PDA

View Full Version : Muley rut is on!

chromehunter
11-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Out hunting in region 7 today.. Spotted lots of does and 6 bucks.. Two of which together in a group of 5 does.. They were chasing the does hard and fighting each other for them.. Fun to watch.. To bad only 3 points!!

Sharpish
11-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Island blacktails have been going for 10 days or so! The deer are dropping like rain mid island

Cyrus
11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
not seeing much action in reg 5 yet...

MikeH
11-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Seen does in Region 3 hung around them.. no bucks.

Steelpulse
11-09-2015, 10:23 AM
We started to see some bucks wandering some distance across the country searching but not serious rut actions reg 3 yet i think where we are at least is just starting to heat up

Glenny
11-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Sounds good. Another week up in the Loops area for me starting this Friday. Should be chiming in good by then.

smallfry14
11-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Been seeing does every day in region 3 and no bucks hanging around that I could see. Just one young 2 point with a big fat neck on em

takla1
11-09-2015, 12:00 PM
cold weather with snow in next weeks forecast.Im heading up to reg 3 for a few days then back thru reg 8 for a few days.hopeing to punch a couple WT tags.heading out fri for the week ,goodluck to all others ..shoot straight!

takla

Looking_4_Jerky
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Was out for moose all last week and also did not see bucks with the does I saw. Only buck was a little spiker and he was alone. Significant rubs in the woods, but I think that is largely a pre-rut activity?

jeremy84
11-09-2015, 12:31 PM
was in 3-31 today didn't see any moose sign, but i did see fresh tracks and rubs. Bumped into another hunter and he said he got a 4 point the other day

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 02:07 PM
hittin the hills Wednesday...just hoping for snow where I go...so far, nothing.

srupp
11-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Region 5..seeing lots of does. .some incredibly big..but no bucks at all..not in early am..not in middle of day. .not late afternoon.even safe locations..no hunting pressure does out feeding..no bucks..tommorrw last day before 2 week closure..nov 11..nov 20..

Cheers
Srupp

digger dogger
11-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I let ya know in a week how the rut is going:-)

M.Dean
11-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Jeez, can someone tell the dam bucks up here it's "That Time"!!! They sure ain't listen'in to me!

jessonml
11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
I would be interested in what others think about this - Where I hunt late season in region 5, it always seems that, if the intention with the Nov. 11-20 closure was to hit peak rut, they have missed the mark. When I am there Nov. 25 - 30 I always see the bucks chasing. Now, I am only basing this observation on a few years but what do others think? This is the time I will be there this year as well.

gamer
11-09-2015, 04:17 PM
I saw a whole lot of lonely does in 8.1 last few days.

DANOSON
11-09-2015, 04:25 PM
the mulie gods said the rut is going to start on the 13th and end on the 22nd. Thats when I am hunting. haha

digger dogger
11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
the mulie gods said the rut is going to start on the 13th and end on the 22nd. Thats when I am hunting. haha

You should get a big rutted up buck then:-)
Seems like you'll hit the peak in those dates.
Good luck.

.264winmag
11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Been rutting hard here tevion8 since late oct. Can't find the right one...tracked a 3 point this morning that made 5 rubs last night and pissed in a few strategic areas. Seen first mature wt on a doe also, left him for next year. It's on gentlemen!

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
I would be interested in what others think about this - Where I hunt late season in region 5, it always seems that, if the intention with the Nov. 11-20 closure was to hit peak rut, they have missed the mark. When I am there Nov. 25 - 30 I always see the bucks chasing. Now, I am only basing this observation on a few years but what do others think? This is the time I will be there this year as well.
seems to be what I've seen too, but the big boys quite often start falling from beginning Nov. on...IMO

Ambush
11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
I think the little guys are still "fluffing" the does for the mature bucks.

Cyrus
11-09-2015, 06:47 PM
agreed...have had better luck after the closure than before...Have seen about 30 does with no bucks and 1 lonely 2 pt in the last 2 days...couple scrapes but definitely no rut yet...the snow will start dating season soon. Then again all the bucks might be dead or just not around...

OutWest
11-09-2015, 08:26 PM
I think the little guys are still "fluffing" the does for the mature bucks.

Bingo. Seen a few mid-class bucks trying to make things happen as well. Same story every year.

Brutis
11-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Rut is on in reg 5 just shot 3 buck 1 yesterday and 2 day they where very stinky and with does and heading home tomorrow

11-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Friend watched young buck breed a doe several times yesterday in Northern part of region 5.

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Rut is on in reg 5 just shot 3 buck 1 yesterday and 2 day they where very stinky and with does and heading home tomorrow

Well, I guess a congrats to you...good job.

srupp
11-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Hmmm ? 3 x 4 points? In 2 days? Congrads..not what we have observed..but..congrads they gotta be some where. .lol.
Cheers
Steven

Cyrus
11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
nothing but does again today for me...hope things pick up after the closure....As much as I hate winter.. need some snow...

VIblacktail
11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Out hunting in region 7 today.. Spotted lots of does and 6 bucks.. Two of which together in a group of 5 does.. They were chasing the does hard and fighting each other for them.. Fun to watch.. To bad only 3 points!!

Hunting in region 3 right now, I seen 2 bucks chasing does today! Good to see as it is my first day of my hunt!

Sofa King
11-10-2015, 08:43 PM
nothing but does again today for me...hope things pick up after the closure....As much as I hate winter.. need some snow...

ditto.
got out this afternoon for a scout in anticipation of a 5 day hunt starting tomorrow.
was flabbergasted by the lack of snow, up as high as I hunt.
downright crazy.

264mag
11-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Saw my first region 3 buck rutting today, swelled neck, chasing does. Dumb as a post. 3 points x 2 lucky dumbass.

Boner
11-12-2015, 06:49 PM
I went out today for a mulie. It was snowing sideways it was so windy. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. :)

wideopenthrottle
11-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Got in three days near Clinton..buddy filled his doe tag....only saw 2 or 3 bucks ...a two point that let us drive by him no more than 5 feet away on the side of the road....to be fair the head lights were on and it was just starting to get dark but only just past shooting time....also got two looks at a ????? -he was With 4 does ....he was very wary even though he was with does

Bugle M In
11-16-2015, 02:22 PM
just back..
spikes, 2pts, 3pts, and a small crab claw 4...
lots of does around, but many walking solo, or in small groups of does, and either no bucks or just the small ones.
the 3 pts were barely swollen..
had a hard time telling them apart from the does in body size to be honest.
where I go, snow only hit late Sat into early Sun.
All the deer we saw where still sporting their summer coats!!
This seems to be the case for many years now, as the snow never hits anymore until almost Dec,
should be a foot there by now!!
Can't remember the last time they were sporting their winter grey/black??
Obviously, these are local/lowland deer, and the migratory deer are still up in the Plateaus??
And yes...
Lot's of Wolf Activity!!again, with no end in site.
Also talked to others in the area...all say the same.
One did report seeing large groups of does, but not one buck???
He watched this group for hours...
As for the 3 pts we saw, some were sparring, and the winner was courting 2 does for now.
That was Sunday.
So, were I am, the rut is starting, but I don't think the Frenzy has begun, and unless the snow keeps dropping
everyday from now until the end of the season, I think this is going to be Wash for my group, as deer are
dispersed all over the Area, up top and down low.
It will be "Luck", not hunting skill or effort to be successful this season.
Good luck guys, and congrats to some who were successful.