PDA

View Full Version : Rut?????

adamsarich09
11-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Saw 15 does in region 3 yesterday and not one buck!! Haven't hunted the rut much before but I thought this time of year they are with the does!!! What are your thoughts??

mike-juliet
11-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Was out in 3-30 last weekend, our deer sightings were very inconstant. Hunting the same area, morning hunt we would see 20 does and 3 bucks, afternoon saw zero or vise-versa . All the bucks we saw with does were smaller, no 4 points. I'll be heading back up next weekend for 3 days for one last kick at the can. Maybe big bucks will start showing their faces by then.

sausage lover
11-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Hiked for 7hrs yesterday saw 11 does and no bucks! Start elevation was 800 meters and the ridge line was 1060 meters, all the does were near the top. Lots of scrapes with piss aswell. Think the bucks are further in the timber! I've seen some bucks chasing does in one of the ranchers fields as I drive to my hunting spot lol!

Glenny
11-21-2015, 10:53 AM
It's coming in late this year.

one-shot-wonder
11-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Same as any year....first mule push has come and gone in my opinion. the bucks skinned last weekend all had no fat on them and showed sign of running the gauntlet for a while. All bucks were shot next to does. Just because some hunters are not seeing bucks doesn't mean the rut isn't going on. At this rate we'll be stuffing stockings and guys will be wondering when the mule rut will kick in.

604redneck
11-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Same as any year....first mule push has come and gone in my opinion. the bucks skinned last weekend all had no fat on them and showed sign of running the gauntlet for a while. All bucks were shot next to does. Just because some hunters are not seeing bucks doesn't mean the rut isn't going on. At this rate we'll be stuffing stockings and guys will be wondering when the mule rut will kick in.

Haha well said

Cyrus
11-21-2015, 12:54 PM
34 deer this am...1 buck couldn't count point but if anything likely a crab claw type....lots of groups of does...no bucks...already thinking tag soup..

Glenny
11-21-2015, 01:27 PM

Yes first push has come and gone.

Fisher-Dude
11-21-2015, 01:28 PM
The bigger bucks don't get that way by standing in a cutblock with a group of does.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, I'm outta here.

one-shot-wonder
11-21-2015, 01:54 PM
The bigger bucks don't get that way by standing in a cutblock with a group of does.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, I'm outta here.

So why road hunt? :)

Fisher-Dude
11-21-2015, 02:11 PM
So why road hunt? :)

Do all roads go thru cutblocks? ;)

We killed a really nice WT yesterday while driving between spots at 1:30 pm. He was hiding in the timber and we just spotted his hind leg at first. Never know where they might be!

Andrewh
11-21-2015, 03:18 PM
This guy was shot by a buddy last weekend, I found him with his nose up a doe's ass... and about 6 other doe around him.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/Andrewshorvath/hunting/FullSizeRender%201_zpsbwat5vkz.jpg

doubled
11-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Nice buck Andrew. Will be heading out to Region 3 next weekend to go and stir them up. I'm sure it will be on.

Sitkaspruce
11-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Rutting like crazy up here in the Peace, seen 3 good muley bucks in the last 3 days all with lots of does. Same as the WT, lots of scrapes, rubs and chasing going on.

Happens every year at the same time as the fawns have to be born around the same time to ensure their greatest chance for survival.

Get out an hunt, keep watching the does and the bucks will be around, some how all those fawns have to be created somehow.

Cheers

SS

Glenny
11-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Nice buck Andrew. Will be heading out to Region 3 next weekend to go and stir them up. I'm sure it will be on.

Holy crap doubled. How could one top that one in your avatar?

Gr8 white hunter
11-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Rut's over try again next year.

Muliechaser
11-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Rut's over try again next year.

Lol............

Sofa King
11-21-2015, 08:08 PM
This guy was shot by a buddy last weekend, I found him with his nose up a doe's ass... and about 6 other doe around him.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/Andrewshorvath/hunting/FullSizeRender%201_zpsbwat5vkz.jpg

holy shit!
that buck is a spittin' image of my Okanagan mountain park buck.

Lucky77_
11-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Spitting image? Or splitting image?

.264winmag
11-21-2015, 10:27 PM
No mulie expert by any means, but would have to agree...

.264winmag
11-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Wt full swing still in region 8.

358mag
11-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Do all roads go thru cutblocks? ;)

We killed a really nice WT yesterday while driving between spots at 1:30 pm. He was hiding in the timber and we just spotted his hind leg at first. Never know where they might be!
Pictures or it didn't happen .........:twisted:

Cyrus
11-22-2015, 07:04 AM
saw 18 last night and a big 2 pt who had his nose into the ground chasing 2 does...hopefully he is not the king buck in the area right now....some real nasty weather approaching again as well...

swampthing
11-22-2015, 07:57 AM
When a decent buck finds a hot doe they often go off alone together. Don't always expect to find them with a group of does.

Rob Chipman
11-22-2015, 10:25 AM
We saw 15-18 deer yesterday (can't remember exactly or can't remember how to count exactly). A 2 pt. muley on his own and then a nice WT buck on private land. That whitey was pretty hot on the trail of a doe, and in mid day, plain sight, didn't seem to care about too much except chasing the doe.

RackStar
11-22-2015, 10:59 AM
ok so press that pedal next to your gas pedal.. k great, now find some deer habitat, pull over, come to a complete stop. k here is the hard part, STEP OUT of your truck, TIE your boots up... gee whats that weird cold feeling, that's right no heater out here, grab your jacket, your day pack (that thing you put water food in because you will be gone all day from your truck). Now walk up to the tree line, (here takes balls) now walk into the forest, careful here cause behind every other tree is a fierce bear, now find a game trail, and once you pass the bears alive keep walking, oh.. what do you know... there is deer in here!?!?!?!

Shikari300WSM
11-22-2015, 11:34 AM
ok so press that pedal next to your gas pedal.. k great, now find some deer habitat, pull over, come to a complete stop. k here is the hard part, STEP OUT of your truck, TIE your boots up... gee whats that weird cold feeling, that's right no heater out here, grab your jacket, your day pack (that thing you put water food in because you will be gone all day from your truck). Now walk up to the tree line, (here takes balls) now walk into the forest, careful here cause behind every other tree is a fierce bear, now find a game trail, and once you pass the bears alive keep walking, oh.. what do you know... there is deer in here!?!?!?!

Haha could not have been said better. Was out in 3 last night. Saw a couple young mule bucks on does. No big boys (did not have enough time out there). Followed white tail tracks only to do the walk back to the truck and find I missed a group since their new tracks cut the old ones.

Oh well. Trail cam is set so next week should see the last deer down for the year!

Tikka270
11-22-2015, 02:27 PM
The 4point I got on Nov. 1 was with 6 or 7 does. Neck wasn't too swollen but there were no other bucks in the group.

whitetailsheds
11-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Saw 15 does in region 3 yesterday and not one buck!! Haven't hunted the rut much before but I thought this time of year they are with the does!!! What are your thoughts??

After 38 years of chasing them adamsarich, you stumbled on the secret.....be patient!

tomahawk
11-22-2015, 10:02 PM
The rut happens the same time every year. Hunters go out in the bush and see a fraction of what is actually going on. There are areas where there are fewer deer, fewer bucks, fewer does etc and because you don't see what someone else saw or a 200 " buck with the does doesn't change a thing. The rut is on, same time same place year after year after year. Not warmth nor rain nor snow nor full moon changes it.

.264winmag
11-22-2015, 10:55 PM
When a decent buck finds a hot doe they often go off alone together. Don't always expect to find them with a group of does.
I also believe this to be true. Best time to track a buck is when he's with a hot doe. Only one thing on his mind and he will not leave her unless you kill him. He will slip up and offer a shot if you are on their trail long enough and stealth enough. Other than that you will potentially will not see this buck until he's done with her and searching for another hottie. And that's the rut IMO. A buck is happy with a single doe off in the tulies...

Wrayzer
11-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Haven't had a chance to get out but this morning i watched a small muley 3 point with his nose up a does ass following her ever step around the job site. Didn't care for the other 5 ladies he was with. Just the one.

Muliechaser
11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Haven't had a chance to get out but this morning i watched a small muley 3 point with his nose up a does ass following her ever step around the job site. Didn't care for the other 5 ladies he was with. Just the one.

Thats usually how it works isnt it ? :lol: its still on in reg 8 . Is slowing down a bit tho . Whiteys are still full on

Cyrus
11-23-2015, 06:21 PM
watched a 4x3 yesterday hot on one doe and avoiding 5 others. Saw him 5x yesterday. Too small for my liking but he did not get the same sympathy from my buddy this morning. Other than that 25 trail cameras 2 other 4pts on film since Nov 9th...We are getting snowed out now but hoping the arctic cold moving in will give me one last shot before its Campbells Tag Soup...

M.Dean
11-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Oh, the Big Guys are Rutt'in Big Time in some of the worst weather so far this season! This morning it was dam near impossible to keep the bino's clear of snow, my eye glass's were dam near useless as was my rifle scope in the near White Out conditions! But, if I wake up alive in the morning, I'll make a pot of coffee, find something to fry up for a lunch, take all my pills, and hope like hell I can see through my rifle scope, and not miss that SOB like I did this morning! Sure glad I bought a set of chains for the rear wheels too! I'll need them in the morning for sure!

Cyrus
11-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Oh, the Big Guys are Rutt'in Big Time in some of the worst weather so far this season! This morning it was dam near impossible to keep the bino's clear of snow, my eye glass's were dam near useless as was my rifle scope in the near White Out conditions! But, if I wake up alive in the morning, I'll make a pot of coffee, find something to fry up for a lunch, take all my pills, and hope like hell I can see through my rifle scope, and not miss that SOB like I did this morning! Sure glad I bought a set of chains for the rear wheels too! I'll need them in the morning for sure!

think we are supposed to get another dump again tonight...

Sofa King
11-23-2015, 07:24 PM
its a dumping now.
just got back from Kamloops.
2pm the snow line was at stump lake, nothing in the Nicola valley.
snow in Kamloops the whoile time.
drive back, it was now snow all the way to Nicola lake.
and now the snow has begun right in merritt.
can't wait to get out in the morning.
no more worky-worky for me until after December 10th.

Xenomorph
11-23-2015, 09:20 PM
its a dumping now.
just got back from Kamloops.
2pm the snow line was at stump lake, nothing in the Nicola valley.
snow in Kamloops the whoile time.
drive back, it was now snow all the way to Nicola lake.
and now the snow has begun right in merritt.
can't wait to get out in the morning.
no more worky-worky for me until after December 10th.

I don't blame you, who wants to be at work when the beauty of the country calls you :)
A bit more than jealous to be honest. Just a tad :)

Cyrus
11-24-2015, 07:13 AM
argh...blowing about 80km out there right now with a crisp -10 and another 6 inches of snow on top of the 10 or more we got yesterday....looks likes a day better suited for plowing snow. 5 days left...

Sofa King
11-24-2015, 06:40 PM
yup, it was a nasty one out there today.
-10 this morning and got to -12 today.
with a damn strong breeze blowing all day as well, I don't know just how cold it was, but it was.

deer are still rutting good.

M.Dean
11-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Well, I didn't make it out this morning, Someone though it was "More" important to plow the foot or two of snow out of the driveway "Instead" of going "Hunt'in"! It just blows me away how some people can have there "Priority's" so bloody mixed up! Took about 3 hours to do the driveway, and with the wind just'a howling, it was a tad chilly out there! It's minus 10 right now here in the "Tang", wind's still blow'in, so we'll see what transpires in the morning. Put the new V-bars on the front wheels of the quad, the older ones on the rear, and never spun a tire today pushing all that snow, so if it doesn't snow another foot or two tonight, I'll be hunt'in stinky bucks at first light in the morning! If I don't freeze to death first!

Cyrus
11-25-2015, 07:29 PM
lost count at 50 deer this evening...closer to 60...3 little bucks...wondering what is going on?? Guessing all the big guys are dead or are somewhere else.....

one-shot-wonder
11-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Reports I received today and tonight were similar to yours.....rut activity slowing down. Buck sightings nothing compared to last 2 weeks, despite the fresh snow.

Whitetails on the other hand....there moving!