Thank you for your support, Also, while on camera I put some makeup on .. but when I am off I am OH natural... no girl wants to look ugly on camera - hunter or not :)
Thank you to everyone for your votes ... If you have a moment .. please share on other forums and social media, in the last hour the girl i need to beat went up 200 votes ... ! I dont need first place to win the title .. just third in voting :) Thanks guys. www.extremehuntress.com/vote/ (http://www.extremehuntress.com/vote/)

don't worry put on makeup if you feel better doing it Guys puff themselves up and peacock for the camera all the time ,there is no difference , good luck on the contest

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 03:52 PM
:) Great Point !! thank you !

don't worry put on makeup if you feel better doing it Guys puff themselves up and peacock for the camera all the time ,there is no difference , good luck on the contest

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 03:53 PM
My Dad was a member and director of GOABC for years, I am a GOABC Certified Guide and will be attending and volunteering at the convention in March :)
Are you a member of GOABC ?

Are you a member of the GOABC outfitter group?

Stresd
11-26-2015, 04:05 PM
That will open can of worms.
But thats okay. I'll be voting for you anyways.;) Have a couple different
addy's and IP's that I can use.

BigfishCanada
11-26-2015, 04:46 PM
OK I voted!!! Stay on the site after you win also!!! I take it that's your Dad in many of the big game pics? Good work Dad!

BigfishCanada
11-26-2015, 04:47 PM
My Dad was a member and director of GOABC for years, I am a GOABC Certified Guide and will be attending and volunteering at the convention in March :)
Are you a member of GOABC ?

GOABC??? Back track.....

Blainer
11-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Vote in. Good luck

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 07:38 PM
I spend a great deal of my time hunting with my family, My dad is in my pics along with my husband and brother. However, majority of my animals were harvested while I was hunting solo. It always seems to work that way for me :)

OK I voted!!! Stay on the site after you win also!!! I take it that's your Dad in many of the big game pics? Good work Dad!

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Do you have a question about that ?

GOABC??? Back track.....

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Thank you for your vote from all your addy's It is greatly appreciated.

In regards to the can of worms are you referring to the GOABC reply I made ?

I am happy to converse with everyone in regards to being a GOABC Guide and being an outfitting Family. Please just ask :)

That will open can of worms.
But thats okay. I'll be voting for you anyways.;) Have a couple different
addy's and IP's that I can use.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 07:50 PM
I had a Private message from someone on a forum receently and I thought I would share the questions that were asked and my answers, it might help you all feel confident in voting for me as this years Extreme Huntress.

enjoy ( www.extremehuntress.com/vote/

Where are you from?

I grew up in Ladner BC but spent my summers from the age of 10 in bella coola working for my dad who had a sports fishing charter business, when I graduated highschool I spent spring summer and fall on the Central Coast guiding hunters as my dad also had a Guide outfitting business.

When did you start hunting?
I started hunting big game personally at 19, as my time during hunting season was spent with hunters or in school. From my earliest memories hunting was always a topic of conversation in my house and I continued that on as I grew up, leading to working towards a career in the hunting industry.

Why did you enter the contest?
I entered this contest to make a different ( I know it sounds korny) but it is true, all my life in this industry I was often the only female around. I entered this contest to show people that there are females who are very capable in the field and whom hold the same passion and desire as many male hunters. ALSO, I have received a great deal of anti hunting pressure growing up and I wanted to gain a platform from this contest that will provide me the recognition to teach the next generation of hunters so that we can expand the support we need to have against so many people who dont understand hunting and who want to take our privilege of hunting away from us.

Jelvis
11-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Guides are kewl. I grew up reading Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, B.C. Outdoors and loved Jack O'Conner and he had used guides for extreme hunts and I loved the romance of the dreaming of the out door life as a wrangler or guide. Unfortunately my dream of guiding was like many other dreams that I woke up too soon or too late lol.
Your a hunter and that's what we dig here. Be proud and be strong and your going to succeed at everything hunting young lady. Good luck and many chances for you gal.
Jel - You must work out in the gym to be in great shape too -- keep it up hunter

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Thank you for your kind words :)
and for your vote !

Guides are kewl. I grew up reading Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, B.C. Outdoors and loved Jack O'Conner and he had used guides for extreme hunts and I loved the romance of the dreaming of the out door life as a wrangler or guide. Unfortunately my dream of guiding was like many other dreams that I woke up too soon or too late lol.
Your a hunter and that's what we dig here. Be proud and be strong and your going to succeed at everything hunting young lady. Good luck and many chances for you gal.
Jel - You must work out in the gym to be in great shape too -- keep it up hunter

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Thank you so much ! Voting restarted and I am back to 0 ! Please stick with me till the end and get your votes in for episode 16 ! 10 more episodes to go ! Please Share again too   Www.extremehuntress.com/vote/

Salty
11-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Thank you for your vote from all your addy's It is greatly appreciated.

In regards to the can of worms are you referring to the GOABC reply I made ?

I am happy to converse with everyone in regards to being a GOABC Guide and being an outfitting Family. Please just ask :)

The can of worms is the Allocation policy which has taken LEH opportunities from resident hunters and given them to the GOABC behind our and BCWF's backs. Here is one of the many threads here about the issue.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?112886-Allocation-Policy-Letters-to-MLAs&highlight=Allocation

Good luck with the contest.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-26-2015, 10:40 PM
I have no doubt it is a hot topic on the forum, but I will choose to not comment on those threads. I am a firm believer that hunters all need to stick together because the fact of the matter is there are more non hunters than there are hunters and if we start turning on each other then it will only provide antis with more fuel for their fires and less for ours. Resident or Non resident as long as you are a law abiding ethical hunter you should be on the same team. ( my opinion as a BC Resident and a Guide)

The can of worms is the Allocation policy which has taken LEH opportunities from resident hunters and given them to the GOABC behind our and BCWF's backs. Here is one of the many threads here about the issue.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?112886-Allocation-Policy-Letters-to-MLAs&highlight=Allocation

Good luck with the contest.

Salty
11-26-2015, 10:46 PM
I agree hunters should stick together it makes it difficult when the association representing one group works against another behind the scenes though. Again good luck with the contest.

Barracuda
11-27-2015, 10:13 AM
I just voted for you again. what rifle and cartridge was used in the long range?

smeegle
11-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Im sure you area great role model for women and girls interested in Hunting but I noticed you have only made posts on here canvasing for votes...will you be sharing in supportive info and posts to this hunting forum/community once the tv competition is done? I have a hard time with members having strong ties to GOABC and garnering support from resident hunters given the way the share of Public resources has gone to the outfitters. Best of luck with the competition it would be good to see you sharing posts and such both on here and huntingbc facebook page when the competition is finished.

Smeegle.

BiG Boar
11-27-2015, 10:49 AM
15 posts, voting for someone else. Start contributing here, leave GOABC, abandon your family and their ways, then we'll talk. hahahaha

BigfishCanada
11-27-2015, 11:01 AM
BC I voted for you yesterday but the group you've been Born and raised in really has hidden agendas which are hurting and effecting our resident hunting opportunities. I see your votes have spiked, congrats, these resident hunting sites have really increased your chances of winning. Again the GOABC can kiss my ass, corrupt as Suzuki himself

FirePower
11-27-2015, 11:23 AM
15 posts, voting for someone else. Start contributing here, leave GOABC, abandon your family and their ways, then we'll talk. hahahaha
Top drawer post Mr. Boar, I am in total agreement

604redneck
11-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Top drawer post Mr. Boar, I am in total agreement

You have done some guided hunts have you not?

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Thank you so much, it was a weatherby .270 :) and we got to keep the guns

I just voted for you again. what rifle and cartridge was used in the long range?

604redneck
11-27-2015, 11:44 AM

You have also paid a guide to take you hunting no?

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Thank you for your vote. my votes have spiked not only from a forum of BC Residents (who have supported me on the basis that I am a hunter) but also because I have had time to devote to gaining votes in my community, previously I was in the bush hunting and didn't have the chance. Also, I am on other forums with international members. In regards to being born and raised in an organization with a hidden agenda, I am not involved in the agenda of GOABC, I am also a member of BC Wildlife federation as I am still a BC Resident who is also looking out for conservation of our resource. But if you feel the need to "blackball" me due to the variety of groups I have been in then that is your choice, I am sorry that so many people on here feel the need to push a fellow BC Resident out.

BC I voted for you yesterday but the group you've been Born and raised in really has hidden agendas which are hurting and effecting our resident hunting opportunities. I see your votes have spiked, congrats, these resident hunting sites have really increased your chances of winning. Again the GOABC can kiss my ass, corrupt as Suzuki himself

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Wow some bold statements there Mr BIG BOAR. not very funny in my opinion, as I stated before I am new to this forum and I would love everyone support in this contest, however with comments like that I would prefer not having your support. Crossing the line when talking trash about someones family.

BiG Boar
11-27-2015, 11:48 AM
You have also paid a guide to take you hunting no?

Yes it's true I have been guided twice in BC. This was before GOABC got greedy and stole 20% more of our good draws. Anyone who supports GOABC is against us resident hunters. They fight everyday to take our opportunities away.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Yes I find there are some great topics on this forum and I look forward to getting involved in them once the contest is over. I am also a BC Resident. :)

Im sure you area great role model for women and girls interested in Hunting but I noticed you have only made posts on here canvasing for votes...will you be sharing in supportive info and posts to this hunting forum/community once the tv competition is done? I have a hard time with members having strong ties to GOABC and garnering support from resident hunters given the way the share of Public resources has gone to the outfitters. Best of luck with the competition it would be good to see you sharing posts and such both on here and huntingbc facebook page when the competition is finished.

Smeegle.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 11:51 AM
What years were you guided ? and by which outfit ?? Members of the organization are not the bad ones, its like saying if BCWF did something wrong that ALL BC residents should be HUNG.

Yes it's true I have been guided twice in BC. This was before GOABC got greedy and stole 20% more of our good draws. Anyone who supports GOABC is against us resident hunters. They fight everyday to take our opportunities away.

604redneck
11-27-2015, 11:54 AM

Still hypocritical imo. I've known her for a very long time. She isnt out there rallying to have our allocation policy changed. She does more for fish and wildlife conservation in bc then anybody i know personally. I truly believe she will be a benefit to this site and the members will thoroughly enjoy following her adventures. Atleast give the woman a chance.

BiG Boar
11-27-2015, 11:56 AM
leave GOABC, abandon your family and their ways, then we'll talk. hahahaha

Crossing the line when talking trash about someones family.

I wasn't insulting or talking trash about your family, what I meant was you should put as much distance between yourself and them if you want to garner votes in the resident hunting community. GOABC supporters aren't loved round these parts.

smeegle
11-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Im interested to know your position on the allocation of more draws for outfitters. Are you in favour of LEH tag/draws being taken away from the BC residents and given to outfitters (yes or no would suffice) and if you are against it would you be willing to say something at the GOABC convention to stand up for resident hunter interests?

BRvalley
11-27-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm sure resident hunters would love your support as well, good luck with your contest

http://www.productionmagic.ca/bcwfpetition.asp

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you @604redneck

Still hypocritical imo. I've known her for a very long time. She isnt out there rallying to have our allocation policy changed. She does more for fish and wildlife conservation in bc then anybody i know personally. I truly believe she will be a benefit to this site and the members will thoroughly enjoy following her adventures. Atleast give the woman a chance.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi Smeegle,

My outlook on the allocation is a mute point as I do not hold enough factual information to state an opinion. I truly did not get wrapped up in the events last year, as I hold support on both fronts. Do I believe that Allocation should be taken away from the residents and given to non residents, not necessarily but do I believe our gov't should manage our resource correctly and still allow the residents to harvest a sustainable allocation YES, BUT do i think that should put all the outfitters in BC out of business? NO, For years outfitters and residents have had relations fighting for the same thing, our Privilage to hunt. Regardless of politics on this forum, I believe this : I get pressure daily from anti hunters, pressure I respond to in an effort to educate the uninformed and to help protect our privileges to hunt in BC. It truly boils my blood when I have to spend time arguing with other hunters and when hunters give other hunters a tuff time, when we have so much pressure from anti organizations to stop hunting as a whole. If we don't unite and concur the battle against the antis we will not have the privilege of allocation to argue about

Im interested to know your position on the allocation of more draws for outfitters. Are you in favour of LEH tag/draws being taken away from the BC residents and given to outfitters (yes or no would suffice) and if you are against it would you be willing to say something at the GOABC convention to stand up for resident hunter interests?

Jelvis
11-27-2015, 02:10 PM
BC Xtreme hunteress hey, you know we got ourselves a Newhunterete Ali, you heard of her on this awesome bc hunting site. Ali was the start of the women hunters on HBC, she is the original lady and she was bombarded at times by others on hbc but she forged ahead and we all love Ali, at least the members who met her on HBC years ago. Hunter47 being the man's big game hunter at that time and is still up there in the hunting bc world.
Newhunterete is cool too and loves the hunting atmosphere.
Hey Xtreme if you were my relative I'd be proud of your hunting background and the present and wood look forward to great things.
Jel -- Don't let anyone keep you from us hunters on HBC, forgive and forget and onward girl.
Stay with us 4 ever here we dig hunters of all shapes and sizes -- don't forget that girl

FirePower
11-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Ms. Huntress, would you care to comment on your family selling their guiding area to a group of anti hunters? Thank you we await your response.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 02:46 PM
@Firepower, I assume you are also on the other site, listening to Cedar Cowgirl.

Yes my father sold our outfitting business in 2004, shortly after investing 3/4 of a million dollars into the purchase of 5 guide territories on the central coast of BC. in 2001 the anti hunting organization pushed the BC Govt to issue a moratorium on Grizzly Hunting in BC, this not only shut us down for a season, its financial impact was major. When the govt decided to open the hunt back up later that fall they reopened it and slashed our quota and closed a good portion of our territory. With the quota we were left with we could not afford to support the investment that was made in the purchase of the territories. We looked at the option of selling the amalgamated areas to another outfitter however with very little quota it was an impossible territory to sell in the outfitting industry. After seeing the headway the anti group was making with our govt ; one day we went face to face with the same organization who put the pressure on the gov't, and said instead of coming through the back door and shutting us down, why not come through the front and purchase the territory so that you do not put us into bankruptcy. A few years later they did just that. Thankfully as we simply were unable to make the payments on the territory with the allocation of quota we held. Does that provide you with the information you are looking for @FIREPOWER

Ms. Huntress, would you care to comment on your family selling their guiding area to a group of anti hunters? Thank you we await your response.

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2015, 02:53 PM
slashed our quota

Now you know how resident hunters feel about the Thomson Allocation.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Guys I think you are missing I am also a resident who puts in 40 + LEH tags annually for my family. Over the years I have been very fortunate and received moose draws, however the past two years I have not and I have simply hunted areas which have a general open season.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Guys I think you are missing I am also a resident who puts in 40 + LEH tags annually for my family. Over the years I have been very fortunate and received moose draws, however the past two years I have not and I have simply hunted areas which have a general open season.

smeegle
11-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the reply Huntress,

On the hunting bc facebook page someone stated that this quote is from you? "I am not personally a member I am a licensed guide through GOABC. My father was an outfitter in BC since 1979 and with the support of GOABC he ran a successful business for 30 years, that put a roof over my head, clothes on my body and food on the table. I am a individual who wishes to show other hunters the way of hunting in our province as a guide.

I dont see any harm in that nor do I see a small percentage of the allocations going to non residents to help employee many BC residents as guides, camp cooks, outfitters, pilots , bookkeepers, not to mention the huge spin off to economy of these small towns where outfitters purchase all their supplies to outfit their company and to provide for their guests.

As British Columbians we supply a great deal of our natural resources to people around the world, such as lumber, oil, water, and fish to name a few. If managed properly it should not effect our residents."

If the allocation issue is such a mute point may I ask why I should vote for you? I do not throw my vote or support around lightly and I would like to know what you stand for and what you will represent as a resident hunter/outfitter if you do win?

Salty
11-27-2015, 03:15 PM
. hmmmmm

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Small percentage? Is 20 to 40% a small percentage for <5% of hunters?

Guess it depends whether you're the <5% receiving or the >95% giving as to your perspective on that question. :|

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 03:30 PM
It is very simple, I stand for the privilege to hunt as hunters.

Thanks for the reply Huntress,

On the hunting bc facebook page someone stated that this quote is from you? "I am not personally a member I am a licensed guide through GOABC. My father was an outfitter in BC since 1979 and with the support of GOABC he ran a successful business for 30 years, that put a roof over my head, clothes on my body and food on the table. I am a individual who wishes to show other hunters the way of hunting in our province as a guide.

I dont see any harm in that nor do I see a small percentage of the allocations going to non residents to help employee many BC residents as guides, camp cooks, outfitters, pilots , bookkeepers, not to mention the huge spin off to economy of these small towns where outfitters purchase all their supplies to outfit their company and to provide for their guests.

As British Columbians we supply a great deal of our natural resources to people around the world, such as lumber, oil, water, and fish to name a few. If managed properly it should not effect our residents."

If the allocation issue is such a mute point may I ask why I should vote for you? I do not throw my vote or support around lightly and I would like to know what you stand for and what you will represent as a resident hunter/outfitter if you do win?

FirePower
11-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Small percentage? Is 20 to 40% a small percentage for <5% of hunters?

Guess it depends whether you're the <5% receiving or the >95% giving as to your perspective on that question. :|

My question exactly Mr. Dude. Why, Ms. Huntress do you feel that the rest of North American guides can do well with 2-3 times less quota percent than the government has decided to prop up our local industry with. If the industry is so flawed it has to be propped up to the detriment of resident hunters, then perhaps it is time to let it die and resurrect something viable from the ashes.

smeegle
11-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Well unfortunatley staying on the fence will not be getting my vote. Best of luck with contest

604redneck
11-27-2015, 03:39 PM
My question exactly Mr. Dude. Why, Ms. Huntress do you feel that the rest of North American guides can do well with 2-3 times less quota percent than the government has decided to prop up our local industry with. If the industry is so flawed it has to be propped up to the detriment of resident hunters, then perhaps it is time to let it die and resurrect something viable from the ashes.

Can you afford to live in downtown vancouver in a family sized house?

FirePower
11-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Can you afford to live in downtown vancouver in a family sized house?

Mr. Redneck, my rabbinic evasion of your question would be, why would I want to?

604redneck
11-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Ok so this should be simple. BC has a higher cost of living than these other north american regions with lower allocations. Tax is lower, housing costs are lower, it all costs less. You need to make more to live here.

Would you rather have a bc resident that happens to be a licensed guide fighting against anti hunters or the worst possible thing, more territories owned by european hunters with deeper pockets than the government itself? I myself used to guide and i decided to bow out when the last allocation policy started causing grief for hunters. I personally would like to see a maximum of 10% non resident tags and none of those where we are on leh.

If you dont want to vote for her thats fine but why scrutinize? Especially when im fairly certain you have paid an outfitter before.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-27-2015, 04:12 PM
I apologize for using the term small percentage, or for ruffling any feathers with what I said. As I said before I did not get involved in the allocation debate when it happened and I do not know all the facts that you all seem to know. I will say it again, I am a hunter, I have always been a hunter and I will continue to be a hunter regardless of everyone's opinion on a forum. All this negative behavior from people on this site is not worth 1000 votes. I will continue to gain support from like mind hunters. AND I THANK each one of you who has voted and supported me on here, regardless if I am a guide, a resident.

FirePower
11-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Mr. Redneck the answer to your statement is painfully simple like every other commodity in the province you put the price of what you have up accordingly. You do not expect the government to create a welfare system to sustain a failing industry at the expense of the residents. As for "why scrutinize?", when someone asks for peoples vote be they politicians, organization boards or some one competing they have a duty to disclose facts regarding who they are and what they stand for, the people then determine their voting preference based on those facts.

MFERGIE
11-27-2015, 04:21 PM
What are y'all talking about GOABC for on this thread anyways? Who gives a $hite about them and lets take a second to support a home town girl that would put most of ya to shame in the bush! She comes from a guide outfitting family nuff said! She's a resident hunter that cares about conservation and contributes a huge amount every year. You got my vote Shannon and hopefully some of these guys can turn the GOABC hot button off for a little while :roll:

604redneck
11-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Thank you fergie!

ramcam
11-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Grilling her pretty hard, i think she is pretty sincere in asking for our votes. I know there is another contestant from B.C. that is real smoke and mirrors trying to win but this Huntress will get my vote.

hare_assassin
11-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Gonnnnnggggggg!!!!!

j270wsm
11-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Grilling her pretty hard, i think she is pretty sincere in asking for our votes. I know there is another contestant from B.C. that is real smoke and mirrors trying to win but this Huntress will get my vote.

Glad someone else agrees with me on the other BC contestant.

hare_assassin
11-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Here's a question for Shannon; how the heck do I watch episodes 1-10?

When I go the the site, it gives me the option of watching 11 and up.

Call me crazy, but I want to watch from the beginning, like I could last season.

j270wsm
11-27-2015, 07:52 PM
I had the same problem lastnight.

markomoose
11-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Got my vote Shannon!Stay away from the politicians on here as they want to stir the pot and get under your skin.Stick with what you came here for.Most of us are true people. Cheers Mark

Gateholio
11-27-2015, 08:20 PM
When someone asks for my vote for anything, I always have the same question- "Why are you a better choice than the others competing for my vote?"

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Thank you MFEGIE, I couldnt agree more :) Thank you for the vote, Hopefully you can stick with me :)

What are y'all talking about GOABC for on this thread anyways? Who gives a $hite about them and lets take a second to support a home town girl that would put most of ya to shame in the bush! She comes from a guide outfitting family nuff said! She's a resident hunter that cares about conservation and contributes a huge amount every year. You got my vote Shannon and hopefully some of these guys can turn the GOABC hot button off for a little while :roll:

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi Gatehouse, I appreciate your question, I have been asked this a lot lately and rightfully so. The contest is looking for a women who can hold her own in the bush, one who lives breaths and sleeps hunting, one who can at any point stand up and speak to a roomful of people explaining why she hunts, one who will defend our right to hunt against all the anti pressure we have, one who thrives to educate the next generation, one who holds ethics and values conservation efforts. In my opinion, that is me. I have grown up in the hunting world, my time off from my real job is spent hunting, I am involved in teaching our next generation the ways of hunting and I will fight with anyone telling me I shouldn't hunt to the bitter end. I am up for the challenge that each new day presents to me (and trust me there is always something new). I am not going to tell you its because I have harvested ___ moose and __ deer and I have travelled ___ miles around the world to hunt, thats not what makes up the winner of this contest. If you wish to read more about me I have attached my essay I submitted to the contest at the entry stage.

Am I the world’s most extreme huntress?
I know I am a female hunter, hunting guide, Outfitters Daughter, an outdoors woman, a conservationist, an advocate for all hunters, and a mentor to our next generation of hunters and guides. In our industry today there are many strong, knowledgeable, experienced women all of which provide a contribution to our way of life and our right to hunt, so what makes me stand out from many extreme women. To me being extreme isn’t only about the number of days in the field or how far you have travelled to hunt.
I am a provider. I am a provider of wild, organic, healthy meat. As a woman there is no greater accomplishment to be independent and able to hunt and provide for my family, to step out of the mold of a “wife” or “homemaker” and hold the self-confidence to break out of the stereo type and expand the mold for the next generation of what a wife or mother is. I am a woman who can do it herself without the guidance or assistance from a male. This is knowledge I pass onto my children and our next generation of hunters; teaching them game preparation, outdoor skills and how to continue as conservationists.
I am a hunter. I hold a passion to be in the outdoors; I sit silent for hours with the anticipation of pulling the trigger and harvesting an animal. To hike the mountains for miles with the hope I will soon spot movement or hear the crack of a branch. Hunting to me is not only about the harvest, it is about time spent in the wilderness, developing serenity, learning patience and defeat.
I am a Guide; “a person who advises or shows the way to others.” Growing up as an outfitters daughter on the Central Coast of British Columbia I started getting my hands dirty around the same time I started walking. My hunting and guiding skills were derived from my younger years of paying close attention to my father, our guides and many hunters. I learnt gun handling and field dressing around the same time I learnt how to read. To me hunting and guiding is second nature, it is who I am and where I hold the most knowledge and confidence.
I am an advocate for hunters all around the world; a personal goal of mine is to provide uninformed people the tools, resources and accurate information to help them make an informed decision on hunting and the consumption of wild game. Unfortunately, the majority of youth today are becoming more removed from our heritage as hunters and are becoming more reliant on the way of today’s world of electronics. If each mother can encourage their children to get outdoors and experience hunting then I personally feel we are raising our children right and teaching them the fundamentals they need to develop into well-rounded, informed adults. As a result we are continuing a family tradition and building the next generation of hunters and conservationists.
I don’t believe being an extreme huntress is based on your trophy room or the years of experience you hold in the field, I believe what makes you extreme is the level of passion you hold, the dedication to the industry and your actions to help build our next generation of Hunters.
This is why I feel I am an Extreme Huntress.

When someone asks for my vote for anything, I always have the same question- "Why are you a better choice than the others competing for my vote?"

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Thank you Mark I really REALLY appreciate your comment, your vote and your support. :) Cheers to a fellow hunter

Got my vote Shannon!Stay away from the politicians on here as they want to stir the pot and get under your skin.Stick with what you came here for.Most of us are true people. Cheers Mark

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Hey, I just emailed the producer asking that question for you, Ill let you know as soon as possible

Here's a question for Shannon; how the heck do I watch episodes 1-10?

When I go the the site, it gives me the option of watching 11 and up.

Call me crazy, but I want to watch from the beginning, like I could last season.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Thank you for your support RamCam, and for your vote... i really appreciate it and I hope you will also stick with me through this voting process. only 10 more episodes and 5 weeks to go. :roll:

nature girl
11-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Can I just ask you this one question if you were not on the extreme contest would you still have joined HBC. Or did you join just to try to get our votes.
Well anyways good luck on your contest and if you win good and if you don't its just a contest and you keep saying your a hunter anyways.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 10:38 AM
HI nature girl,

Thank you for your question, joining the forum was suggested to me by a friend in an effort to gain votes, however, I do have the intention to continue to pop in after the contest when life slows down a bit and I can contribute to other threads.

Can I just ask you this one question if you were not on the extreme contest would you still have joined HBC. Or did you join just to try to get our votes.
Well anyways good luck on your contest and if you win good and if you don't its just a contest and you keep saying your a hunter anyways.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 12:14 PM
@Firepower ..... Nice Buffalo :grin: Where did you get it ? I have friends who guide for Buffalo in S. Africa, perhaps you hunted with them ?

Wagonmaster
11-28-2015, 12:21 PM
As a member of GOABC, I don't think you will experience goodwill from most of the members on this site. You have suggested that you don't know much about the allocation controversy. Perhaps some research into the matter would be prudent and hopefully you will recognize that the recent changes were underhanded and unfair. An important and straightforward question was asked by Smeegle in post #48, and your answer to that question will determine whether or not resident hunters will be supportive. Please realize that the criticism in previous posts are not personal in nature. You have simply become an unwitting sounding board for ongoing discontent.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 12:28 PM
@wagaonmaster It appears some people on this forum who are resident hunters will support me regardless if I have a history with GOABC .. you may have missed I am not a Member of GOABC I am a licensed guide with them as they run the guide licensing now, and my family holds a history as outfitters. I am however a member of BCWF and pay into conservation just as much as any other hunter in BC through tags, LEH and my membership. This year I purchased every tag available to me as a BC resident even though I did not hunt each animal, I did it simply if the opportunity came and I dont mind spending money towards conservation efforts. Cheers, all the best to you ... happy hunting, stay safe, make memories and HAVE FUN.

As a member of GOABC, I don't think you will experience goodwill from most of the members on this site. You have suggested that you don't know much about the allocation controversy. Perhaps some research into the matter would be prudent and hopefully you will recognize that the recent changes were underhanded and unfair. An important and straightforward question was asked by Smeegle in post #48, and your answer to that question will determine whether or not resident hunters will be supportive. Please realize that the criticism in previous posts are not personal in nature. You have simply become an unwitting sounding board for ongoing discontent.

mpotzold
11-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Welcome to HBC!
You’ve got my vote & GOOD LUCK!

By the sounds of it you’re one of us-a genuine hunter. Having a guide/outfitter dad certainly helps.
More & more women are getting involved in hunting. You’re definitely an inspiration to other women!

On our last hunting trip, Eve(also a hunter) & I met a lady hunter from BC . She excels in archery both in hunting & competition. A short time ago she killed a grizzly with an arrow. On this hunting trip she was using a rifle for deer. She no doubt has been an avid hunter for some time. An instantly likeable person & a life of the party.

My regular hunting partner LT (LOVER 308 ) since 1967 always said that it must be the Neanderthal in us that makes us want to hunt.

BTW good on you in using Fisherman instead of that dreaded so called politically correct word fisher/s.
Fisher is an animal!

Interesting!
http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/ (http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/)

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 01:14 PM
I love this post !! Thank you. to be honest I cant stand when people say fisherwomen or fisher, I honestly dont like the term Huntress either, we are all hunters it is not a name only given to men it is a generic term given to all people male or female who spend their time harvesting animals. :)

Thank you for that link .. i have read it and found it very interesting.

Welcome to HBC!
You’ve got my vote & GOOD LUCK!

By the sounds of it you’re one of us-a genuine hunter. Having a guide/outfitter dad certainly helps.
More & more women are getting involved in hunting. You’re definitely an inspiration to other women!

On our last hunting trip, Eve(also a hunter) & I met a lady hunter from BC . She excels in archery both in hunting & competition. A short time ago she killed a grizzly with an arrow. On this hunting trip she was using a rifle for deer. She no doubt has been an avid hunter for some time. An instantly likeable person & a life of the party.

My regular hunting partner LT (LOVER 308 ) since 1967 always said that it must be the Neanderthal in us that makes us want to hunt.

BTW good on you in using Fisherman instead of that dreaded so called politically correct word fisher/s.
Fisher is an animal!

Interesting!
http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/ (http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/)

FirePower
11-28-2015, 06:39 PM
@Firepower ..... Nice Buffalo :grin: Where did you get it ? I have friends who guide for Buffalo in S. Africa, perhaps you hunted with them ?

Tanzania not South Africa.

FirePower
11-28-2015, 06:42 PM

Very good idea Mr. Wagonmaster, then she could see exactly how badly resident hunters got shafted by GOABC and the Clark government.

Jelvis
11-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Hey Shannon these aggressive posters wouldn't be posting stuff like this to WWE's Becky Lynch the Lass Kicker or if Page or Charlotte walked out eh lol.
Haha imagine if you were Becky in real life and we dint know it lol.
Jel ( The Roman ) Empire -- Roman Rainz body double --

BCExtremeHuntress
11-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Thank you Hunter Dog, who can I say is saying hello ?? I cant tell from your pic ?

Good on ya Shannon for rising to the challenge of the competition and for sticking to your guns on who you are as a person. Say hi to your Dad and husband for me; haven't seen them for quite sometime now.

BCExtremeHuntress
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Voting has restarted back at 0 tonight everyone .. please vote for me in episode 17 :) I placed 3rd in the last round of voting and that is right were I need to be for the win :)

Thanks again for all your support :)

Shannon
www.extremehuntress.com/vote/

BCExtremeHuntress
12-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Another Episode is out, if you have been voting for me THANK YOU, I hope everyone is enjoying the episodes I know I am having fun watching and remembering the crazy week in Texas. Please if you have a moment www.extremehuntress.com/vote/ Thank you

ncurrie
12-15-2015, 08:09 AM
Hey Shannon, been watching the shows, great job! How come the ranch advised no frontal shots on the black buck? Great stalk though! Looks like you guys had a blast:)

Blainer
12-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Voted
Good luck

Coachman
12-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Another vote. Good luck

budismyhorse
12-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Great job so far Shannon....

I have to say I am really annoyed with this show voting stuff..... The two that are taking the majority of online voting are doing the worst (by far) in the skills.
That to me says a lot about how much actual hunting experience they have. I wish you luck and hope the voting doesn't add too much when it comes to the final outcome.

it shouldn't be a popularity contest.

good job and good luck!

ncurrie
12-17-2015, 10:18 AM

I have to say I am really annoyed with this show voting stuff..... The two that are taking the majority of online voting are doing the worst (by far) in the skills.
That to me says a lot about how much actual hunting experience they have. I wish you luck and hope the voting doesn't add too much when it comes to the final outcome.

good job and good luck!

I agree with you both Erica and Taylor usually score low yet they are winning. Apparently skill is not a necessity to win extreme huntress.

sawmill
12-17-2015, 10:44 AM

good job and good luck!

I`m really annoyed by all this "Look at me, Vote for me" stuff. Huntress? Give me a break. Hunting is for putting winter meat in the freezer,not winning contests. You are just adding fuel to the anti`s fire.

Coachman
12-17-2015, 08:33 PM
I`m really annoyed by all this "Look at me, Vote for me" stuff. Huntress? Give me a break. Hunting is for putting winter meat in the freezer,not winning contests. You are just adding fuel to the anti`s fire.

OMG. Give me a break. Most of the posts on this forum are "look at me, look what I shot" posts and we all love them.

We need more women hunting. God (or whoever you believe in) obviously made women the better looking sex. Hence 18 million porn sites for men and 50 shades of gray for women.

Good luck huntress. And any other women conducting ethical hunting out there..

Jelvis
12-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Right on Coach I dig that idea of yours above standing up for hunters no matter what gender.
Hunting is first and foremost and the players are all invited to join in and have the most fun and challenges in hunting to exceed our own expectations and it's fantastic. Yes women love hunting too as much as anyone can and it's great to have Shannon here sharing with all real hunting friends and samers.
Jel -- Put me in Coach I'm ready to play -- Center Field -- John Fogerty

Edge
12-18-2015, 09:19 AM
OMG. Give me a break. Most of the posts on this forum are "look at me, look what I shot" posts and we all love them.

We need more women hunting. God (or whoever you believe in) obviously made women the better looking sex. Hence 18 million porn sites for men and 50 shades of gray for women.

+1.....I say GO FOR IT and good luck..."pick me pick me"...Reallly? We men participate in this kinda thing ALL THE TIME......from hunting to motorcycles...I mean really...who needs a candy apple red motorcycle to ride down the road...or a lime green car over built to the nines to get to work...
what annoys me is that whatever is said on this gong show...there's always "someone" lurking in the shadows that has something "anti" to dump on the post......hey....whose the real Anti ? IMHO...lmao

BCExtremeHuntress
12-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Hey nicole .. thank you
THey simply did not want the frontal as they did not want a wounded animal and it was a fair distance away, especially with a gun I was very unfamiliar with . Also they realized that I had never seen this animal up close before and would have a hard time judging its true size to make an accurate shot. It was over 200 yards with a gun I was not comfortable with and the ranch manager requested I not take, when we saw the buck he was straight on and he side no frontal, wait for it to turn. what you didnt see in the show is the black buck did turn, and gave me a great shot BUT just as I was about to pull the trigger the camera man alerted me to not shoot bc he ran out of space on his memory card, hunting for the EH contest was not like normal hunting we had 5 people with us each day and had to ensure the camera had the shot before we could pull the trigger :( Big BOOOOO lol.

Hey Shannon, been watching the shows, great job! How come the ranch advised no frontal shots on the black buck? Great stalk though! Looks like you guys had a blast:)

BCExtremeHuntress
12-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Thank you! I completely agree with your outlook on the voting and I have made suggestions to improve it for next year .. but for now we are stuck with it ... Thank you for your voting and the support fingers crossed the 40% judges scores outways the voting :)

good job and good luck!

BCExtremeHuntress
12-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Thank you for the support :)

BCExtremeHuntress
12-18-2015, 07:07 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, and me mine.
Antis fuel off of basically anything we as hunters say or do, never going to please them, as we are two different types of people. I also put meat in the freezer. The objective to this contest is to help promote women in the field and show the world that there are women who are competent in a industry that is perceived to be male dominant. Merry Christmas hope you had a great hunting season.

Buckmeister
12-19-2015, 08:56 PM
The objective to this contest is to help promote women in the field and show the world that there are women who are competent in a industry that is perceived to be male dominant.

No offense, but I think it is pretty much a fact that this industry is male dominant for the most part. I know that is changing however. And I don't need any contest or show to tell me that a woman can be competent in any industry, period, as this was made apparent to me many years ago. The following is a direct quote from the contest rules stated on the extremeHuntress website:

SPIRIT OF EXTREME HUNTRESS™ COMPETITION:
This competition was solely created to protect, preserve and promote our outdoor heritage as embodied by the history of wild game conservation and management first enacted by President Theodore Roosevelt in the United States of America. Our goal is to create positive roles models for women who may want to participate in the hunting and outdoor adventure lifestyle. We like to say, “If mom goes hunting so will her children.” Thus, giving future generations the opportunity they may never enjoy.
Please do not enter if your sole purpose is to win free gear, prizes and/or hunting trips. The Extreme Huntress™ Competition is intended to give our winner the platform and opportunity to promote the outdoor adventure lifestyle.

I find this commendable. Especially in a day and age when hunting has been in the spotlight and is under controversy. And I don't mind if a woman wants to seriously be a huntress. If this can keep our sport/industry alive, then keep up the good work.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into a marketing exploitation thing. "Looking" like a hunter and getting ones hunting license seems to be a bit of a fad these days, especially with youth and middle aged women (as if camo(pink) and browning kitsch qualifies one to be a hunter/huntress). I guess the industry/sport of hunting has finally reached the stage of having bonafide posers. I'm undecided if this is a good or bad thing. But my main feeling at this point is that as a hunter I'd rather not want to be associated with hunting posers.

thunderheart
01-01-2016, 04:33 PM
today is the last day to vote for our bc girl shannon lansdowne.. vancouver islands very own .....
.. i quote

FINAL request for votes in the Extreme Huntress Contest ! Voting is cut short in the last episode, Voting will close tonight at 9pm PST ! Please share tag, nag, text, call ! I am in third for this round and would love to finish off strong !
Extreme Huntress Contest has added two validation steps in the voting process
��
When you put your email address in and click vote the screen will fade gray and (if on a iPhone you will need to scroll to the top) click the "I am not a robot" ! You will also be sent a validation email that you must complete ! Then and only then will your vote count. Please take the extra second to complete these steps and vote for me ! Thank you so much for all the support through out this once in a life time opportunity with the Extreme huntress Contest !
Www.extremehuntress.com/vote/ (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FWww.extremehuntress.com%2Fvot e%2F&h=GAQG0rEpUAQE1yBSOzBgPQe4QZzHPJJ9IkY4-gO4ZM1lL2Q&enc=AZPpE_nh597GBFYltWdQo8XNH1udcTpl8QvgjZ08hJ7sWW 2Bi14EaCC66tMC48lrIH8cBkejzrC-Tq3K8y53CqhF5E4RGK3ZewtPeHyZIkMxaDE3zVjnoRTUn5j6GY 1aQb0efvNRKeDTC9Cu3wgob-hASBs6ehhSi5NFO8IwajvNIw&s=1)
Vancouver Islands very own EXTREME HUNTRESS needs our votes ...

https://external-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCl86jj4sHqjiLY&w=158&h=158&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremehuntress.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2FEH-fb-og.png&cfs=1&upscale=1

(http://www.extremehuntress.com/vote/)

Vote for your favorite Extreme Huntress (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremehuntress.com%2Fvot e%2F&h=HAQF4CWJI&enc=AZOVKm-6iCF47RuihCCMBBamCU-MvaB4a0qBpB5STtmkTafooJvZqwHhQXuqt1GAmrdycG7cJAUw8 3vJJpm89Vbzg67Uo9KjSjnZJN6S9iklZpccIHubMjBUd6U2Hsu 6EyK5ma041INbsB3tiT8NdGbC62h0JnSaqOjf3iVsOokI-Q&s=1)
Vote now in the 6th Annual Extreme Huntress™ Competition. Choose which of the 20 semi-finalists will go on to compete in the hunting and outdoor…
extremehuntress.com

go shannon ..you go ,, we are proud of you

thunderheart
01-01-2016, 04:34 PM
go shannon go ... go shannon go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jelvis
01-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Shannon rocks!

wicket
01-02-2016, 10:41 AM
congrats Shannon, proud Canadian and way to rep both Canada and hunters Kudos!

ncurrie
01-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Good luck Shannon!!

Sofa King
01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Hey nicole .. thank you
THey simply did not want the frontal as they did not want a wounded animal and it was a fair distance away, especially with a gun I was very unfamiliar with . Also they realized that I had never seen this animal up close before and would have a hard time judging its true size to make an accurate shot. It was over 200 yards with a gun I was not comfortable with and the ranch manager requested I not take, when we saw the buck he was straight on and he side no frontal, wait for it to turn. what you didnt see in the show is the black buck did turn, and gave me a great shot BUT just as I was about to pull the trigger the camera man alerted me to not shoot bc he ran out of space on his memory card, hunting for the EH contest was not like normal hunting we had 5 people with us each day and had to ensure the camera had the shot before we could pull the trigger :( Big BOOOOO lol.

that pretty much just makes it another reality show and not an accurate representation of the real hunting.
so, really, one contestant could lose out on their better shots all due to the production company making the final say.
none of it really seems fair that way, and that fan votes actually make the show, makes it more a popularity contest than a skill contest.
and that kinda takes the "EXTREME" out of extremehuntress contest.
but, i suppose, like most reality shows, they want to promote audience participation, to further gain viewers.
i think i'd enjoy it more if the "more skilled", "more extreme" contestant won, and not the "most popular".
good luck though.

Jelvis
01-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Hey "Sofa" king let Shannon be a (hunting) Queen. A queen of female and male hunters.
She's prolly kick our butts pretty darn good like. eh? Sittin on the couch and all -- jus sayin
Jelly ( Ruthless ) Robby Lawlerrrr.

budismyhorse
01-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Congrats Shannon! You did a great job rep'ing BC....

j270wsm
01-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Congratulations Shannon.

ramcam
01-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Another congrats Shannon, the right B.C. girl won!

ncurrie
01-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Way to go Shannon!!! You totally hands down were the best hunter on that show!! Good luck with all your future endeavours!!:)

thunderheart
01-10-2016, 12:16 PM
proud of both these bc woman .... but very proud and happy of the winner .. go shannon go !!!!!!!!

Jelvis
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm bettin our own ncurrie to scurry into the shows. ncurrie you could take over with your ahh ability and ahhh skills and ahhh good presentations.
Jelly -- ncurrie for xstreme huntress -- let's here it fans.

bassplayer
01-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on the win Shannon. I hope you plan on stopping by HBC soon to thank all the members here that helped contribute to your win by voting for you considering your last HBC post was on December 18th.

BCExtremeHuntress
01-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone, thank you for all your support, life is crazy right now, but I wanted to check in and say THANK YOU, for the congrats on the win, and the overwhelming support since having the story in the media. As someone mentioned,criticism comes with the territory of being in the public eye, but with that platform comes a lot of positives and the ability to get our message out to the world, as to why we hunt. I will be back on the forum, just need some time to catch up on everything.

Weatherby Fan
01-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Hey everyone, thank you for all your support, life is crazy right now, but I wanted to check in and say THANK YOU, for the congrats on the win, and the overwhelming support since having the story in the media. As someone mentioned,criticism comes with the territory of being in the public eye, but with that platform comes a lot of positives and the ability to get our message out to the world, as to why we hunt. I will be back on the forum, just need some time to catch up on everything.

Congrats Shannon, keep up the good work girl,
Say hello to your Dad, one old Commercial Fisherman to another !

BigfishCanada
01-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Shannon congrats!!!!!

Sofa King
01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey "Sofa" king let Shannon be a (hunting) Queen. A queen of female and male hunters.
She's prolly kick our butts pretty darn good like. eh? Sittin on the couch and all -- jus sayin
Jelly ( Ruthless ) Robby Lawlerrrr.

let's not get all crazy now, jel.
oops! sorry, i forgot it's already too late for you.
it's awesome that she won, looks like the votes worked.
congrats.