PDA

View Full Version : Midway/Greenwood advice

alevins
11-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Good afternoon all,

we are thinking of heading into new grounds this year and thought Greenwood, Midway, GF area

any advice out there? been looking at Google earth some and Recreation sites and trails but do not actually see a lot of forest service sites for camping.
appreciate any info you want to share

thanks

goatdancer
11-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Go up the Granby in Grand Forks. I'm sure you'll find a few spots. Probably very busy up there though.

tuner
11-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Good afternoon all,

we are thinking of heading into new grounds this year and thought Greenwood, Midway, GF area

any advice out there? been looking at Google earth some and Recreation sites and trails but do not actually see a lot of forest service sites for camping.
appreciate any info you want to share

thanks
It's busy as hell, people camped absolutely everywhere, all vying for the two spiker whitetail that have managed to survive to see the rut, as bad as it is you're better off in the Christian valley or the grandby.

takla1
11-14-2015, 11:17 PM
just back from north of rock creek
seen 1 -2 pnt WT taken.Had a chance at a 3x4 WT yesterday evening but he was too fast,me too slow..lol
Had a 3x3 mulie walk within 30 ft of me this morning following doe's but 4 pnt or better..

takla

coach
11-14-2015, 11:49 PM
just back from north of rock creek
seen 1 -2 pnt WT taken.Had a chance at a 3x4 WT yesterday evening but he was too fast,me too slow..lol
Had a 3x3 mulie walk within 30 ft of me this morning following doe's but 4 pnt or better..

takla

Mule deer closed on the 10th - regardless of antler configuration.

alevins
11-15-2015, 10:22 AM
We are heading out this am. Thanks for the advice