PDA

View Full Version : Kane valley hunting partner wanted

dino
11-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Anyone interested in hunting the kane valley area with me this sunday? PM me if your interested

Raptor man
11-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Hello , i am going to hunt somewhere this sun ,always looking for someone to go with, i am looking up kane valley now , not familiar , ps , i am a experienced hunter with a super capable offroad 4x4 , and easy to get along with,,,, just registered with this forum and dont see personal messaging option ?

Steeleco
11-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Raptor, simply click on the members name and select the private message option.

The kane can be a good area but the few trips I've been in there of late, it's been quite slow. The recent snow may help change things good luck

champs
11-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Does the Kane valley hold whitetails or is it too high of an elevation?

Steeleco
11-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Does the Kane valley hold whitetails or is it too high of an elevation?

Lots,if you know where to look.

champs
11-13-2015, 09:41 PM
cool. hopefully i can figure out where to look... the 12 year old is chomping at the bit for his first deer. :)

hntcrazy
11-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Well how did you make out? see any white tails or just mulies??????

new trigger
11-17-2015, 11:41 AM
What's the report?
Wanting to head up there this weekend and wonder what you saw

Steeleco
11-17-2015, 01:00 PM
My son was up there this past Sunday, 2' of snow in the areas we'd walked only a week prior. the only sign was up high so if you go and the weather continues the the way it is, make sure your in a capable buggy!

champs
11-17-2015, 08:19 PM
well we enjoyed ourselves but only saw some sign. Saw lots of wolf sign though, no wolves. Lots of snow... wish i had my chains (foolish)

dino
11-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the replies to the fellow members that contacted me, I got your messages a little to late. I did go up the Kane and knew that snow would be an issue so I put the tracks on the grizzly and off I went. I made the decision to go high and hopefully find some fresh cut tracks to dog all day. The problem was that the snow was pounding so hard it was almost impossible to determine how fresh they would be. I did see a buck showing some decent bone down low by the black pines ranch but I was unsure of what was private land or not. He was hiding in the thick timber as I expected most animals would be with the snow coming down so hard. I gave up early because of previous engagements so there's not much to tell. I do know where some white tail hang but I was after mulies, The conditions would have been perfect if the snow had stopped. By the way there are whities also around Davis lake for those who are wondering.

Steeleco
11-18-2015, 08:02 AM
A note to the new hunters or new to the area. The line between 3 and 8 is a funny one in that area, just west of Davis lake it runs all over the place. For the most part 8 is closed yet 3 is still open for a few weeks. Don't get caught doing the right thing on the wrong side of some "clear as mud" line in the regs.

basscanada
11-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Had a cabin there until recently, wolves moved into the area in good numbers a few years ago. Tough hunting for sure but can be rewarding if you put the time in.