PDA

View Full Version : Cabin for rent?

bc-hunter
11-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Hello everybody.

Our family is currently living in the Lower Mainland and I look for every opportunity to get out on weekends (shopping malls and traffic lineups are not my thing). We've been renting cabins through the typical websites such as "Owner Direct", "VRBO" and "Cariboo Cabins". I was wondering if anyone on HuntingBC has a cabin they would like to rent, say within a <4 hour drive of the Lower Mainland? We would be interested in hopefully a more flexible, long term commitment. Perhaps booking something like a 3-day weekend each month, over next year.

It would be myself and my wife, two boys (8 and 10 years old) and a golden retriever ... we would spend our time fishing, hunting, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, mountain biking and anything else in between. Please send me a PM.

Thank you!

Peter

Iron Glove
11-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Go to tulameenbc.com and check out the Kellett Cabin in the "where to stay" section.
Easily within your 4 hour window, a lot less in the summer via the Coq.
Can fish, hunt, quad, snowmobile, snowshoe, hike and bike from the door.
X Country ski right there or 20 minutes away at China Creek, downhill in Manning.
Very kid and dog friendly. Really great owners.
It's rented out a lot, maybe they would be interested in your concept ??
Only downside is their neighbour is a crusty old fart with 2 ahole dogs but you'd get used to the dogs but not me. :wink:

bc-hunter
11-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Thank you, I'll check out that link. I've been all over the province and all the way up to Alaska, but only briefly drove through Tulameen some years ago. I think we'll aim to do a weekend up there after Christmas and I'll keep an eye out for the "crusty old fart" you mentioned ... ha ha.