PDA

View Full Version : blacktail question

last light
11-21-2015, 08:14 PM
What do all the BT pros think of what happens when you spook these deer?

If you find an area (cut block) with some track, few rubs, and two white rumps running away into the woodwork at sundown what do you do?

Should you let it rest or go right back the next morning and try to find 'em again?:confused:

All opinions are welcome and very much appreciated. thanks!

okas
11-21-2015, 08:26 PM
BT and WT yes mule deer will move on

Ferenc
11-21-2015, 08:34 PM
You found some... Get back in there for a further investigation...watch the wind.

last light
11-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Yup, I found some! 32 minutes after sundown. Still easily legal shooting time but very hard to see, especially id something that's running for it's life in the near darkness. Only maybe 30-40 yds away but with those little bouncing buggers in the fading light, I couldn't id buck or doe or fawn. Just wondering if I should try again first thing in the morning in the same location or let 'em be until next weekend?

Thanks for all responses already okas and Ferenc, much appreciated!

brian
11-21-2015, 09:17 PM
They're blacktails... they might be back there or they might not. They do stick to home though.

BushBuck
11-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Get back in there! See them first this time... use your Binos keep the wind in your favour. If they don't know what they were running from your chance at seeing them in the am is MUCH better. Knockem Down!

last light
11-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Okay will do. Gonna catch some z's and back at 'er first thing in the a.m. Thanks all for the responses and motivation!

ElliotMoose
11-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Get back in there at first light man... But make SURE you play the wind!! Slow steps, glassing absolutely everything on your way in and out. You'd be surprised how many deer look like a branch or twig until you take a single step forward or backwards. Those BT are shifty creatures

jeff341
11-23-2015, 08:19 PM
How'd it go the next morning?

adriaticum
11-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Sounds like my scenario last weekend. In the last hour of the last day I finally find where they hide but I have to go to work.
****ing work always interferes with my hunting

last light
11-23-2015, 09:35 PM
How'd it go the next morning?

Went back in the morning. Didn't see them again. Then the road hunters showed up and lots of other people everywhere so I went to check out other areas.