PDA

View Full Version : Answer to decline of BC moose numbers

flyboy
11-17-2015, 02:18 PM
PARKS CANADA moose cull in Cape Breton NS? The moose are eating to many tree saplings.

To to bad we couldn't load them up and truck them over to BC.

Xenomorph
11-17-2015, 03:34 PM
PARKS CANADA moose cull in Cape Breton NS? The moose are eating to many tree saplings.

To to bad we couldn't load them up and truck them over to BC.

Are they doing a cull ...hunters involved? At least people could get the meat and enjoy the great outdoors.

Downwind
11-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Are they doing a cull ...hunters involved? At least people could get the meat and enjoy the great outdoors.

FN are the only ones allowed to hunt the moose in the cull. Apparently hunters and GO's are fighting the cull right now

Seeker
11-17-2015, 03:48 PM
We could do a swap, moose to BC, wolves to the rock!

markomoose
11-17-2015, 05:16 PM
We could do a swap, moose to BC, wolves to the rock!I second that motion!!

Husky7mm
11-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Thats ******ed. Nuffs love moose hunting and shooting everything they can.... I hear much of the moose are still on draw and not general. If they had given a gos on moose and even 2 tags they would not have to cull any moose.

Bugle M In
11-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Thats ******ed. Nuffs love moose hunting and shooting everything they can.... I hear much of the moose are still on draw and not general. If they had given a gos on moose and even 2 tags they would not have to cull any moose.
seriously, they are on LEH, and are culling moose!!!??????
Now that's F******!!!!!!
If that's the case, than it just reinforces to me just how stupid most people are.

Everett
11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Those Moose are all originally from stocks from Alberta

Husky7mm
11-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Those Moose are all originally from stocks from Alberta

this is coffee shop talk and not researshed but iirc it was only less than 10 moose transplanted.

Husky7mm
11-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Oh and by the way OP this is not a BC moose issue, it is cape breton and NFL problem, your title is misleading, its would be nice if they would ship us some moose though.

riflebuilder
11-17-2015, 07:33 PM
ape Breton is in Nova Scotia not Newfoundland.

Husky7mm
11-17-2015, 07:40 PM
ape Breton is in Nova Scotia not Newfoundland.

I know , I have a brother in-law from cape breton, everyone calls them nuffies anyway. Lol, anyways its been mentioned to me a few times that its a draw out there.
Newfoundland has the highest moose densities in the world, so its likely the same problem there, if not real soon.

HarryToolips
11-17-2015, 07:40 PM
seriously, they are on LEH, and are culling moose!!!??????
Now that's F******!!!!!!
If that's the case, than it just reinforces to me just how stupid most people are.
Totally agree...their guy(s) in charge of hunting regs or whatever should immediately be fired.. And of course FN's get the main perk, as always..

MB_Boy
11-17-2015, 08:58 PM
this is coffee shop talk and not researshed but iirc it was only less than 10 moose transplanted.

That was the case in Newfoundland....started from 9. Not sure about Cape Breton though.

Rather than waiting for my Dad as he's a moose biologist, I did Google.....Cape Breton started from 18 and are a different subspecies, Western Moose.

Everett
11-17-2015, 09:24 PM
The moose in Cape Breton are all from Alberta its not coffee shop talk. And if you call a caper a newfie to there face you will be eating a knuckle sandwich they don't even like to described as Nova Scotians.