PDA

View Full Version : pain in youe elbow

calvin L
05-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I have been dealing with pain in my elbow it is mainly at full draw (left the hand I hold my bow with ). I seem to be having some troubles holding on the spot . With the pain in my arm it feels like I may be rushing the shot . It is a 5 week wait to get in to see the doctor (mut be golfing) has anyone felt any thing like this ? I have a grizz hunt coming up .( AND NO THIS WILL NO STOP ME .)So it will be to late to try to fix it now but I gess I could a shot to ease the pain . Could it be tennis elbow .

GoatGuy
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I think you should quit hunting and move to Louisiana :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Be sure to call me before you sell all your gear!

boxhitch
05-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Wrenchers elbow ?
I'd blame the dogs, pulling on that leash all the time. Damned dogs.

Chuck
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd definitely STOP playing tennis. Bow hunting has got to be far more important than a game. Definitely see a Doc, and in the mean time don't over tax the elbow and use a nsaid, such as Motrin, if required. Nix the shot unless the Doc recommends it. Good luck!

Stone Sheep Steve
05-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I agree. Must be wrencher's elbow! Get yourself on WCB, put down your bow, pick up your iron and let's go Grizz hunting until the season closes, then let's chase blackies until the latest season closes( !! 8)
If you elbow still bothers you, take the summer and fall off and make sure it heals properly. Go back to work next winter:roll: .

SSS

boxhitch
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Get yourself on WCB, put down your bow,
He's gone for the night. Maybe for a massage ? Hope he's not alone.

Bow Walker
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I have been dealing with pain in my elbow it is mainly at full draw (left the hand I hold my bow with ). I seem to be having some troubles holding on the spot . With the pain in my arm it feels like I may be rushing the shot . It is a 5 week wait to get in to see the doctor (mut be golfing) has anyone felt any thing like this ? I have a grizz hunt coming up .( AND NO THIS WILL NO STOP ME .)So it will be to late to try to fix it now but I gess I could a shot to ease the pain . Could it be tennis elbow .
How is your arm when at full draw - by that I mean is the elbow slightly bent or is it locked or is it bent a fair amount?

If you can get someone to take a pic of you at ful draw that would help a lot.

Or....are you just looking for an excuse to get onto WCB?

calvin L
05-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Goat guy I would sell you my bow & gear but you would give it the proper amount of time or love just like the lady in kamloops

Boxhitch & Stone Sheep Steve . You are most likely correct wrenchers elbow It could be seeing I have been doing that $hit for 20 years . And no I have never been on wcb & hope I am not ever.

Bow walker @ full draw my bow arm is slightly bent I have double checked my form to some of the books and vid's I have ti is good (I have been shooting a bow for 14 years know where does time go????)

Bow Walker
05-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Well then, it looks like it has nothing to do with your shooting form. Good luck on your hunt. Are you going after Grizzlies with your bow? If so - really GOOD LUCK!

thatskindafunny
05-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Ok, your talking to the tendonitis king here. If it is the inside of the elbow nothing but time will heal it. I hurt mine by golfing. I had to stop for 17 months and still baby it today. I had 6 - 8 shots in the elbow to relieve the pain. I also had tendonitis on the outside of the elbow and they were able to operate on the elbow plus made an insision lower down and lengthen the tendon at the same time. This worked. Good luck. Oh and I used to shoot a bow but don't anymore as I have had both wrist operated on for tendonitis and was off work for over 2 years. Not fun. I do not do anything repetive for too long. You can always come back and finish it tomorrow. Thanks to all my friends that come over and split my firewood.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Calvin-I guess you'd better order the new crossbow you were looking at!!:lol: .
Just kidding guys..................:roll: . No need to send him PM's. Just stay away from llamas:wink: .

SSS

calvin L
05-12-2007, 06:41 AM
STEVE are you trying to get be banded from bow hunting .LOL There ais a cross bow from excaliber I would buy .It would be possable to rid my friend place of little nosiey friend on the side of his house .:roll:

rockrabbitt
05-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Go see Dr Perey in Port Moody he just does hands and elbows, fixed the tendonitist in mine with a simple 15 minute operation.

superkill
06-28-2007, 10:49 PM
hey calvin
start pounding omega 3 with cod liver oil in cspsul form
works great,fights the inflamation.
I had the same problem worked good for me

xtremearchery
07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I have been shooting with a dead shoulder. Waiting for replacment. Talk about pain. The only way i've been shooting is by taking lots of fish oil and percacet.

Jimbo
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Ice packs for sure !! 20 mins. on and 20 mins. off
Anti-inflammatory pills from the nearest clinic.
Cold brew to chill you from the inside !
Good luck on the grizz hunt !