PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about leaving tomorrow morning at 3:00 AM for 1 day of hunting...am I crazy?

JIL_24/7
11-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Title says it all. Desperate for meat and one more kick at the can I am thinking about heading out tomorrow morning to be in a spot I have scouted and seen bucks and does in for first light. Then I figured I would hunt in the area for the rest of the day and up until last light and get back about 8:30 or so. Has anyone else done this? Has anyone else been successful in doing anything other than waste gas?

bc_buckshot
11-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Waste of gas you gonna need at least a whole week for hunting that's if you are doing it from your couch. From the first hour of light, to day trips, then a whole week in the bush doesn't matter. Get yo ass out there instead of asking on here. Been endless times i have out on day trips to be home by lunchtime that day with someone. You just never know

Boner
11-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Title says it all. Desperate for meat and one more kick at the can I am thinking about heading out tomorrow morning to be in a spot I have scouted and seen bucks and does in for first light. Then I figured I would hunt in the area for the rest of the day and up until last light and get back about 8:30 or so. Has anyone else done this? Has anyone else been successful in doing anything other than waste gas?

Man I do that all the time. The other day I got there too early and had to sit in my truck for a half hour before I even bothered starting to walk into my area. I did it four out of five days this week. I'm done though, unless I head east for a whitetail hunt.

ryanb
11-20-2015, 05:40 PM
One things for sure, you won't shoot something if you're not hunting. If one day is all you have then give'er. I have shot plenty of animals on one day hunts.

hunter1947
11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Never crazy if you don't go out there in the woods there is no chance of bagging your animal ,,you would be crazy to stay at home..

JIL_24/7
11-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Waste of gas you gonna need at least a whole week for hunting that's if you are doing it from your couch. From the first hour of light, to day trips, then a whole week in the bush doesn't matter. Get yo ass out there instead of asking on here. Been endless times i have out on day trips to be home by lunchtime that day with someone. You just never know
I don't know if you're encouraging me or scolding me. I feel like I'm having a conversation with my dad lol

Salty
11-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Do it. It'll be a great day whether your successful or not ;)

Bugle M In
11-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Depends how old you are?????
Young...no problem.
Old....and still have to go to work....call in sick Monday!!!;)

Sofa King
11-20-2015, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU&feature=player_detailpage

604ksmith
11-20-2015, 06:11 PM
I do that quite regularly.

In bed by 7pm, up at 2am, at my spot by 5am, nap at 11am, drive home by 6pm, back in bed at 9pm. It's a rough grind, but coffee can work wonders.

caddisguy
11-20-2015, 06:13 PM
That's perfectly normal. Been up since 5am and just got off work. Heading home to pack up the jeep, then head out for an hour of highway and an hour of dirt road. It will be a freezing cold night sleeping in the car but I'll be waking up all refreshed and ready to go before first light... typical weekend.

Sofa King
11-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I do that quite regularly.

In bed by 7pm, up at 2am, at my spot by 5am, nap at 11am, drive home by 6pm, back in bed at 9pm. It's a rough grind, but coffee can work wonders.

tsk! tsk!
most of my deer have been shot during the midday hours, usually while dad was napping back at camp.

604ksmith
11-20-2015, 06:17 PM
tsk! tsk!
most of my deer have been shot during the midday hours, usually while dad was napping back at camp.

I know, I know! But on the one-day trips I need a nap or the drive home becomes dangerous. Also, I haven't seen squat from say 11am-1pm. I know they're out there, but until I skip and nap and see something, I won't feel bad snoozing every now and then.

Downwind
11-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Why not drive up now and just sleep in your truck? That's what like to do if I have a long drive to get where I want to hunt. Then you won't feel tired midday. But either way yes you are crazy but so are all hunter's who are willing to leave a warm bed at ungodly hours to freeze our butts off hiking on hillsides

Muliechaser
11-20-2015, 09:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU&feature=player_detailpage

Did you shoot this video today sofa ? Lol

Sofa King
11-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Did you shoot this video today sofa ? Lol

haha.
well, it is pretty much a critter vid.

caves16
11-20-2015, 10:15 PM
i think blasting in a day hunt is a great plan, but wtf are you going to do if you get something? Nothing wrecks your day plan schedule like getting an animal!

Sofa King
11-20-2015, 10:27 PM
i think blasting in a day hunt is a great plan, but wtf are you going to do if you get something? Nothing wrecks your day plan schedule like getting an animal!
that's why you never shoot the first or second one you see in the day, wait for that afternoon, last-light buck.

TrickleCharger
11-20-2015, 10:44 PM
Hahaha I don't know what's up with that Shia Lebouf thing but thats f*cking hilarious!!

I say giver JIL what's a few hours of lost sleep anyway? A friend of mine (new hunter) was asking me if he should even bother going hunting a couple weeks ago as it was calling for pretty heavy rain. I told him only if you want to shoot a deer. He got his first deer ever at around 10am that morning, turns out getting a little wet isn't so bad. Just Do It!!

Backwoods
11-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Your crazy if you don't do that!!!!