PDA

View Full Version : Arrows for Primitive bow.....

One Shot
11-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Just got a primitive bow again. I know there a few archery vendors here but who and where in the LML and Fraser Valley would one find decent prefletched wooden arrows and field points?

Thanks

J_T
11-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Check with Monty at Windfeather Archery Traditions. 250 426-8565.

greybark
11-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Yuppers Monty (X2)
Cheers

redthorn
11-17-2015, 08:41 PM
The cheaper the arrows the more you will practice, and the less a broken or missing arrow will affect your hunting budget...

Try www.Aliexpress.com or www.Alibaba.com I get all my archery expendables from there, as even with shipping from the orient you pay 1/5 of what it costs you here.

J_T
11-17-2015, 09:24 PM
The cheaper the arrows the more you will practice, and the less a broken or missing arrow will affect your hunting budget...

Try www.Aliexpress.com (http://www.Aliexpress.com) or www.Alibaba.com (http://www.Alibaba.com) I get all my archery expendables from there, as even with shipping from the orient you pay 1/5 of what it costs you here. Yup. Like everything else, you can buy from the orient. Or... If you have any questions, you can consult with Windfeather. Monty shoots primitive. Im kot sure the expertise gets any better in this Province. First question, compare price. I think you'll be surprised. Check out Windfeather. You get more than you realize. Unless you speak mandarin.

greybark
11-17-2015, 09:26 PM
One Shot , You need to know what poundage your bow is at your draw . Norm is 28in . The other must know before selecting your arrow is the amount of center shot in the riser shelf . Less center shot utilizes lighter spine then registered bow poundage .
Cheers

Monashee
11-17-2015, 09:32 PM
One Shot - What do you mean by a primitive bow ?

Most if not all primitive bows do not have an arrow shelf so the arrow must be spined to snake around the handle

One Shot
11-18-2015, 01:44 AM
One Shot - What do you mean by a primitive bow ?

Most if not all primitive bows do not have an arrow shelf so the arrow must be spined to snake around the handle

A handmade bow of Yew, which is Maple backed...

Correct, mine does not have a shelve...

I need 35#-38# spine wooden arrows for my bow.

One Shot
11-18-2015, 01:45 AM
One Shot , You need to know what poundage your bow is at your draw . Norm is 28in . The other must know before selecting your arrow is the amount of center shot in the riser shelf . Less center shot utilizes lighter spine then registered bow poundage .
Cheers

46# at 28"...