PDA

View Full Version : Deer areas not too far from Hope

elch jager
11-10-2015, 11:09 AM
I am planning to head out tomorrow morning for a day hunt within easy driving distance of Hope. A friend who is a first time hunter wants me to take him out and hopefully point him at a deer.... I was thinking to take the Coq up to the summit and head east toward Tulameen via the Murphy Lakes Road and into 8-5 as it is the only candidate area I am slightly familiar with.

Does any one have another suggestion that might present better odds?

Thanks!

EJ

Red_Mist
11-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Skagit is closer but yes coquihalla is a good bet. There should be snow at those elevations now.

plumberjustin
11-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Could always try the west side of the Coq as well. I've had some success around the Murray Lake area. Lots of country to explore, the Maka-Murray road system will take you right over to Boston bar

BigD_83
11-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Check out the weather forecast. There is heavy snow moving in...

Just
11-10-2015, 01:06 PM
I've been working on the coq and they just said it's gonna be snow megedon so we ain't workin. Hope ya got good tires!!! I was also gonna hunt up around Tulemeen. Maybe come at it from Princeton.

elch jager
11-10-2015, 01:33 PM
I've been working on the coq and they just said it's gonna be snow megedon so we ain't workin. Hope ya got good tires!!! I was also gonna hunt up around Tulemeen. Maybe come at it from Princeton.

Tires were great - Nokian Rotiiva but now down to 60% tread. I'd rather not be pushing through the deep stuff. Maybe I'll look for a lower elevation plan B...

Rayne
11-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Regs change as of tomorrow in region 8 check em before you go

Iron Glove
11-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Try South of Princeton, the roads off of Copper Mountain FSR.

elch jager
11-10-2015, 08:53 PM
with the regulation changes that happen tomorrow I think we will stay in 3:14 for 3:15. We might even see a spike fork.

sapper
11-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Yup, I was planning on heading up the Coq early tomorrow morning for a day hunt but given that I was going to be solo did not want to risk it with the ugly snowfall that is being forecast. I'll stay home with the family and remember. My wife and daughter are quite happy as I am usually away for Remembrance Day, especially when it forms a long weekend.

Dutch
11-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Just rolled 355 k on the Coqu today both east and west sides from coldwater Nada couple fresh tracks 3 blue grouse that was it great country but nothing walked 30 k of bad road as well was snowing from top to past the snow shed and the roads on top had 4" and ice they will not be good ,but that's it for me on to whiteys again